Political discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Deserves its own thread

Post by kalm »

Senior NPR business editor Uri Berliner admitted in an explosive op-ed published Tuesday that the public radio station’s RussiaGate reporting was a bust, and that it did not fess up to that after no “Russian collusion” was found between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Furthermore, Berliner admitted that then-California Senate candidate Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) became the news outlet’s “guiding hand” in this fruitless endeavor, and expressed regret in hitching its wagon to him. Schiff was the main pusher of the Russia collusion hoax in Congress and had repeatedly insisted there was “circumstantial evidence” of collusion.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Re: Deserves its own thread

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm Senior NPR business editor Uri Berliner admitted in an explosive op-ed published Tuesday that the public radio station’s RussiaGate reporting was a bust, and that it did not fess up to that after no “Russian collusion” was found between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Furthermore, Berliner admitted that then-California Senate candidate Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) became the news outlet’s “guiding hand” in this fruitless endeavor, and expressed regret in hitching its wagon to him. Schiff was the main pusher of the Russia collusion hoax in Congress and had repeatedly insisted there was “circumstantial evidence” of collusion.
So let’s see
half the country knew Russian influence on the 2016 was a big nothing burger, but had to watch hysterical CNN run with it for five years…. Breaking Wind on CNN … total bullshit

On the other hand, Hunters laptop was immediately dismissed as a Russian op and our Fourth estate considered it a non story …. 51 Intel analyst agreed Haha

Obviously the swamp was and still is terrified of Trump and it’s all because they think he will change the Crooked culture of how our government works
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm Senior NPR business editor Uri Berliner admitted in an explosive op-ed published Tuesday that the public radio station’s RussiaGate reporting was a bust, and that it did not fess up to that after no “Russian collusion” was found between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Probably does deserve its own thread. The stuff he was shedding a light on have been talked about here before. The silo effect of a news reporting, and the churn of the same stuff over and over again, has had a significant impact on a news outlet like NPR. No one would've confused them with FOX a decade ago, sure, they slanted left then, but not in any real partisan-drive way. You listen to NPR today and they've even coached up the interviewers now to interject frequently into interviews with "that's right" and other, seemingly innocuous bits but enough to sway whether the person being interviewed should be listened to or not. I still listen to NPR a lot, but it's turned into other news outlets where you need to really filter out the bias and that's a shame.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:22 am

Probably does deserve its own thread. The stuff he was shedding a light on have been talked about here before. The silo effect of a news reporting, and the churn of the same stuff over and over again, has had a significant impact on a news outlet like NPR. No one would've confused them with FOX a decade ago, sure, they slanted left then, but not in any real partisan-drive way. You listen to NPR today and they've even coached up the interviewers now to interject frequently into interviews with "that's right" and other, seemingly innocuous bits but enough to sway whether the person being interviewed should be listened to or not. I still listen to NPR a lot, but it's turned into other news outlets where you need to really filter out the bias and that's a shame.
Sure.

The point of this thread was the same story was posted about 4 separate times (3 by CH and one by BDK) in 3 different threads. CH denied this. ‘88 delivered the receipts.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:53 am
GannonFan wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:22 am

Sure.

The point of this thread was the same story was posted about 4 separate times (3 by CH and one by BDK) in 3 different threads. CH denied this. ‘88 delivered the receipts.
No doubt. CH is far from the most organized poster.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:58 am

So let’s see
half the country knew Russian influence on the 2016 was a big nothing burger, but had to watch hysterical CNN run with it for five years…. Breaking Wind on CNN … total bullshit

On the other hand, Hunters laptop was immediately dismissed as a Russian op and our Fourth estate considered it a non story …. 51 Intel analyst agreed Haha

Obviously the swamp was and still is terrified of Trump and it’s all because they think he will replace the Crooked culture of how our government works
FYP

Let's take it from the top ...

As I've posted before, there was smoke around communication between the trump campaign and russia. There wasn't enough evidence to prove it was collusion, probably because it didn't rise to that level. The first impeachment was baloney and arguably a coup attempt. The really sad thing about the first impeachment is that it poisoned the well for the second impeachment which was completely deserved and trump should have been convicted by the Senate.

The misinformation and suppression of hunter's laptop was also baloney. Voters should have known the truth about it just like voters should know if trump is found guilty of any of the charges against him before voting.

The swamp is terrified of trump. Not because they think he's going to clean up the corruption but because they know he's going to try and replace it with his own.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:45 am

So let’s see

Obviously the swamp was and still is terrified of Trump and it’s all because they think he will replace the Crooked culture of how our government works
FYP

As I've posted before, there was smoke around communication between the trump campaign and russia. There wasn't enough evidence to prove it was collusion, probably because it didn't rise to that level. The first impeachment was baloney and arguably a coup attempt. The really sad thing about the first impeachment is that it poisoned the well for the second impeachment which was completely deserved and trump should have been convicted by the Senate.

The misinformation and suppression of hunter's laptop was also baloney. Voters should have known the truth about it just like voters should know if trump is found guilty of any of the charges against him before voting.

The swamp is terrified of trump. Not because they think he's going to clean up the corruption but because they know he's going to try and replace it with his own.
This is pretty accurate until it goes off the rails in the home stretch …. How is Donald going to replace the entire swamp with a swamp of his own?

The swamp gives Joey Idol a thumbs up because he was born into the swamp and knows nothing else but the swamp

Let there be no doubt that the swamp will swallow Donald up again if he’s actually elected, which I doubt.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:10 am
FYP

This is pretty accurate until it goes off the rails in the home stretch …. How is Donald going to replace the entire swamp with a swamp of his own?

The swamp gives Joey Idol a thumbs up because he was born into the swamp and knows nothing else but the swamp

Let there be no doubt that the swamp will swallow Donald up again if he’s actually elected, which I doubt.
Don't be obtuse. Obviously trump isn't going to replace the entire swamp. He's going to replace key people and he's going to attempt to remove and replace thousands of federal civil service workers. It's called Project 2025.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:10 am

Don't be obtuse. Obviously trump isn't going to replace the entire swamp. He's going to replace key people and he's going to attempt to remove and replace thousands of federal civil service workers. It's called Project 2025.
Well I hope you don’t believe there’s not a lot of senior fat cat military guys that spend most of the day planning and writing their “retirement job” description …

Some government fat could be trimmed
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:25 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 pm
Well I hope you don’t believe there’s not a lot of senior fat cat military guys that spend most of the day planning and writing their “retirement job” description …

Absolutely but asking trump and MAQA yahoo faux conservatives to choose which fat gets trimmed is liking asking the fox to clean up the hen house.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:26 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:25 pm

Absolutely but asking trump and MAQA yahoo faux conservatives to choose which fat gets trimmed is liking asking the fox to clean up the hen house.
What do you mean… they assume 90% of federal employees are lefties?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:31 pm

Probably not too far off. Excluding the military and gun carrying law enforcement, the Biden/Trump vote would probably be in the 80-20 or 75-25 ballpark among the rest of the fed workforce.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

You thinking it's ok to remove or replace them simply because they're lefties is no better than some liberal thinking it's ok to defund the police.

Hiring and retention should be based on knowledge, skills, experience, competence and job performance not ideology.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Speak out against the left wing orthodoxy, and this ia what happens.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:Speak out against the left wing orthodoxy, and this ia what happens.
Rumor has it they reached out to deconkis for advice on how to respond when someone speaks out against “orthodoxy”.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

So let’s see

Obviously the swamp was and still is terrified of Trump and it’s all because they think he will change the Crooked culture of how our government works
Nonsense - there was a huge press conference about the laptop in the equipment yard of a NY landscaping service. :coffee:

Wasn't there supposed to be some evidence of nefarious goings on that were going to be exposed by the laptop? How did that work out, CH? I haven't been keeping up on that one, can you bring us up to speed?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:18 am
kalm wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:53 am

Sure.

No doubt. CH is far from the most organized poster.
I’ll take that!!

“In fact, some of the world's best thinkers have had famously messy desks (think: Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison, and Steve Jobs). Disorganized people are often more focused on the big picture rather than small details, so they can be very creative thinkers who bring a fresh perspective to the workplace.”
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Last edited by kalm on Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

So let’s see

FYP

I disagree with your assumption that had the first impeachment attempt not happened the Senate would have convicted him in the second attempt. No way that Senate was going to convict Donald Trump of anything anytime.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

kalm wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:19 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:11 am

I’ll take that!!

“In fact, some of the world's best thinkers have had famously messy desks (think: Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison, and Steve Jobs). Disorganized people are often more focused on the big picture rather than small details, so they can be very creative thinkers who bring a fresh perspective to the workplace.”
All of those very likely had ADHD too.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:05 pm Speak out against the left wing orthodoxy, and this ia what happens.
He resigned (ie was forced out).. Clearly there is no straying allowed at NPR from the left wing orthodoxy, even if you are yourself a self described progressive..
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/npr-w ... r-BB1lN86Y
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:52 pm

You thinking it's ok to remove or replace them simply because they're lefties is no better than some liberal thinking it's ok to defund the police.

Hiring and retention should be based on knowledge, skills, experience, competence and job performance not ideology.
Oh goodness, you’re so infected. You don’t even know how to read.

I was simply asking a question

The second paragraph is right on the money, unfortunately that’s not the way it happens. Once hired, competence and job performance mean almost nothing.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:19 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:05 pm Speak out against the left wing orthodoxy, and this ia what happens.
He resigned (ie was forced out).. Clearly there is no straying allowed at NPR from the left wing orthodoxy, even if you are yourself a self described progressive..
How many times have you and other MAQA yahoos called a Republican that didn't support trump a RINO?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:12 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:19 pm
How many times have you and other MAQA yahoos called a Republican that didn't support trump a RINO?
Typical ‘But Trump’ retort from you.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:23 am
kalm wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:19 am

All of those very likely had ADHD too.
Albert dominated his classmates so his views on education were obviously distorted…

https://www.tsowell.com/speducat.html

For those who are interested in schools that produce academic success for minority students, there is no lack of examples., past and present. Tragically, there is a lack of interest by the public school establishment in such examples. Again, I think this goes back to the politics of education.
Put bluntly, failure attracts more money than success. Politically, failure becomes a reason to demand more money, smaller classes, and more trendy courses and programs, ranging from "black English" to bilingualism and "self-esteem." Politicians who want to look compassionate and concerned know that voting money for such projects accomplishes that purpose for them and voting against such programs risks charges of mean-spiritedness, if not implications of racism.