All other college sports!
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Transgender Wins Big Sky Female Athlete of Week Award

Post by CAA Flagship »

Big Sky Conference names male runner ‘female athlete of the week,’ leaves out he’s transgender
Even men who identify as women typically acknowledge that they are “transgender women,” clarifying that they were not born women.

The Big Sky Conference didn’t even go that far when it honored a transgender woman as its “Female Athlete of the Week” in cross country. The student’s university was even more circumspect, simply identifying the transgender woman as “Athlete of the Week.”

June Eastwood, formerly known as Jonathan, “finished second in a field of 204 runners at the Santa Clara Bronco Invitational” and helped the University of Montana finish seventh as a team, the conference said in a press release. Both pages for “June” and “Jonathan” remain live on a University of Montana Athletics website (source of collage, above).
Question: If you make the jump over to the other side, do you get a full scholarship?
css75
Level3
Level3

Re: Transgender Wins Big Sky Female Athlete of Week Award

Post by css75 »

They could get 2, one for each gender.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

css75 wrote:They could get 2, one for each gender.

Dammn shame that he is getting over like a fat rat on real women!!!!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

I think men should win all the women's athletic awards. Maybe that would shut up the folks that think gender is fluid. :lol:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

89Hen wrote:I think men should win all the women's athletic awards. Maybe that would shut up the folks that think gender is fluid. :lol:
The patriarchy is destroying women's sports, and the progressive left is cheering from the sidelines. :lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Baldy wrote:
89Hen wrote:I think men should win all the women's athletic awards. Maybe that would shut up the folks that think gender is fluid. :lol:
The patriarchy is destroying women's sports, and the progressive left is cheering from the sidelines. :lol:
Well they are definitely torn. Do I root for the transgender that's kicking all the girls' asses? So confusing....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote:
Just when women’s sports is making inroads, they get crushed by the male body.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:
Baldy wrote: The patriarchy is destroying women's sports, and the progressive left is cheering from the sidelines. :lol:
Just when women’s sports is making inroads, they get crushed by the liberals.
FYP
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote:
Just when women’s sports is making inroads, they get crushed by the liberals.
FYP
Interesting thought. On the one hand, having women's only sports itself is illiberal.

So is allowing girls to compete in boys HS sports when there's no girls team (like when Shelly Triplett, Kirk's little sister, beat me playing #2 for the Pullman High boys golf team :lol: ) but not allowing boys to compete in sports like girls volleyball.

Is recognizing differences between the sexes liberal?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:Is recognizing differences between the sexes liberal?
Quite the opposite IMO.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote:Is recognizing differences between the sexes liberal?
Quite the opposite IMO.
Well then, there's a whole shit ton of people I know, both men and women who are mislabeled as "liberal".
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:
89Hen wrote: Quite the opposite IMO.
Well then, there's a whole shit ton of people I know, both men and women who are mislabeled as "liberal".
How much is a shit ton? IMO it's a liberal position to blur the lines of gender which has created this situation of men winning female contests. You honestly disagree with that?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote:
How much is a shit ton? IMO it's a liberal position to blur the lines of gender which has created this situation of men winning female contests. You honestly disagree with that?
I think it's a left position but not a liberal one. Most people I know (men and women, liberal and conservative) recognize the differences and are comfortable with that.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:
89Hen wrote: How much is a shit ton? IMO it's a liberal position to blur the lines of gender which has created this situation of men winning female contests. You honestly disagree with that?
I think it's a left position but not a liberal one. Most people I know (men and women, liberal and conservative) recognize the differences and are comfortable with that.
Most people that I know also recognize the differences and are comfortable with that. But who are all the people who want to blur the lines? They aint "right" or "conservative".
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote:
Most people that I know also recognize the differences and are comfortable with that. But who are all the people who want to blur the lines? They aint "right" or "conservative".
As Kalm says it's a left position. The irony is that these same people decry the right for denying the science of climate change but they deny the science of biology.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote:
89Hen wrote: Most people that I know also recognize the differences and are comfortable with that. But who are all the people who want to blur the lines? They aint "right" or "conservative".
As Kalm says it's a left position. The irony is that these same people decry the right for denying the science of climate change but they deny the science of biology.
Yep. In other words, the left ain't always liberal.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
Yep. In other words, the left ain't always liberal.
But they do like to split hairs. :coffee:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote:
Baldy wrote: The patriarchy is destroying women's sports, and the progressive left is cheering from the sidelines. :lol:
Just when women’s sports is making inroads, they get crushed by the male body.
It's going to be really interesting when a couple of transgenders take away spots off the USWNT or if the USWNT gets run off the field by another team with a transgender or two on the roster. :nod:
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

The day a person who was born female plays in the NFL or NBA is the day I say biological/birth sex doesn't matter in sports.

But it's always biological men identifying as women who dominate women's sports, not the other way around. Curious. :coffee:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Pwns wrote:The day a person who was born female plays in the NFL or NBA is the day I say biological/birth sex doesn't matter in sports.

But it's always biological men identifying as women who dominate women's sports, not the other way around. Curious. :coffee:
That will happen. Nancy Lieberman nearly played in the NBA. But it won't happen because they are better than their competitors. It will happen because they are adequate and the publicity would draw in the portion of America that don't pay much attention to sports.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

We’ve got whole boatloads of absurdity to wade through before this sh1t gets better

We’re approaching 1968 all over again. I just want to make it to 1980....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

CID1990 wrote:We’ve got whole boatloads of absurdity to wade through before this sh1t gets better

We’re approaching 1968 all over again. I just want to make it to 1980....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good comparison, except this year is 1968 on steroids, Not ad many protests here yet, but a whole lot more craziness.

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Pwns wrote:The day a person who was born female plays in the NFL or NBA is the day I say biological/birth sex doesn't matter in sports.

We're likely going to have a female player in the NFL next season....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

CAA Flagship wrote:Big Sky Conference names male runner ‘female athlete of the week,’ leaves out he’s transgender
Even men who identify as women typically acknowledge that they are “transgender women,” clarifying that they were not born women.

The Big Sky Conference didn’t even go that far when it honored a transgender woman as its “Female Athlete of the Week” in cross country. The student’s university was even more circumspect, simply identifying the transgender woman as “Athlete of the Week.”

June Eastwood, formerly known as Jonathan, “finished second in a field of 204 runners at the Santa Clara Bronco Invitational” and helped the University of Montana finish seventh as a team, the conference said in a press release. Both pages for “June” and “Jonathan” remain live on a University of Montana Athletics website (source of collage, above).
Question: If you make the jump over to the other side, do you get a full scholarship?
Does the fact that he finished second mean a real biological female beat him?
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came