UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Team Trump v/s Everyone

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:43 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:35 am
Thank you BDK for representing the right's continued attack on the integrity of our system of justice when things don't go your way.
Thank you for being naïve about politically charged trials, esp ones put on by a DOJ that has shown themselves to be crooked with anything remotely Trump related..
The trial was politically charged but was justice not served? What happened on January 6 was wrong and seditious. It deserved to be investigated and the perpetrators prosecuted.

The travesty isn't that some rightwing whackos were prosecuted for January 6 it's that not enough leftwing whackos were prosecuted for the AnTiFa riots.

I too am skeptical of the DoJ but unlike the whackos on the right (attempting to delegitimize the DoJ/FBI) and left (attempting to delegitimize local police) I think this is an opportunity to reform and improve our law enforcement so it can better serve and protect all Americans rather than because I disagree with who they choose to investigate and prosecute.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:18 am
Thank you for being naïve about politically charged trials, esp ones put on by a DOJ that has shown themselves to be crooked with anything remotely Trump related..
The trial was politically charged but was justice not served? What happened on January 6 was wrong and seditious. It deserved to be investigated and the perpetrators prosecuted.

The travesty isn't that some rightwing whackos were prosecuted for January 6 it's that not enough leftwing whackos were prosecuted for the AnTiFa riots.

I too am skeptical of the DoJ but unlike the whackos on the right (attempting to delegitimize the DoJ/FBI) and left (attempting to delegitimize local police) I think this is an opportunity to reform and improve our law enforcement so it can better serve and protect all Americans rather than because I disagree with who they choose to investigate and prosecute.
Agreed, hard not to see that laws were broken and that people needed to be held responsible. Biased juries or not, I don't see the problem with wrongdoers being punished. Remember, this wasn't even a close thing, it was on full display for all to see.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Sure this yahoo Rhodes deserved to get punished but giving him 18 years (he’d serve 16+ with the Feds minimum 85%, but he’ll be commuted or pardoned by the next conk POTUS) is complete overkill. There was zero % chance the govt was going to be overthrown. We came way closer to having a successful coup with the fake Trump/Russia collusion. Yet no-one has received any jail time for that. Even Clinesmith, who did far more with a pen to overthrow a duly elected POTUS than this yahoo Rhodes did, got nothing more than a slap on the wrist. + like you alluded to, none of the ANTIFA types who attacked feds & Fed buildings far more violently have gotten a fraction of the sentence, if any at all. This is why a large chunk of the country views the DOJ & FBI as politically biased and corrupt.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 12:41 pm

Sure this yahoo Rhodes deserved to get punished but giving him 18 years (he’d serve 16+ with the Feds minimum 85%, but he’ll be commuted or pardoned by the next conk POTUS) is complete overkill. There was zero % chance the govt was going to be overthrown. We came way closer to having a successful coup with the fake Trump/Russia collusion. Yet no-one has received any jail time for that. Even Clinesmith, who did far more with a pen to overthrow a duly elected POTUS than this yahoo Rhodes did, got nothing more than a slap on the wrist. + like you alluded to, none of the ANTIFA types who attacked feds & Fed buildings far more violently have gotten a fraction of the sentence, if any at all. This is why a large chunk of the country views the DOJ & FBI as politically biased and corrupt.
Read my old posts. I agree with you that:
  • The first impeachment was a sort of attempted coup.
  • They should have investigated and prosecuted AnTiFa seditionists with the same vigor they did January 6 seditionists.
  • The DoJ/FBI have demonstrated bias, damaged their credibility and need to be cleaned up / reformed. They still serve a vital purpose and should not be defunded anymore than local police should be defunded.
You know what law & order republicans used to say about criminals that received harsh sentences? "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time." Why did they change their tune? Why was it okay when African Americans or subversive leftists were getting harsh sentences but it's suddenly a problem now that subversive rightists like Rhodes are getting harsh sentences?

trump and the MAGAts aren't angry that justice has been weaponized, they're angry that it's been weaponized against them rather than their opponents. Given the opportunity they would eagerly and gleefully do to illiberals what is being done to them.

You might not see it but your and other MAGAts attitude toward the DoJ/FBI is very similar to the AnTiFa/BLM attitude toward local police. Just another example of the stark similarities between the extreme right and the extreme left.

Justice should be blind.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:35 am

Thank you BDK for representing the right's continued attack on the integrity of our system of justice when things don't go your way.

thanks for kissing traitor ass :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

bullshit :lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:27 pm
Read my old posts. I agree with you that:
  • The first impeachment was a sort of attempted coup.
  • They should have investigated and prosecuted AnTiFa seditionists with the same vigor they did January 6 seditionists.
  • The DoJ/FBI have demonstrated bias, damaged their credibility and need to be cleaned up / reformed. They still serve a vital purpose and should not be defunded anymore than local police should be defunded.
You know what law & order republicans used to say about criminals that received harsh sentences? "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time." Why did they change their tune? Why was it okay when African Americans or subversive leftists were getting harsh sentences but it's suddenly a problem now that subversive rightists like Rhodes are getting harsh sentences?

trump and the MAGAts aren't angry that justice has been weaponized, they're angry that it's been weaponized against them rather than their opponents. Given the opportunity they would eagerly and gleefully do to illiberals what is being done to them.

You might not see it but your and other MAGAts attitude toward the DoJ/FBI is very similar to the AnTiFa/BLM attitude toward local police. Just another example of the stark similarities between the extreme right and the extreme left.

Justice should be blind.
Phony ass MAGAts and their "Back the Blue" horseshit.

Still nobody talks about how the police were caught with their pants down like they never would have been if the crowd wasn't white right-wingers
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

Adding to Trump's cluttered calendar, a Wisconsin judge has set a Sept. 3, 2024 start date — just two months before Election Day — for the jury trial in the lawsuit seeking $2.4 million in damages from Wisconsin's fake Republicans electors.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

bobbythekidd wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:23 am Adding to Trump's cluttered calendar, a Wisconsin judge has set a Sept. 3, 2024 start date — just two months before Election Day — for the jury trial in the lawsuit seeking $2.4 million in damages from Wisconsin's fake Republicans electors.
What perfect timing. Amazing how the "wheels of justice" all seem to be on the same calendar! :lol:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:36 am
bobbythekidd wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:23 am Adding to Trump's cluttered calendar, a Wisconsin judge has set a Sept. 3, 2024 start date — just two months before Election Day — for the jury trial in the lawsuit seeking $2.4 million in damages from Wisconsin's fake Republicans electors.
What perfect timing. Amazing how the "wheels of justice" all seem to be on the same calendar! :lol:
Image\

Poor donald brought it on himself with his words and his actions.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:08 am

Image\

Like Russia collusion or Ukraine impeachment? Cool story bro.

The Donald brought it on because he's not part of the establishment and was more interested in America than global interests.

And what does your statement have to do with the fortuitous alignment of the Lawfare cases against him?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:11 am
Image\

The Donald brought it on because he's not part of the establishment and was more interested in America than global interests.

And what does your statement have to do with the fortuitous alignment of the Lawfare cases against him?
He's an entitled rich kid who thought his money and celebrity was a free-pass to do whatever he wanted. It wasn't and now all the dumb sh!t he's done has come back to bite him in the ass. He's more than 50% responsible for the reality of these lawsuits.

People throwing out conspiracy theories are trying to deflect attention from the reality that no matter what the timing is, he brought it on himself. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:39 am

He's an entitled rich kid who thought his money and celebrity was a free-pass to do whatever he wanted. It wasn't and now all the dumb sh!t he's done has come back to bite him in the ass. He's more than 50% responsible for the reality of these lawsuits.

People throwing out conspiracy theories are trying to deflect attention from the reality that no matter what the timing is, he brought it on himself. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
It's a conspiracy theory to point out the timing of all the lawsuits seems to coincide perfectly with election season? Kinda like how Trump took home nuclear secrets right before the last election and now we haven't heard a thing. They must've gotten a fix on all those leaks.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Image\

You're half-right in your usual stopped clock fashion - the real billlionaires won't let Jabba the Gut hang with them, but to think that Trump has any interests other than lining his pockets with public money takes the kind of make-Darrel-and-his-brother-Darrel-gulp-with-disbelief stupidity of somebody that could watch Russia invade their neighbor and proclaim to the world that its the neighbors fault. Oh,wait.....nevermind....carry on...
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:20 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:39 am

It's a conspiracy theory to point out the timing of all the lawsuits seems to coincide perfectly with election season? Kinda like how Trump took home nuclear secrets right before the last election and now we haven't heard a thing. They must've gotten a fix on all those leaks.
There will be plenty of delays - he's never been to a trial that he hadn't already postponed for years. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Image\

I think this pic was taking right after he met Putin in Helsinki :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Have you been on Mars all your life? A large chunk of the country has viewed FBI as politically biased and corrupt for as long as I can remember and longer. You're just butthurt because you sympathize with the traitors and would turn them loose to inflict even more mayhem if you could. :coffee:
Last edited by houndawg on Sun May 28, 2023 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:54 pm

You're half-right in your usual stopped clock fashion - the real billlionaires won't let Jabba the Gut hang with them, but to think that Trump has any interests other than lining his pockets with public money takes the kind of make-Darrel-and-his-brother-Darrel-gulp-with-disbelief stupidity of somebody that could watch Russia invade their neighbor and proclaim to the world that its the neighbors fault. Oh,wait.....nevermind....carry on...
:lol: I'll admit, laughed over that one. Was pretty good.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:01 pm
Have you been on Mars all your life? A large chunk of the country has viewed FBI as politically biased and corrupt for as long as I can remember and longer. You're just butthurt because you sympathize with the traitors and would turn them loose to inflict even more mayhem if you could. :coffee:
Blue lives matter.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:36 pm
houndawg wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:01 pm

Blue lives matter.
Some people just have to blame America first. :ohno:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

mundane actually, we're a nation of laws, right?

Where even a traitor deserves a speedy trial. :thumb:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:51 pm

It’s like so many of these occurred around the timing of the same event or something.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:08 pm
houndawg wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:51 pm

It’s like so many of these occurred around the timing of the same event or something.
Yeah, all these courts are perfectly synchronized. I don't know how I didn't see they all operate on the same takt time.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:11 pm
kalm wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:08 pm

Yeah, all these courts are perfectly synchronized. I don't know how I didn't see they all operate on the same takt time.
Well start with the Stormy Daniels case. It starts next March. The one posted here starts in the fall of 2024. E Jean Carroll already happened….etc.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:32 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:11 pm

Well start with the Stormy Daniels case. It starts next March. The one posted here starts in the fall of 2024. E Jean Carroll already happened….etc.
There you go again with the willful misconstruing. If you can't see all these have been set up to be one long non stop assault up until the election, then you haven't been paying attention. Both sides pull this, it's just currently the Dems turn right now.