A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Tuberville and the Military

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:47 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:
You practice medicine where?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:notworthy:

I actually don't buy the line I used on you. It was one Hyundai StWrong used in the COVID thread. When I see Biden stumble over a wrinkle in the carpet or when he vacantly stares into space, I think of Hyundai. Earily similar.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:11 am
bobbythekidd wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:52 am

Military members have always been able to travel with their expenses paid for necessary medical treatment. This is always been the case and it will continue to be the case going forward.

This is the second time you have moved the goal posts in your favor. The dumbest member of the Senate is imposing Alabama's view of abortion on the rest of the country.

I see abortion as a medical procedure that is sometimes necessary. Both for the health of the mother, or the mental well-being of the mother. In cases of rape or incest, or a non-viable fetus, abortion is a necessary medical procedure.

This is where you and I part ways. I have posted where I believe an abortion can be required and I believe it to be a medical procedure that helps the mother.

You believe that it is murder and you have no compassion for victims of rape, incest, or non-viable pregnancies. You think you stand on a moral high ground. I think you have a moral failing to allow a mother to bear either death, or the stigma of a crime.

If you want to start yet another abortion is wrong thread feel free. That's not what this is about.
No. Not at all, but your argument that it's needed for extenuating circumstances is in the tiny minority. Abortion is used as "too late" contraception for the vast majority. You are committing the logical fallacy of appealing to extremes.

The news piece I read simply said Tuberville was denying appointments due to abortion. If there is a more comprehensive link you'd like to provide, I'd read it. Then we can talk more apples to apples.

I actually am fine with abortion in general, because it's here to stay, but prefer it be done as early as possible. When you get your ultrasound done at 13 weeks and they can tell you the sex of the baby, I'd say that is too late. The day after pill, as long as it's used the day after, seems like a great middle ground option. Better yet, before the fact contraception is cheap, if not free in the military.
Sounds like bullshit. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:47 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:
You practice medicine where?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where is his funny bone because mine is tingling
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SuperHornet wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:00 pm I apologize at the outset if there's another thread covering this. I looked at a few and even tried the search function, and found nothing.

For the first time in over 160 years, the Commandant of the Marine Corps has retired without a direct turnover of office, because the appointment has been held up by Tommy Tuberville. The same thing is about to happen to the Army, and is already affecting something like 260+ appointments on a varietyof levels. His rationale? Punishment over DoD policy allowing coverage of abortion trips across state lines.

I'm not sure how Tuberville has the individual power to hold up ANYTHING in the Senate. (Is he a committee chair or something?) This may sound wishy-washy, but here's my take on this whole mess:

1. As a Conservative, I wholeheartedly agree that subsidizing cross-state travel for abortion is wrong. If cross-state travel is illegal for pervs wanting underage action, it should be illegal for murder, too. Yes, abortion is murder.

2. As a veteran and a current member of the Defence establishment, I highly disagree with Tuberville's method of forcing this discussion. Some have brought up the idea that our national security is at stake, and I agree with them. The correct way to deal with this is to write a law about it, not by holding up high-level appointments. The problem, of course, is that while such a bill could get through the House as things currently stand, it's highly unlikely to make it through the Senate, and even if it did, the margins would preclude the obvious required veto override that will come about because Biden is horrible when it comes to values decisions of this nature.

Is that wishy-washy enough for you?

:mrgreen:

Looks like Tommy the Commie is backing down.....somebody grab that little twerp and twist his nose...
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky