I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Global fascism

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:20 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:26 pm
Hamas would if they could..

‘From the river to the sea’..
You do know Netanayu also used that phrase last week.
Nobody can piss away goodwill like that bloodthirsty little fuck.

Very impressed with the family members of the hostages crashing the government meeting - from the film it looked they heading for fist city.

I hope they shove a two-state solution down his throat and make him eat it all
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:37 am
kalm wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:20 pm

You do know Netanayu also used that phrase last week.

Very impressed with the family members of the hostages crashing the government meeting - from the film it looked they heading for fist city.

Do you really think two states will be a "solution"?

There will be Palestinians who will think it isn't enough and continue to use terrorist tactics. The question is will the Palestinian government hunt them or hide them? Two states may work if they hunt them. If they don't, Israel will retaliate and we won't be far from where we started.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:05 am

There will be Palestinians who will think it isn't enough and continue to use terrorist tactics. The question is will the Palestinian government hunt them or hide them? Two states may work if they hunt them. If they don't, Israel will retaliate and we won't be far from where we started.
I think we have to keep trying, even with the knowledge that many if not most Palestinians won't be satisfied until Israel is erased from existence. As soon as Israel moved out of Gaza 20 years ago or so, the first thing Palestinians did in a free election was to vote in a terrorist regime in Hamas who's singular goal was the destruction of Israel. The problem will continue to be, even in a new state, that way too many Palestinians will be unsatisfied with whatever state they have while Israel exists. But, I'd rather err on the side of trying to do the right thing than just giving up.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

No. I don't think there is any solution actually. Too much bloodshed for far too long for these groups to ever bury the hatchet in today's world.

Turmoil in the region doesn't serve our interests so we have to try something, just to say we're trying I guess
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:41 am

I think we have to keep trying, even with the knowledge that many if not most Palestinians won't be satisfied until Israel is erased from existence. As soon as Israel moved out of Gaza 20 years ago or so, the first thing Palestinians did in a free election was to vote in a terrorist regime in Hamas who's singular goal was the destruction of Israel. The problem will continue to be, even in a new state, that way too many Palestinians will be unsatisfied with whatever state they have while Israel exists. But, I'd rather err on the side of trying to do the right thing than just giving up.
you'd feel the same way if it were your family who lost their land to settlers who showed up uninvited :coffee:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:40 am

you'd feel the same way if it were your family who lost their land to settlers who showed up uninvited :coffee:
I’m sure you’re offering to give your property back to the Apache
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

I'm sure I might. Also, there were plenty of Jews who lived in that section of the world prior to the creation of the state of Israel, and even well before the creation of the Zionist movement. Also, there are many Jews who now live in Israel who were forced out of their countries in the surrounding area (i.e. not Europe) by Muslim nations. If it was as simple as you say then we wouldn't be in this situation now.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:48 am

As long as the Apache promise to give the land back then to whoever was there before they were. :coffee:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:50 am

As long as the Apache promise to give the land back then to whoever was there before they were. :coffee:
Who were they?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Houndy is so old he moved from California to Illinois back when Cahokia was the center of civilization in what is now the USA. He traded for his property directly with the Mississippians. ;)
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

red herring, irrelevant

The Apache were 1500 miles from here. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

I'm sure I might. Also, there were plenty of Jews who lived in that section of the world prior to the creation of the state of Israel, and even well before the creation of the Zionist movement. Also, there are many Jews who now live in Israel who were forced out of their countries in the surrounding area (i.e. not Europe) by Muslim nations. If it was as simple as you say then we wouldn't be in this situation now.
Well, yes, that's, kind of, you know...common knowledge? :?

I think the problem has more to do with who else was there prior to the creation of the State of Israel - the people who lost their land when the settlers came to the State of Israel.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:08 am

Houndy is so old he moved from California to Illinois back when Cahokia was the center of civilization in what is now the USA. He traded for his property directly with the Mississippians. ;)
Traded a bow saw and some beaver pelts for it, just a couple hours south of the mounds - although it took longer back in the day
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:29 am

I think the problem has more to do with who else was there prior to the creation of the State of Israel - the people who lost their land when the settlers came to the State of Israel.
Based on postings here and demonstrations by those who should know better, I'm not sure any of this is really common knowledge anymore. And again, there were plenty of problems that were present before the creation of the State of Israel, that was just another link in the chain if you will. Granted, a big link, but still just another step.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:47 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:29 am

Based on postings here and demonstrations by those who should know better, I'm not sure any of this is really common knowledge anymore. And again, there were plenty of problems that were present before the creation of the State of Israel, that was just another link in the chain if you will. Granted, a big link, but still just another step.
I can't think of a bigger one
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:58 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:47 am

Of course, because there isn't one. Doesn't change the fact that it's still a pretty long chain, going back to at least the 1880's, if not earlier.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:43 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:58 am

Of course, because there isn't one. Doesn't change the fact that it's still a pretty long chain, going back to at least the 1880's, if not earlier.
Which brings us full circle to my comment that there isn't a solution
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:02 pm
GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:43 pm

Which brings us full circle to my comment that there isn't a solution
We were in agreement with that - I posted that just prior to yours.