CO State's Epic Meltdown

All other college sports!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

CO State's Epic Meltdown

Post by SuperHornet »

Down two with the clock running out at Utah Sate, the CO State lightning field goal team ran on the field, got confused, then missed the FG to lose the game. Every team in the country practices lightning field goal every week, though it's rarely used since the advent of the spike play. They could have lined up to spike the ball. They also still had a time out, which the coach COULD have called himself merely by getting in front of a sideline official's face. But he didn't do that, and then he proceeded to throw the team under the bus during the post-game interview, blaming THEM for the missed FG. First, that's about the worst case of coaching leadership I've ever heard of. You don't blame the players to reporters for what is YOUR responsibility as HC. Second, this isn't even the only time this has happened to him. Several years ago, his Boston College team forgot about the running clock during a running attempt at the goal line, and couldn't get lined up in time for the spike.

Normally, I don't advocate in-season coach firings, but if THIS is how the guy reacts to a failure of coaching leadership, it's time to can the guy.

:ohno:

https://sports.yahoo.com/baffling-chaot ... 32749.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Re: CO State's Epic Meltdown

Post by JALMOND »

I thought this was going to be about another coach from a state university in Colorado throwing a clipboard again. :lol: