Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

States going forward with Fall high school football

Post by Pwns »

https://blogs.columbian.com/high-school ... e-country/

Green States = Going forward with football season as scheduled (12)
Yellow States = Delayed Season, but having fall football (23)
Red States = Delayed until at least 2021 (15)

So why is this in the "Other College Sports" board?

Because the high school sports organizations of 35 states have decided they can go forward with football in the fall, but not major FBS conferences like the Big Ten (whose season was cancelled under some really suspicious and opaque way that more than 1 B1G AD has commented on). :nod:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: States going forward with Fall high school football

Post by GannonFan »

Pwns wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:26 am https://blogs.columbian.com/high-school ... e-country/

Because the high school sports organizations of 35 states have decided they can go forward with football in the fall, but not major FBS conferences like the Big Ten (whose season was cancelled under some really suspicious and opaque way that more than 1 B1G AD has commented on). :nod:
Like everything else, even this has gotten political. I know even in a state (PA) where they are going to play football, the enclaves that are more Democratic leaning (Philly) aren't going to play while the rest of the state does.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

One game in ND (Century vs. Legacy) will probably be on ESPNU.
BISMARCK, N.D. (KFYR) - The Century Patriots and Legacy Sabers will open the High School Football season on national television.

The game will be played Saturday, Aug. 29 at 8 p.m. CT at the Bismarck Community Bowl.

Century Athletic Director Ben Lervick confirmed the national TV coverage but he was not allowed to say what network.

Our best guess is that ESPN will be in Bismarck for the Patriots vs. Sabers with the possibility of ESPNU airing the contest.
https://www.kfyrtv.com/2020/08/19/centu ... tional-tv/
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Dallas Independent School District has pushed in-person classes out to October...and has banned all athletic and after school activities until in-person classes start...

That means the second-largest school district in the state will not have football until then...and that means practice can’t start until October...

Football players and their parents protested outside the IDS headquarters today...

Dallas County reported 98 new cases today...the first time under 100 since April...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Pennsylvania bypassed the Governor and has given the green light to all fall sports. Up to the individual school districts if they want to play or not. Some notables aren't playing (both Philly Public and Catholic League's are not - Catholic powers LaSalle and St Joe's Prep are officially outside of the archdiocese purvey and are deciding on their own). Handful of schools aren't going to play, most seem like they will at this point.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

First FB games tomorrow night. Iowa is also doing VB and CC. Iowa played HS BB and SB this past summer with very few problems so hopefully fall sports can do the same. Many schools are limiting attendance to try and keep social distancing in the bleachers.

Unfortunately it's getting political. Schools are starting back up. Some last week, most this week, and some next week. Des Moines and Iowa City wanted to go all virtual for school and are in a pissing match with the state department of education about it. Then the state athletic associations came out and said no in person school no sports.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Some still think it’s the flu. Others think we’ve crested and are done with it.

Meanwhile...outbreaks at many universities and in athletic programs.

Group activities where social distancing cannot be contained only prolong things.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:22 am Some still think it’s the flu. Others think we’ve crested and are done with it.

Group activities where social distancing cannot be contained only prolong things.
No vaccine is what prolongs things. There is no end to this until a widely available, mostly effective vaccine is in place. Even when everyone is following the rules and when new cases are low there will still be these restrictions in place.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:22 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:22 am Some still think it’s the flu. Others think we’ve crested and are done with it.

No vaccine is what prolongs things. There is no end to this until a widely available, mostly effective vaccine is in place. Even when everyone is following the rules and when new cases are low there will still be these restrictions in place.
Not in ‘Murica! We’re done testing asymptomatic people now that it’s behind us. :suspicious:

And your point relies upon IF and WHEN a vaccine works and is used by enough people.

Quick, reliable, affordable testing along with continued improvements in care and more manageable case numbers will eventually see some normalcy return....I hope.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:59 pm

Not in ‘Murica! We’re done testing asymptomatic people now that it’s behind us. :suspicious:

And your point relies upon IF and WHEN a vaccine works and is used by enough people.

Quick, reliable, affordable testing along with continued improvements in care and more manageable case numbers will eventually see some normalcy return....I hope.
The testing would need to be almost instant for normalcy to return. That makes the miracle vaccine the more realistic target right now. :coffee:
Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

Southern Cal has 9 positive covid testa. Good thing the strain of covid of you get from team workouts is not as bad as the one you get from prepping for football season.
Celebrate Diversity.*
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:21 am One game in ND (Century vs. Legacy) will probably be on ESPNU.
BISMARCK, N.D. (KFYR) - The Century Patriots and Legacy Sabers will open the High School Football season on national television.

The game will be played Saturday, Aug. 29 at 8 p.m. CT at the Bismarck Community Bowl.

Century Athletic Director Ben Lervick confirmed the national TV coverage but he was not allowed to say what network.

Our best guess is that ESPN will be in Bismarck for the Patriots vs. Sabers with the possibility of ESPNU airing the contest.
https://www.kfyrtv.com/2020/08/19/centu ... tional-tv/
The game will be tomorrow at 8:00pm CDT on ESPN 2 if anybody is interested.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Saw some pretty good HS football on ESPN yesterday before UCA beat Austin Peay in the NCAA opener.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

Notre Dame with a conference logo on their field. Something I didn't think I'd ever see even if it's just for a season.

Celebrate Diversity.*
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

Over 1,000 high school football games already played, zero reports of community COVID spread

https://footballscoop.com/news/over-100 ... id-spread/
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

So here in Baltimore, high school sports were shut down, about a week later Gov. Hogan announced school were allowed to re-open and that the State was moving to phase three re-opening(although he left it up to the counties themselves.
The MIAA and IAAM, the largest private conferences in Metro Baltimore, caved late to pressure to shut down. Now, no word from them for a week.
My daughters HS plays in the IAAM-A conference, field hockey and soccer teams both have formed leagues within rec sports programs. No masks, full referee crews. WTF It's all just schools not wanting to get sued financially. ZERO to do with health or safety.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

andy7171 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:56 am So here in Baltimore, high school sports were shut down, about a week later Gov. Hogan announced school were allowed to re-open and that the State was moving to phase three re-opening(although he left it up to the counties themselves.
The MIAA and IAAM, the largest private conferences in Metro Baltimore, caved late to pressure to shut down. Now, no word from them for a week.
My daughters HS plays in the IAAM-A conference, field hockey and soccer teams both have formed leagues within rec sports programs. No masks, full referee crews. WTF It's all just schools not wanting to get sued financially. ZERO to do with health or safety.
I think it's even more about unions pushing it for various political reasons.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Pick a state. No, literally, pick ANY state and look at their case and deaths graph. I challenge you to find a SINGLE state where this thing hasn’t basically run its course....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:02 pm

Pick a state. No, literally, pick ANY state and look at their case and deaths graph. I challenge you to find a SINGLE state where this thing hasn’t basically run its course....
:|

Well the R(e) for the entire country went back up last week after dropping the previous. 31 states saw an in crease in disease growth rate. Which of those would you like me to choose?

Haven’t seen this week’s numbers, perhaps they’re down?
They’re called rollercoasters for a reason.

Not to mention increases in Europe after it had “run its course”.

1 person was able to infect the entire globe within a couple of months.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Pwns wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:26 am https://blogs.columbian.com/high-school ... e-country/

You can add NEW JERSEY to the list of states that are playing high school football.