FBS QBs in Transfer Portal

All other college sports!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

FBS QBs in Transfer Portal

Post by SuperHornet »

Started the last two seasons, but DNP-CD for their bowl loss to Army....

https://sports.yahoo.com/missouri-start ... 06725.html
Last edited by SuperHornet on Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: Mizzou Starting QB Hits Transfer Portal

Post by CAA Flagship »

SH, please look at the thread titles in this forum and imagine how many can be combined into one thread. And the next time you start a new thread, think ahead and title it in anticipation of other related events and subsequent posts.

The Mizzou QB hitting the transfer portal does not warrant it's own thread.

That said, the guy who did start was my youngest son's classmate in HS. :lol: 8-)
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Re: Mizzou Starting QB Hits Transfer Portal

Post by SuperHornet »

Um...my thread was posted on the 24th, while kalm's was posted yesterday. Why are you blaming ME for that?

Also, if I had mod powers on THIS board, don't you think I would have started combining like threads, anyway?

SMH....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Re: FBS QBs in Transfer Portal

Post by SuperHornet »

Michigan backup QB Dan Villari has hit the portal with four full years of eligibility remaining. Harbaugh had foreseen Villari as a weapon in the vein of Taysom Hill. Given the fact that starter Cade McNamara and phenom J.J. McCarthy return and are backed up by two HS recruits in Jayden Denegal and Alex Orji, Michigan will likely just shrug at this. This past season, Villari completed one of three passes for nine yards and ran 9 times for 35 yards.

No word on where Villari may go....

https://sports.yahoo.com/michigan-footb ... 01857.html

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

FBS Players in Transfer Portal

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:13 pm Don’t see a thread for FCS AA/All Conference players transferring up, so will put here. JMU loses their AA WR Wells to the transfer portal:
The outgoing Wells set three program single-season records – receptions (83), receiving yards (1,250) and touchdowns (15) – this fall.
https://www.dnronline.com/dnronline/jmu ... b1973.html
After only 2 seasons, probably the best WR JMU has ever had.

Like someone on the JMU board put it:
Offers out of High School: JSU, Robert Morris, Campbell
Offers out of FUMA (Fork Union Military Academy (PG)): Maine & JMU
Offers out of JMU: Miami, VT, Miss St, ECU..

First ‘normal‘ season with the transfer portal and this new anyone can move up/move lateral & don‘t have to sit out a season. Going to turn every season into a transfer meat market.
:D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UM has landed TWO FBS transfer QB's:

Lucas Johnson, former starting QB for San Diego State University
Taylor Powell, former starting QB for Troy University (still in question, not announced, but those in the know assure me he's already enrolled).

Also have a transfer WR from UW (Racanelli) who apparently is a believer in the mantra "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em"...

Oh, and we lost our punter to Nebraska
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Speaking of Nebraska: they just snagged QB Casey Thompson from Texas. This was apparently prompted by Texas' addition of former OH State QB Quinn Ewers via the Portal. Nebraska is also desperate for a veteran (in college terms) QB who can contribute right away to save Husker grad Scott Frost's job. This article writer seems to think that Texas is one of the few places where it's harder to be a college QB than Nebraska in terms of having to deal with media scrutiny, so Thompson should be prepared for it. Nebraska and new OC Mark Whipple are also looking at FL State QB Chubba Purdy.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/three- ... yptr=yahoo

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:31 pm UM has landed TWO FBS transfer QB's:

Lucas Johnson, former starting QB for San Diego State University
Taylor Powell, former starting QB for Troy University (still in question, not announced, but those in the know assure me he's already enrolled).

Also have a transfer WR from UW (Racanelli) who apparently is a believer in the mantra "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em"...

Oh, and we lost our punter to Nebraska
Welp. No Taylor Powell. He went CMU I believe...
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Among many Tide players to hit the portal is soph QB Paul Tyson, the great-grandson of legendary 'Bama coach Bear Bryant. Having spent three years with Alabama, he will have three years remaining. This year, Tyson was 10-16-150. As of yesterday, Tyson had not chosen a destination.

https://sports.yahoo.com/alabama-qb-pau ... p_catchall

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

QB Hunter Johnson is returning to Clemson after four years at Northwestern.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/clemson-repo ... 23373.html

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

4 week old news, JMU got the starting rising 6th yr senior QB from Colorado St. From Florida, played 3 seasons at Tenple, before the last 2 at Colorado St. Colorado St was terrible last season (3-9) (I saw them get clobbered by SDSU), but the kid had pretty good numbers on the season. It really doesn’t matter for next season, as JMU is ineligible for any conference titles or anything postseason. Basically a throwaway season.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... ar-AASfKCL
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:26 pm 4 week old news, JMU got the starting rising 6th yr senior QB from Colorado St. From Florida, played 3 seasons at Tenple, before the last 2 at Colorado St. Colorado St was terrible last season (3-9) (I saw them get clobbered by SDSU), but the kid had pretty good numbers on the season. It really doesn’t matter for next season, as JMU is ineligible for any conference titles or anything postseason. Basically a throwaway season.
MSN.com Link
FIFY