Political discussions
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

The world doesn't love Barack

Post by HI54UNI »

I thought the world loved us now that Barry is our president. :roll: Apparently the IOC isn't like American idol.

Rio, Madrid still in race for 2016 Olympics

The race for the 2016 Olympics has come down to just Rio de Janeiro and Madrid, with the International Olympic Committee eliminating Chicago in a stunning first round of voting. Tokyo was knocked out in the second round.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091002/ap_ ... y2016_bids
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
TwinTownBisonFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: NDSU

Re: The world doesn't love Barack

Post by TwinTownBisonFan »

watching conks rub one out over this is just hilarious... it's the olympics... that they are going to Rio isn't exactly the "proof of failure" on a scale of say losing an American city to a hurricane... or entering in to a decade-long quagmire with a country who didn't attack you... but hey... any port in a storm, right fellas? ;)

rio was the front runner after the last round of bidding for 2012 - and the heat has been on IOC for a South American games for a decade or more... no surprises.

*cracks knuckles* time to start work on the ol' Twin Cities 2020 plan again... :mrgreen: (yes really... i'm with a group of people who want to make it happen)
North Dakota State University Bison 2011 and 2012 National Champions

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

No way a state of liberal losers will get the Olympics.

You keep that gigantic head up.

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

TwinTownBisonFan wrote:watching conks rub one out over this is just hilarious... it's the olympics... that they are going to Rio isn't exactly the "proof of failure" on a scale of say losing an American city to a hurricane... or entering in to a decade-long quagmire with a country who didn't attack you... but hey... any port in a storm, right fellas? ;)

rio was the front runner after the last round of bidding for 2012 - and the heat has been on IOC for a South American games for a decade or more... no surprises.

*cracks knuckles* time to start work on the ol' Twin Cities 2020 plan again... :mrgreen: (yes really... i'm with a group of people who want to make it happen)
And watching donks indignantly defend his actions is even MORE hilarious. Glad we all got a good laugh over it. Hope he didn't "burn too much political capital" on this shithole of an idea... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
native
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Weber State

Post by native »

TwinTownBisonFan wrote:watching conks rub one out over this is just hilarious... it's the olympics... that they are going to Rio isn't exactly the "proof of failure" on a scale of say losing an American city to a hurricane... or entering in to a decade-long quagmire with a country who didn't attack you... but hey... any port in a storm, right fellas? ;)

By your own logic, then, TTBF, why was it so important for Barry to take time away from throwing away the war in Afghanistan and losing the healthcare debate to personally pitch Chicago to the IOC?

And how did he and his team of political geniuses miscalculate the outcome so badly? BO is not willing to risk endorsing a Democrat candidate for mayor of NYC, but doesn't mind making a fool of himself for Chicago?

You can't have it both ways.
Last edited by native on Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Prince of Purple Pomposity
YT is not a communist. He's just a ...young pup.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

...and the Donks would have rubbed one out praising Obama if Chicago won. :coffee:
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

TwinTownBisonFan wrote:*cracks knuckles* time to start work on the ol' Twin Cities 2020 plan again... :mrgreen: (yes really... i'm with a group of people who want to make it happen)
Do you have 2 weeks of summer in Minnesota? Just asking.
TwinTownBisonFan
Supporter
Supporter

native wrote:

By your logic, then, TTBF, why was it so important for Barry to take the time to personally pitch Chicago to the IOC? And how did he and his team of politicalgeniuses miscalculate the outcome so badly?

He's not willing to risk endorsing a Democrat candidate for mayor of NYC, but doesn't mind making a fool of himself for Chicago?

your country is a finalist for the olympics - you go, you make the pitch... this isn't exactly extraordinary... i guess i missed where 5 hours in europe to try and make this happen was really that big of a deal (it's not like he spent august at the crawford ranch or anything)

as for nyc - apples to oranges... one is representing your country on the global stage while bidding for the premier athletic event of them all... the other is a political endorsement of a long-shot mayoral candidate when you need to maintain a positive a relationship with the sure-to-be-elected mayor of your nations largest city.

citdog
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: THE Citadel
A.K.A.: Pres.Jefferson Davis

Post by citdog »

TwinTownBisonFan wrote:
native wrote:
By your logic, then, TTBF, why was it so important for Barry to take the time to personally pitch Chicago to the IOC? And how did he and his team of politicalgeniuses miscalculate the outcome so badly?

He's not willing to risk endorsing a Democrat candidate for mayor of NYC, but doesn't mind making a fool of himself for Chicago?

your country is a finalist for the olympics - you go, you make the pitch... this isn't exactly extraordinary... i guess i missed where 5 hours in europe to try and make this happen was really that big of a deal (it's not like he spent august at the crawford ranch or anything)

as for nyc - apples to oranges... one is representing your country on the global stage while bidding for the premier athletic event of them all... the other is a political endorsement of a long-shot mayoral candidate when you need to maintain a positive a relationship with the sure-to-be-elected mayor of your nations largest city.
for once i agree with the cs.com resident felcher travis. the man is a coward
"Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language"
"Save in defense of my native State I hope to never again draw my sword"
Genl Robert E. Lee
Confederate States of America
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

TwinTownBisonFan wrote:
native wrote:

Crank up the ol' "Spin" machine, TT! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Mostly myself.
A.K.A.: LabiaInTheSunlight

Post by Cap'n Cat »

HI54UNI wrote:I thought the world loved us now that Barry is our president. :roll: Apparently the IOC isn't like American idol.

Rio, Madrid still in race for 2016 Olympics

The race for the 2016 Olympics has come down to just Rio de Janeiro and Madrid, with the International Olympic Committee eliminating Chicago in a stunning first round of voting. Tokyo was knocked out in the second round.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091002/ap_ ... y2016_bids

Thanks, Dubya, Cheney!!!
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
TwinTownBisonFan
Supporter
Supporter

AZGrizFan wrote:
TwinTownBisonFan wrote:

you want spin?? the cap just posted a thread with "spin" on the subject... this, this is an explaination

Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Mostly myself.
A.K.A.: LabiaInTheSunlight

Post by Cap'n Cat »

TwinTownBisonFan wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
you want spin?? the cap just posted a thread with "spin" on the subject... this, this is an explaination

Now is the time for liberal solidarity, TT, not castigation.
:geek:
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Your boy failed, plain and simple.

Lets hope that this a long line of failures for the Hussein Obamas.

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe