UC Davis Baseball is BENCHED!

All other college sports!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

UC Davis Baseball is BENCHED!

Post by SuperHornet »

UC Davis has indefinitely suspended their baseball program over unspecified "misconduct." All Aggie baseball facilities will be locked down starting tomorrow, all training has ceased, and the entire coaching staff has been placed on unpaid administrative leave. That, to me, seems quite drastic coming from within this cloud of secrecy. I seem to remember that when UOP basketball had two recent scandals, the university was much more upfront about what was going on. Yes, Davis has the recent history of disbanding their "Band-uh" over allegations of hazing. But the assumption that this is more of the same really can't be made until the facts are released regarding this unnamed "misconduct." Personally, until those facts come out, this has the feel of an AD power trip. We'll see....

https://gooddaysacramento.cbslocal.com/ ... legations/

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: UC Davis Baseball is BENCHED!

Post by AZGrizFan »

yeah, because AD's take these kind of drastic measures ALL THE TIME.

WTF? Baseball players are notorious for getting into shit. It's a sport with the absolute MOST idle time on your hands.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

I hope the barn animals that were abused in whatever "misconduct" that took place are ok.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:14 am I hope the barn animals that were abused in whatever "misconduct" that took place are ok.
:rofl: :rofl:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Per CBS13 News last night, the still-vague allegations of "misconduct," like the old "Band-Uh!" that was forcibly shut down a couple of years ago, involve some sort of hazing. No word on if this "hazing" was quite as gross as that in the "Band-Uh!".....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.