UOP Strikes Again

All other college sports!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

UOP Strikes Again

Post by SuperHornet »

Yesterday, I saw online that one of my fellow UOP quarterbacks from '95 (a fifth-year senior who is now an executive in partnership with a UOP DL in SoCal) has a son playing TE at a high level with Utah who recently created Twitter waves with a hurdle of a defender during a game.
Our other fifth year senior QB, formerly policy director for the Governor of Alabama and now CEO of the World Games to be held in Birmingham, has a son of the same name who recently signed with UAB.

I'm a proud teammate from afar!

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: UOP Strikes Again

Post by kalm »

Back to back Pacific U posts?

Somebody is hitting the Henry Weinhards root beer already this morning.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

kalm wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:39 am Back to back Pacific U posts?

Get your schools straight, kalm. University of the Pacific is a D-I AAA school located in Stockton, CA. Pacific University is a D-III school located in Forest Grove, OR. They are often confused, and the one in Oregon has often received congratulations during years when the UOP men's hoops team makes the NCAAs, and UOP got congratulations when the school in Oregon resurrected its dormant football program....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SuperHornet wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:24 am
kalm wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:39 am Back to back Pacific U posts?

Get your schools straight, kalm. University of the Pacific is a D-I AAA school located in Stockton, CA. Pacific University is a D-III school located in Forest Grove, OR. They are often confused, and the one in Oregon has often received congratulations during years when the UOP men's hoops team makes the NCAAs, and UOP got congratulations when the school in Oregon resurrected its dormant football program....
Stockton isn’t even on the ocean. Should have named it the UOTSJR.

(U of San Joaquin River)
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Once again, kalm doesn't know what he's talking about. UOP was born in Santa Clara as California Wesleyan College before moving to San Jose, and then to Stockton. There are also UOP campuses in Sacramento (the McGeorge School of Law, which produced sports agent Scott Boras and serving on the faculty is retired SCOTUS associate justice Anthony Kennedy) and San Francisco (the Dugoni School of Dentistry, the only dental school in the country accredited to provide a 3-year accelerated DDS). The old Santa Clara campus is now the home of Bellarmine Prep. UOP is the oldest chartered university in California (born in 1851), is the first independent coed campus in Cali, and has the first Conservatory of Music and first medical school on the West Coast (though the medical school now focuses strictly on dentistry). The Stockton-based School of Engineering is one of the best in the country, and modifies the usual four-year graduation guarantee to a five-year guarantee to accommodate a rather generous internship program. In fact, Graham Leigh, the redshirt freshman quarterback who led UOP to a stirring last-play victory at San Jose State, was at UOP for the Engineering program.