TX Tech Cans Coach

All other college sports!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

TX Tech Cans Coach

Post by SuperHornet »

Oddly, they are 5-3 (2-3 Big XII). I think the issue is that Matt Wells' overall record over two and a half seasons is 13-17. But that seems a bit quick on the draw to me. Perhaps they're wishing they hadn't canned Kliff Kingsbury so fast. This sort of thing sort of guarantees mediocrity, as one doesn't get a chance to fully establish a program. In any event, OC Sonny Cumbie takes over as interim HC for the rest of the season. Wells spent six years at his alma mater, UT State, where he took the Aggies to five bowl games and had two 10-win seasons.

Expected permanent candidates are SMU HC Sonny Dykes and UTSA HC Jeff Traylor; UTSA is currently ranked for the first time in school history at 24. But why would ANYONE apply to a school with this track record of firing head coaches before they've had a legitimate chance of getting going?

Other FBS schools with coaching vacancies are UCONN, GA Southern, LSU, U$C, and Wazzu. Pittsburgh Steelers head man Mike Tomlin calls rumors that he's about to bolt for U$C a "joke."

https://sports.yahoo.com/texas-tech-fir ... 46385.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.