New AP Poll

All other college sports!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

New AP Poll

Post by SuperHornet »

So I kinda-sorta "get" Liberty dropping out after taking their first L by one point to NC State. But how in the heck does Coastal drop a spot after rather decisively handling App State to remain undefeated?!? I figured that win coupled with Wisconsin dropping like a rock would help CCU, but that's apparently not the case.

SMH....

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/ ... ated-press

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: New AP Poll

Post by GannonFan »

SuperHornet wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:37 pm So I kinda-sorta "get" Liberty dropping out after taking their first L by one point to NC State. But how in the heck does Coastal drop a spot after rather decisively handling App State to remain undefeated?!? I figured that win coupled with Wisconsin dropping like a rock would help CCU, but that's apparently not the case.

SMH....

How do you define "decisive"? Did you even watch the game (it was on either ESPN or ESPN2, so plenty of people saw it). Coastal trailed much of the game, was losing at halftime, and was also losing late in the game until they scored a TD with 2:24 left in the game. The only reason the final score was 11 points was that they then returned a pick 6 as Appy St was trying to march for the winning TD. This wasn't really a great selling point of a game for Coastal.

As for the polls, sure, Wisconsin dropped, but they were replaced by the undefeated team that thumped them, Northwestern. Oklahoma St dropped, but Oklahoma thumped them and moved up. The drop for Coastal was because of Iowa St, who blew out KState 45-0 this week, and of course, because of Coastal's close call with Appy St. Hardly "decisive".
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

SuperHornet wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:37 pm But how in the heck does Coastal drop a spot
Because they've been about 9 spots too high all year.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SuperHornet wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:37 pm So I kinda-sorta "get" Liberty dropping out after taking their first L by one point to NC State. But how in the heck does Coastal drop a spot after rather decisively handling App State to remain undefeated?!? I figured that win coupled with Wisconsin dropping like a rock would help CCU, but that's apparently not the case.

SMH....

We didn't play someone that was ranked or ranked above us. It was a good win for us but, worthy enough to bump us up the list? Nah.....We're happy to just be in the polls at all.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:00 am
SuperHornet wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:37 pm But how in the heck does Coastal drop a spot
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:46 am
89Hen wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:00 am

:lol: I just don't think CCU would beat all but 14 teams in I-A. If you had to wager your money, would you pick CCU over any of these?...

Cincinnati
Notre Dame
Clemson
Miami
North Carolina
Iowa State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Ohio State
Northwestern
Wisconsin
BYU
Oregon
USC (real one)
Florida
Georgia
Alabama
Texas A&M
Auburn
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:51 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:46 am

:lol: I just don't think CCU would beat all but 14 teams in I-A. If you had to wager your money, would you pick CCU over any of these?...

Cincinnati
Notre Dame
Clemson
Miami
North Carolina
Iowa State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Ohio State
Northwestern
Wisconsin
BYU
Oregon
USC (real one)
Florida
Georgia
Alabama
Texas A&M
Auburn
Have you not read my posts on this? :lol: CCU would get beat down by all of those teams. Our ranking is a confluence of late starts, missing players, COVID, etc... It's not a normal season.