AAC Commish Pans CFP Expansion Plan

All other college sports!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

AAC Commish Pans CFP Expansion Plan

Post by SuperHornet »

He's opposing it for the "privilege" granted the P-5. He has a point. The plan includes auto-bids for each of the P-5 and one auto-bid for the highest ranked G5 conference champ, with six at-large bids to complete the 12-team bracket, with the top four seeds getting byes. Some in the sports industry are shocked that he would oppose this because it DOES increase access (somewhat) for G5 schools, but I think he's right. This just seems like another way to lord it over the G5 while making it LOOK like they're throwing the G5 a bone. It should be an auto-bid for EVERY FBS conference champ, and some at-large bids on top of that. After all, you can't have a Boise-Oklahoma upset if you define it out....

https://sports.yahoo.com/whos-the-commi ... 36356.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: AAC Commish Pans CFP Expansion Plan

Post by GannonFan »

Tough luck. The P5 are where the money is, where the interest is, and frankly where most of the best football is (most, not all). G5 doesn't deserve equal access, either on the field or in the bank accounts. At the end of the day, I want to watch good football, not equity-driven football. Want to be in the playoffs? Play well.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation