All other college sports!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Chants at 20

Post by 89Hen »

Sorry Chants fans, but CCU being ranked 20 is absolutely comical (so is Marshall at 19). Their marquis win is over a Kansas team that has gotten curbstomped by everyone they've played.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Chants at 20

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:36 am Sorry Chants fans, but CCU being ranked 20 is absolutely comical (so is Marshall at 19). Their marquis win is over a Kansas team that has gotten curbstomped by everyone they've played.
Not sure what you mean by "marquis" win. Is Kansas nobility? But I thought it was defeating a Top 25 team that was our best win to date..

I'm just happy to be ranked higher than USC (AP, not Coaches), even if they're 0-0.

Give it time, a few teams still haven't played a single snap. Once they their first wins, CCU will drop. It's just an honor to be nominated. :mrgreen:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:34 am defeating a Top 25 team
The Mud Dogs?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:10 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:34 am defeating a Top 25 team
The Mud Dogs?
The Ragin' JSOs were #21 when the succumbed to the Thundering Beach Chickens.
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Lurking

Post by Rob Iola »

Chants Up!
Proletarians of the world, unite!
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

:lol: What a tool
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

Chants roll.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

CCU is gonna move up....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

#15. Bowl Eligible.

Even Liberty has cracked the Top 25.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

I just wish they'd play somebody. At least Liberty has VT and NCSt coming up.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:14 am I just wish they'd play somebody. At least Liberty has VT and NCSt coming up.
We've got Liberty on 12/5. :lol:

AppState is the only game I'm worried about.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

We're still at 15 in both polls.

But guess who isnt' #1? Thank you, Notre Dame. You provided America with it's 2nd greatest win on Saturday!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Haven't been following college football much this year. Just took a look at games played. :suspicious:
PAC 12: 1. None in the top 10, and only 2 ranked.
Big 10: 1 to 3. Wisconsin played only 1 game, ranked.
ACC: 7 to 8.
SEC 5 to 6.
Big 12: 5 to 7.

MAC: 1 to 2.
MWC: 3.
CUSA: 3 to 8. (except 0 for ODU)
AAC: 5 to 8.
Sun Belt: 7 to 9.
Independents: 0 (multiple) to 8.

I doubt CCU, Marshall, Liberty would be ranked, or as high, if this as a normal season, completed 10 weeks, where everyone had played 9-10 out of 12 games by now..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:30 am I doubt CCU, Marshall, Liberty would be ranked, or as high, if this as a normal season, completed 10 weeks, where everyone had played 9-10 out of 12 games by now..
Well Coastal would probably have a loss to USC had this been the regular 2020 schedule. Speculation, but that's my pick.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:30 am I doubt CCU, Marshall, Liberty would be ranked, or as high, if this as a normal season, completed 10 weeks, where everyone had played 9-10 out of 12 games by now..
Well Coastal would probably have a loss to USC had this been the regular 2020 schedule. Speculation, but that's my pick.
Does “probably” mean “most certainly would have”? I agree with your speculation, sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:Haven't been following college football much this year. Just took a look at games played. :suspicious:
PAC 12: 1. None in the top 10, and only 2 ranked.
Big 10: 1 to 3. Wisconsin played only 1 game, ranked.
ACC: 7 to 8.
SEC 5 to 6.
Big 12: 5 to 7.

MAC: 1 to 2.
MWC: 3.
CUSA: 3 to 8. (except 0 for ODU)
AAC: 5 to 8.
Sun Belt: 7 to 9.
Independents: 0 (multiple) to 8.

I doubt CCU, Marshall, Liberty would be ranked, or as high, if this as a normal season, completed 10 weeks, where everyone had played 9-10 out of 12 games by now..
Agree. CCU being ranked is due to a confluence of events beyond their control. But I’m happy they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Yeah, perfect kind of year for these G5 schools - they're playing more games than some of the P5 conferences thanks to the Big 10 and Pac-12 starting late, and they don't have to fear a loss or two from playing a P5 school since for the most part the P5 schools are staying in conference this year. Even further, some teams got to poke wins from the bottom of the Big 12 early on. Makes for a lot more G5 teams with undefeated records this late in the year, and it's harder and harder not to notice them and rank them. Heck, they even get on TV more as there are fewer games clogging up the main channels. Heckuva year for these guys.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

You deflect well Ibanez! I agree that Coastal likely wouldn't be ranked as highly in a normal year, but I think they would have an excellent chance of being ranked. And if the USC mentioned is the one in Columbia, no reason that you couldn't beat them. Unless they've improved markedly since last season.

I only hope App can play with you. I have no idea what to think about this years team. In the only true G-5 measuring stick game this season, Marshall made us look pretty bad. In every other game so far, App was pretty clearly the favorite.

If you guy run the table, and obviously I hope you lose on the 21st, it will be quite an achievement. I mean, you've still got the Fightin' Falwells coming up. Not to mention a possible rematch with UL-Lafayette (kick their ass please). If you do though, any ranking will have been earned.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AshevilleApp wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:32 pm You deflect well Ibanez! I agree that Coastal likely wouldn't be ranked as highly in a normal year, but I think they would have an excellent chance of being ranked. And if the USC mentioned is the one in Columbia, no reason that you couldn't beat them. Unless they've improved markedly since last season.

I only hope App can play with you. I have no idea what to think about this years team. In the only true G-5 measuring stick game this season, Marshall made us look pretty bad. In every other game so far, App was pretty clearly the favorite.

If you guy run the table, and obviously I hope you lose on the 21st, it will be quite an achievement. I mean, you've still got the Fightin' Falwells coming up. Not to mention a possible rematch with UL-Lafayette (kick their ass please). If you do though, any ranking will have been earned.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I think 89 means Uni. Southern Cal. Those fuckers sued for the initials. We're back down around 16 but if we can stay in the rankings the remainder of the season, it'll be great for the program.

The Fightin' Falwells was our rival in the Big South - it'd be great to have a perfect season to shove it down their throats. :lol: :lol:

Now - only 1 of us can remain undefeated this weekend. I hope it's us but if not - it'll be good to lose to another undefeated team. :thumb:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:15 am
AshevilleApp wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:32 pm You deflect well Ibanez! I agree that Coastal likely wouldn't be ranked as highly in a normal year, but I think they would have an excellent chance of being ranked. And if the USC mentioned is the one in Columbia, no reason that you couldn't beat them. Unless they've improved markedly since last season.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I think 89 means Uni. Southern Cal. Those fuckers sued for the initials.
I did actually mean the Cocks. You were scheduled to play them this year before Covid hit. You might have beaten them, but if I had to wager I would have taken USC-Columbia.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:47 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:15 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think 89 means Uni. Southern Cal. Those fuckers sued for the initials.
I did actually mean the Cocks. You were scheduled to play them this year before Covid hit. You might have beaten them, but if I had to wager I would have taken USC-Columbia.
AH! My mistake. You usually give me shit over calling S.Car, USC. :lol: :lol: We might've held our own but like you, I would've taken THE Univ. South Carolina for the win.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:51 am AH! My mistake. You usually give me shit over calling S.Car, USC. :lol: :lol:
You are correct. I actually got lazy. :D
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:05 pm
Ibanez wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:51 am AH! My mistake. You usually give me shit over calling S.Car, USC. :lol: :lol:
You are correct. I actually got lazy. :D
:clap: :clap:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I'm just happy CCU and Liberty don't have to have a suicide bodybag schedule like UOP had back in '95. The Tigers had to play Fresno State, Arizona, Nebraska, Oregon, and Oregon State all in the first five games, and that beat them up so much that they finished 3-8 in the EASY Big West. I don't know how, but UOP was able to talk Oregon State into coming to Stockton, where they lost to UOP.

But UOP DID end up getting the no-time-on-the-clock game-winning TD pass at San Jose State on the ESPN highlights the next Thursday night. Idiot Spartan DB tried to chop block the Tiger receiver at the SJSU five instead of executing a basic Pop Warner tackle, which would have won the game for them; for all intents and purposes, he catapulted the receiver into the end zone. And that was with the redshirt freshman quarterback in the game after both fifth-year seniors bombed out. Incidentally, UOP's fourth string quarterback that year was current Dallas Cowboys Special Teams Coordinator John "Bones" Fassel, and the fifth-stringer was former 49er draft pick Gio Carmazzi. Fassel transferred to BBQ and Carmazzi to Hofstra after UOP dropped the program that year. I, of course, was the sixth-string QB, redshirting that year. Our QBs Coach was current UTEP OC Mike Canales. Yes, they were just being nice to a local veteran; I had no business trying to play D-I ball....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.