Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Re: Team Trump v/s Everyone

Post by Caribbean Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:32 am
kalm wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:00 am

Trump’s numbers have peaked. He’s hardly campaigning other than tweets. There’s daily news of the increasing extent of the fake voter scheme.

Indies in those purple states decide elections. I don’t see how Trump will appeal to them except for the people who never read the news. But I’m not sure how many there are in that cohort.

I’d be surprised if it’s super tight.
Well, remember that Kennedy is going to make PA very troublesome for Biden. And while Trump has to contend with more court cases, that does keep him in the news and riles up his supporters. Biden's also likely to be in the news, but it's for times he slips up by being old, and he also has to contend with potentially bad news or the next few months - how do things in Ukraine go, how does the Israel/Hamas situation go, how does the border go, and maybe even more importantly, how does the economy go? The GDP numbers this morning weren't very good. Remember, real wages are still down overall versus when Biden took office - so people are basically make less today, in terms of buying power, than when he took office.

If Biden was running against anyone other than Trump he'd be screwed with the headwinds he's facing. Trump's abysmal appeal to anyone who isn't already a Trumper is what makes this race tight.
Just think if people actually had some foresight and some instinct and could’ve looked into Joey Rottens dull and lifeless lying empty eyes, the window to the soul, and seen the total disaster that was coming…. You would’ve been done with Trump in 8 months …. But no, too many liberal geniuses got in the way of what would’ve been a fresh start in 2025
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:11 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:32 am

Well, remember that Kennedy is going to make PA very troublesome for Biden. And while Trump has to contend with more court cases, that does keep him in the news and riles up his supporters. Biden's also likely to be in the news, but it's for times he slips up by being old, and he also has to contend with potentially bad news or the next few months - how do things in Ukraine go, how does the Israel/Hamas situation go, how does the border go, and maybe even more importantly, how does the economy go? The GDP numbers this morning weren't very good. Remember, real wages are still down overall versus when Biden took office - so people are basically make less today, in terms of buying power, than when he took office.

If Biden was running against anyone other than Trump he'd be screwed with the headwinds he's facing. Trump's abysmal appeal to anyone who isn't already a Trumper is what makes this race tight.
Just think if people actually had some foresight and some instinct and could’ve looked into Joey Rottens dull and lifeless lying empty eyes, the window to the soul, and seen the total disaster that was coming…. You would’ve been done with Trump in 8 months …. But no, too many liberal geniuses got in the way of what would’ve been a fresh start in 2025
The opposite is also true. If trump was running against anyone other than biden he'd be screwed with the headwinds he's facing.

To paraphrase ...
Just think if people actually had some foresight and some instinct and could’ve looked into donny rotten's dull and lifeless lying empty eyes, the window to the soul, and seen the total disaster that was coming…. You would’ve been done with biden in 8 months …. But no, too many MAQA geniuses got in the way of what would’ve been a fresh start in 2025.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:38 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:11 pm

The opposite is also true. If trump was running against anyone other than biden he'd be screwed with the headwinds he's facing.

To paraphrase ...
Just think if people actually had some foresight and some instinct and could’ve looked into donny rotten's dull and lifeless lying empty eyes, the window to the soul, and seen the total disaster that was coming…. You would’ve been done with biden in 8 months …. But no, too many MAQA geniuses got in the way of what would’ve been a fresh start in 2025.
You really do have poor instincts, Donny had his soul on full display in 2016, his opponent, and I won’t say her name because it’s not Halloween, was the evil one and that’s why she will never be president
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:28 pm

To paraphrase ...
You really do have poor instincts, Donny had his soul on full display in 2016, his opponent, and I won’t say her name because it’s not Halloween, was the evil one and that’s why she will never be president
If seeing through the con is poor instincts I'm glad I have poor instincts.

We've had evil vs evil in 2016, 2020 and it looks like we'll have it again in 2024.

Call me an optimist but I still have hope that MAQA yahoos will remove trump's tiny little schmeckle from their mouths and start paying attention.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:41 pm

We've had evil vs evil in 2016, 2020 and it looks like we'll have it again in 2024.

Call me an optimist but I still have hope that MAQA yahoos will remove trump's tiny little schmeckle from their mouths and start paying attention.
Donny’s off the court record might not be that good but when he was president, and judging him only by his presidency, he’s much better than Biden.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Paying attention and voting for who?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Donny’s off the court record might not be that good but when he was president, and judging him only by his presidency, he’s much better than Biden.
Judging him by his first 3 years? Sure (except for that fiscally irresponsible tax cut). But that 4th year was an absolute disaster and proved that he's an abysmal leader during a crisis. The President of the United States should minimally be competent enough to handle a crisis.

As leaders both trump and biden are piles of dog crap and you want to argue with me that one pile of dog crap smells better than the other rather than recognizing that they both stink.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:58 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Judging him by his first 3 years? Sure (except for that fiscally irresponsible tax cut). But that 4th year was an absolute disaster and proved that he's an abysmal leader during a crisis. The President of the United States should minimally be competent enough to handle a crisis.

As leaders both trump and biden are piles of dog crap and you want to argue with me that one pile of dog crap smells better than the other rather than recognizing that they both stink.
Yes, because you’re condemning Trump on Covid, a pandemic

Trump batting .750
Biden batting .000

Which one are you going to put in the game?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:45 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:58 am

Trump batting .750
Biden batting .000

I'm not holding him accountable for COVID, I'm holding him accountable for how he and his administration responded. It was with gross incompetence. His 4th year was negative and when combined with his acting like a petulant toddler and trying to steal the 2020 election after he lost it and then obstructing the return of documents brings his average down to or below .000.

Neither has earned or deserves my vote.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:12 am

Trump batting .750
Biden batting .000

I'm not holding him accountable for COVID, I'm holding him accountable for how he and his administration responded. It was with gross incompetence. His 4th year was negative and when combined with his acting like a petulant toddler and trying to steal the 2020 election after he lost it and then obstructing the return of documents brings his average down to or below .000.

And debt increases, divisiveness, etc etc etc.

All politicians suck and are undeserving including Biden. Trump is on a different level.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:03 am

All politicians suck and are undeserving including Biden. Trump is on a different level.
The candidates that the major parties are/have given us for the current and past 2 elections has been horrendous - trump, biden, and clinton.

They make Obama, Romney, McCain and Dubya look good.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Trump batting .750
Biden batting .000

You can always write in CH :lol:

I’m not sure if being born in a US territory actually would qualify one for being president… probably not and it would go to the Supreme Court because being born in Puerto Rico makes you a US citizens at birth
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:03 am

That’s true and thank you for finally admitting Trump is above Biden as a president
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 am

I’m not sure if being born in a US territory actually would qualify one for being president… probably not and it would go to the Supreme Court because being born in Puerto Rico makes you a US citizens at birth
I could but I won't. I'll find a candidate on the ballot who has more chops and integrity than trump or biden and vote for them.

I didn't vote for trump, biden or clinton in 16/20 and I've voted in every Presidential election since I turned 18.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:29 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 am

I could but I won't. I'll find a candidate on the ballot who has more chops and integrity than trump or biden and vote for them.

I didn't vote for trump, biden or clinton in 16/20 and I've voted in every Presidential election since I turned 18.
Kennedy?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:37 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:29 am

Kennedy?
No, he's bat shit. Probably the Libertarian candidate. I was hoping for Justin Amash but it looks like he's running for the Senate.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:59 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:37 am

Kennedy?
No, he's bat shit. Probably the Libertarian candidate. I was hoping for Justin Amash but it looks like he's running for the Senate.
Who would want to be president anyway?

It’s a no win job these days
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

To paraphrase ...
The problem is that she keeps turning up being right. Remember her post about "Don't vote for anyone you wouldn't trust with your dog." :rofl:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Fact check: Trump’s false courthouse claims about his trial
Facts First: Trump’s claims are all false. The police have not turned away “thousands of people” from the courthouse. And while there are various security measures in place in the area, including some street closures enforced by police officers and barricades, it’s not true that “this courthouse is locked down,” that “for blocks you can’t get near this courthouse” or that “there’s not a person within five blocks.” In reality, there is a designated protest zone for the trial at a park directly across the street from the courthouse – and people are permitted to drive right up to the front of the courthouse and walk into the building, which remains open to the public. If people show up early enough in the morning, they can even get into the trial courtroom itself or the overflow room that shows near-live video of the proceedings.
Facts First: Trump’s claim that Cohen’s prison sentence “had nothing to do with me” is false. Cohen’s three-year sentence in 2018 was for multiple crimes, some of which were directly related to Trump. Most notably, Cohen was sentenced for campaign finance offenses connected to a hush money scheme during the 2016 presidential campaign to conceal Trump’s alleged extramarital relationships – the same hush money scheme that is central to this prosecution against Trump. Cohen was also sentenced to two months in prison, to run concurrently with the three-year sentence, for lying to Congress in 2017 in relation to previous talks about the possibility of building a Trump Tower in Moscow, Russia, including about the extent of Trump’s involvement in the aborted Moscow initiative and about when in 2016 the discussions ended. (The discussions continued into June 2016, the month after Trump became the presumptive Republican nominee, and did not conclude in January 2016 before the first votes were cast, as Cohen had claimed.)
Facts First: As he has before, Trump made Merchan’s gag order sound far broader than it is. The gag order does not prohibit Trump from declaring the case a sham or from sharing others’ claims that the case is a sham. It also does not prohibit Trump from speaking to the media about the case, from defending his conduct at issue in the case, from denouncing the judge and district attorney involved in the case, or from campaigning for the presidency with speeches, media interviews and online posts.
Facts First: There is no basis for Trump’s claims. There is no evidence that Biden has had any role in launching or running Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s prosecution - and Bragg is a locally elected official who does not report to the federal government. The indictment in the case was approved by a grand jury of ordinary citizens.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Even CNN admitting that Trump’s business records trial is politically motivated, and wouldn’t have beem brought against anyone not named Trump.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:Even CNN admitting that Trump’s business records trial is politically motivated, and wouldn’t have beem brought against anyone not named Trump.
If even CNN isn’t against trump then it’s hard to argue that “everyone” is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

:)
BDKJMU wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:52 pm Even CNN admitting that Trump’s business records trial is politically motivated, and wouldn’t have beem brought against anyone not named Trump.
Except others (not named Trump) have already been tried and convicted.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:52 pm Even CNN admitting that Trump’s business records trial is politically motivated, and wouldn’t have beem brought against anyone not named Trump.
Are lefties finally asking the question

what is Joebozo actually doing for us anyway?

Of course not :lol:

But what is he doing for this country anyway?