Political discussions
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Team Trump v/s Everyone

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:32 am Not everyone is against Trump (see Sununu).

All politics and temporary power, zero principle.
That dynamic already appears to be at work as people are obeying in advance. On April 10, Pulitzer Prize–winning photographer David Hume Kennerly resigned from the board of the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Foundation after his fellow trustees declined to present the Gerald R. Ford Medal for Distinguished Public Service to former Wyoming representative Liz Cheney out of concern that a future President Trump would retaliate against the organization by taking away its tax-exempt status.

“The historical irony was completely lost on you,” Kennerly wrote. “Gerald Ford became president, in part, because Richard Nixon had ordered the development of an enemies list and demanded his underlings use the IRS against those listed. That’s exactly what the executive committee fears will happen if there’s a second coming of Donald Trump.”

Harking back to Ford’s service in the World War II Navy, Kennerly wrote: “Did [Lieutenant] Gerald Ford meet the enemy head-on because he thought he wouldn’t get killed? No. He did it despite that possibility. This executive committee, on the other hand, bolted before any shots were fired. You aren’t alone. Many foundations, organizations, corporations, and other entities are caught up in this tidal wave of timidity and fear that’s sweeping this country. I mistakenly thought we were better than that. This is the kind of acquiescent behavior that leads to authoritarianism. President Ford most likely would have come out even tougher and said that it leads directly to fascism.”

As Princeton sociology professor Kim Lane Scheppele told Edsall, those still operating under the impression that they will curry favor with a dictator are painfully unaware of how dictators actually operate: like Russia’s Vladimir Putin or Hungary’s Viktor Orbán, if he is returned to power, Trump will use the power of the state to squeeze the wealthy as well as his political opponents, threatening them with investigations, audits, regulation—even criminal charges—unless they do as they are told.
https://open.substack.com/pub/heatherco ... medium=ios
Huh? This is like the garbage we have to hear from Carib, just better written and longer. I despise Trump and he'll never be on a ballot I hand in, however, he wasn't a dictator before and he won't be a dictator again. If anything came out of those first 4 years with Trump, it's that the American system worked - checks and balances and the setup of the government worked to ensure that one person couldn't contort government to be at the control of a dictator. Just doesn't work that way. If Trump is elected again, which is a very real possibility, it's just going to be 4 years and that's it. He'll already be a lame duck the moment he takes office. He's not Putin, he's not Orban, and America will be no closer to a fascist state than we are now (and we're not one now). Have faith in the American system because it actually works, no matter what the fearmongers will tell you.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:21 am
kalm wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:32 am Not everyone is against Trump (see Sununu).

Huh? This is like the garbage we have to hear from Carib, just better written and longer. I despise Trump and he'll never be on a ballot I hand in, however, he wasn't a dictator before and he won't be a dictator again. If anything came out of those first 4 years with Trump, it's that the American system worked - checks and balances and the setup of the government worked to ensure that one person couldn't contort government to be at the control of a dictator. Just doesn't work that way. If Trump is elected again, which is a very real possibility, it's just going to be 4 years and that's it. He'll already be a lame duck the moment he takes office. He's not Putin, he's not Orban, and America will be no closer to a fascist state than we are now (and we're not one now). Have faith in the American system because it actually works, no matter what the fearmongers will tell you.
:nod:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

We indeed have a robust political system, but consolidated power and wealth threaten it. It’s a thing because it’s been tried before both here and abroad. I don’t care to get even close.

But please…continue to down play it.

Warnings and historical precedence are well warranted.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:22 am

We indeed have a robust political system, but consolidated power and wealth threaten it. It’s a thing because it’s been tried before both here and abroad. I don’t care to get even close.

There's a difference between downplaying it and upplaying it (I made up that word). We should always be cautious and vigilant, but that doesn't mean we hyper-react at anything that threatens our system. Heck, if anything, that by itself is a danger we should avoid as that by itself can lead us to the very thing we're trying to avoid in the first place. It's like with college campuses - in our pursuit to squash out MAGA's and all things that could be related to Trump, we see groups protest violently in the pursuit to make sure these voices never even get heard. The irony of protecting our system of free speech and freedom by denying that to those we disagree with is rather rich indeed.

We'll be fine as long as we are vigilant and as long as we understand what it is we are actually protecting. And no political party has the monopoly on the principles that we should be protecting.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Flash Flash Flash

Breaking Wind on CNN on the last series of TDS laced drivel up there

Biden is more of a dictator than Trump ever dreamed of being …. how many of his presidential directives went through Congress?

Paying off college debt for millions of people with a stroke of a pen? that’s not the way it supposed to work when you’re basically stealing from America to pay off those losers

How much damage he did on the border just by undoing doing what Trump did… only because Joey is a vindictive idiot…
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:41 am

Flash Flash Flash

Biden is more of a dictator than Trump ever dreamed of being …. how many of his presidential directives went through Congress?

Paying off college debt for millions of people with a stroke of a pen? that’s not the way it supposed to work when you’re basically stealing from America to pay off those losers

How much damage he did on the border just by undoing doing what Trump did… only because Joey is a vindictive idiot…
:dunce:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:30 am

There's a difference between downplaying it and upplaying it (I made up that word). We should always be cautious and vigilant, but that doesn't mean we hyper-react at anything that threatens our system. Heck, if anything, that by itself is a danger we should avoid as that by itself can lead us to the very thing we're trying to avoid in the first place. It's like with college campuses - in our pursuit to squash out MAGA's and all things that could be related to Trump, we see groups protest violently in the pursuit to make sure these voices never even get heard. The irony of protecting our system of free speech and freedom by denying that to those we disagree with is rather rich indeed.

We'll be fine as long as we are vigilant and as long as we understand what it is we are actually protecting. And no political party has the monopoly on the principles that we should be protecting.
Vigilance should include sounding the alarms, not just in retrospect about what Trump tried, but the fact he currently leads in the polls. There aren’t nearly enough MAGA to support his reemergence alone. It’s the complacency of the apolitical and centrists who think “it can’t happen here”.

Hypocrisy of college campuses and tankies notwithstanding there are a number conservatives, Republicans politicians, and former Trump administration officials who voice grave concern…even on verge obsession. And for many of them, this goes way back.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Bill Maher Defends Trump Voters in Contentious Katie Couric Sit-Down
“Not to defend Trump, but to defend the people who still vote for him,” Maher said. “Because what they see on the other side, to them, is even more dangerous. Because it’s closer to home: ‘My kid is coming home from school and he thinks he’s a racist? He’s five, what have you been telling him? My son thinks maybe he’s not a boy.’ And maybe that’s true, that happens. Those kind of things are what they say. ‘That’s why I’m voting for Trump.’”
For “lots of people,” Maher theorized, it’s not as though they actually like Trump. “But he’s all that stands between us and madness.”
Maher nails this one.

The left is it's own worst enemy.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:41 am

Flash Flash Flash

A trillion dollars in tax breaks for the ultra-wealthy with the stroke of a pen....? :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:54 pm Bill Maher Defends Trump Voters in Contentious Katie Couric Sit-Down
“Not to defend Trump, but to defend the people who still vote for him,” Maher said. “Because what they see on the other side, to them, is even more dangerous. Because it’s closer to home: ‘My kid is coming home from school and he thinks he’s a racist? He’s five, what have you been telling him? My son thinks maybe he’s not a boy.’ And maybe that’s true, that happens. Those kind of things are what they say. ‘That’s why I’m voting for Trump.’”
For “lots of people,” Maher theorized, it’s not as though they actually like Trump. “But he’s all that stands between us and madness.”
Maher nails this one.

Wait! Maher has children? But he openly hates kids. :lol:

But yes…often times the left is indeed its own worst enemy.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:54 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:54 pm Bill Maher Defends Trump Voters in Contentious Katie Couric Sit-Down

Maher nails this one.

But yes…often times the left like trump is indeed its own worst enemy.
FYP :D

2 sides of the same coin ... :coffee:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

“Berliner penned a bombshell piece in the Free Press that criticized NPR’s coverage of Russiagate, the COVID lab leak theory, Hunter Biden’s scandalous laptop, embrace of the theory of systemic racism and accused the organization of downplaying antisemitism following Oct. 7. “

NPR is a big piece of the fourth estate and you lemmings eat it up

Question is why?

Why does the rotten Biden get a free pass from our media?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:52 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:54 pm

But yes…often times the left like trump is indeed its own worst enemy.
FYP :D

2 sides of the same coin ... :coffee:
:lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:50 am “Berliner penned a bombshell piece in the Free Press that criticized NPR’s coverage of Russiagate, the COVID lab leak theory, Hunter Biden’s scandalous laptop, embrace of the theory of systemic racism and accused the organization of downplaying antisemitism following Oct. 7. “

Question is why?

Hey…you should post this is in a 4th different thread and see if sticks this time. :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Supreme Court Hears Fischer: Case Could Throw Out Obstruction Charges Against Trump and Jan. 6 Defendants

The case centers on defendant Joseph Fischer's challenge to the Justice Department's charges of "corruptly" obstructing, influencing, or impeding a congressional proceeding on Jan. 6. Lawyers for Fischer argue that the statute used, passed by Congress in 2002 primarily for financial crimes, doesn't apply to his actions during the Capitol incident. The government argues that Fischer's actions disrupted Congress from fulfilling its Electoral Count Act duties.

The question before the justices is whether a provision of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, enacted in the wake of the collapse of the energy giant Enron, covers the conduct of Fischer, a former police officer. The 2002 legislation was prompted by accounting fraud and document destruction. The provision is written broadly, and debates are centered on whether it should be interpreted widely or limited more narrowly.

In his arguments before the high court, Fischer's attorney, Jeffrey T. Green, referred to the time period when the legislation was signed into law as the "dawn of the information age" and argued that the law had never been used before the Jan. 6 prosecutions for any reason other than in cases of tampering with records.

Previously, in a separate legal matter heard by the Supreme Court concerning another aspect of the same law, the Court emphasized the importance of anchoring legal interpretations to the original intent of the legislation.

The impending SCOTUS ruling potentially affects hundreds of individuals facing the use of this charge, carrying a maximum sentence of 20 years, per the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington. The law figures in two of the federal charges against Trump in his election interference case, and more than 350 people linked to the events of Jan. 6 at the Capitol have been prosecuted under it. If the Supreme Court sides with Fischer and says the statute does not cover his alleged conduct, Trump is almost certain to contend that it does not apply in his case, either.

At the heart of the legal debate is the interpretation of the law's provisions. The 2002 legislation intended to address a gap in federal law that criminalized persuading others to destroy records relevant to investigations or official proceedings but did not address the individual themselves destroying such evidence.

The law has a two-part provision, and Fischer's lawyers argue that the first part of the statute must inform the second part, meaning that, in their view, the alleged obstruction must be linked to destroying records or evidence.

The first part of the law criminalizes the act of corruptly altering, destroying, or concealing records to frustrate official proceedings. The second part — where the issue lies in Fischer — made it a crime to "otherwise" corruptly obstruct, influence, or impede any official proceeding.

The government argues that "otherwise" means "in a different manner" and that the charge of obstruction of official proceedings does not necessitate the destruction of evidence. They consider this part of the law to be a catchall. In his arguments before the court on Tuesday, Green said this part of the statute had been perverted from a "catchall into a dragnet."

In Fischer's case, Judge Carl Nichols of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia previously dismissed the obstruction charge, ruling that the statute should not apply to the Capitol building rioters. The government then appealed Nichols' ruling to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, which reversed Nichols in a 2-1 decision.

Appeals court Judges Florence Pan and Justin Walker held that the statute was applicable to congressional proceedings, not just tangible documents. Justice Pan wrote in the majority opinion that Nichols used a “cramped, document-focused” reading of the statute….

…. In a dissenting opinion, Judge Gregory Katsas argued that the statute should be limited to conduct “intended to hinder the flow of truthful evidence to a proceeding.”

As the Supreme Court hears arguments on Tuesday, the debate centers on whether the statute should be interpreted narrowly or broadly while the outcome has far-reaching ramifications for hundreds of defendants and Trump…
https://redstate.com/brutalbrittany/202 ... r-n2172845
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Donald Trump booted from prestigious list of billionaires after Truth Social parent’s swan dive
Now, media group Bloomberg has stripped Trump of his prestigious membership in its virtual country club of billionaires.

This week he was booted from its index of the 500 wealthiest people in the world after shares in Trump Media & Technology Group tumbled.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:54 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:50 am “Berliner penned a bombshell piece in the Free Press that criticized NPR’s coverage of Russiagate, the COVID lab leak theory, Hunter Biden’s scandalous laptop, embrace of the theory of systemic racism and accused the organization of downplaying antisemitism following Oct. 7. “

Question is why?

Hey…you should post this is in a 4th different thread and see if sticks this time. :lol:
I’ve only posted that once

https://www.foxnews.com/media/npr-suspe ... ganization

They need to clean it up on these lefties posing as fair and balanced media organizations…. What a joke
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:52 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:54 am

They need to clean it up on these lefties posing as fair and balanced media organizations…. What a joke
FAKE NEWS!!!

1) So, hhmmmm, what's a new topic? Hunter Biden thread ...
Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:00 pm Wrong

If you want an erroneous narrative, take a look at this

Senior NPR business editor Uri Berliner admitted in an explosive op-ed published Tuesday that the public radio station’s RussiaGate reporting was a bust, and that it did not fess up to that after no “Russian collusion” was found between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Furthermore, Berliner admitted that then-California Senate candidate Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) became the news outlet’s “guiding hand” in this fruitless endeavor, and expressed regret in hitching its wagon to him. Schiff was the main pusher of the Russia collusion hoax in Congress and had repeatedly insisted there was “circumstantial evidence” of collusion.
2) Biden’s Scorecard thread ...
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:54 pm Well, one of the little foot soldiers of the fourth of state is starting to tell the truth…..

“Berliner made waves on Tuesday for calling out the liberal groupthink that has plagued NPR's newsroom, pointing to their mishandling of Russiagate, the Hunter Biden laptop, the COVID lab leak theory and the ongoing Israel-Hamas war as examples of its left-wing bias while prioritizing racial diversity over ideological diversity. “
3) Team Trump v/s Everyone thread ...

Question is why?

4) Not you but BDKKKaren had your back in the Culture Wars thread but he was wrong about the number of threads ...
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:26 am Edit: I see Caribe mentioned this on another thread, but below is the link amd more description. Removes any doubt to the left wing bias of NPR. Lot of examples given: Trump Russia collusion, Hunter laptop was Russiam disinfo, lab leak theory was a hoax/garbage, etc. 2 biggest drivers he listed- 2016 election of Trump and 2020 Floyd killing (hyper focus on race & DEI)..

https://www.thefp.com/p/npr-editor-how- ... icas-trust
:-P
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:04 am
Supreme Court Hears Fischer: Case Could Throw Out Obstruction Charges Against Trump and Jan. 6 Defendants

The case centers on defendant Joseph Fischer's challenge to the Justice Department's charges of "corruptly" obstructing, influencing, or impeding a congressional proceeding on Jan. 6. Lawyers for Fischer argue that the statute used, passed by Congress in 2002 primarily for financial crimes, doesn't apply to his actions during the Capitol incident. The government argues that Fischer's actions disrupted Congress from fulfilling its Electoral Count Act duties.

The question before the justices is whether a provision of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, enacted in the wake of the collapse of the energy giant Enron, covers the conduct of Fischer, a former police officer. The 2002 legislation was prompted by accounting fraud and document destruction. The provision is written broadly, and debates are centered on whether it should be interpreted widely or limited more narrowly.

In his arguments before the high court, Fischer's attorney, Jeffrey T. Green, referred to the time period when the legislation was signed into law as the "dawn of the information age" and argued that the law had never been used before the Jan. 6 prosecutions for any reason other than in cases of tampering with records.

Previously, in a separate legal matter heard by the Supreme Court concerning another aspect of the same law, the Court emphasized the importance of anchoring legal interpretations to the original intent of the legislation.

The impending SCOTUS ruling potentially affects hundreds of individuals facing the use of this charge, carrying a maximum sentence of 20 years, per the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington. The law figures in two of the federal charges against Trump in his election interference case, and more than 350 people linked to the events of Jan. 6 at the Capitol have been prosecuted under it. If the Supreme Court sides with Fischer and says the statute does not cover his alleged conduct, Trump is almost certain to contend that it does not apply in his case, either.

At the heart of the legal debate is the interpretation of the law's provisions. The 2002 legislation intended to address a gap in federal law that criminalized persuading others to destroy records relevant to investigations or official proceedings but did not address the individual themselves destroying such evidence.

The law has a two-part provision, and Fischer's lawyers argue that the first part of the statute must inform the second part, meaning that, in their view, the alleged obstruction must be linked to destroying records or evidence.

The first part of the law criminalizes the act of corruptly altering, destroying, or concealing records to frustrate official proceedings. The second part — where the issue lies in Fischer — made it a crime to "otherwise" corruptly obstruct, influence, or impede any official proceeding.

The government argues that "otherwise" means "in a different manner" and that the charge of obstruction of official proceedings does not necessitate the destruction of evidence. They consider this part of the law to be a catchall. In his arguments before the court on Tuesday, Green said this part of the statute had been perverted from a "catchall into a dragnet."

In Fischer's case, Judge Carl Nichols of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia previously dismissed the obstruction charge, ruling that the statute should not apply to the Capitol building rioters. The government then appealed Nichols' ruling to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, which reversed Nichols in a 2-1 decision.

Appeals court Judges Florence Pan and Justin Walker held that the statute was applicable to congressional proceedings, not just tangible documents. Justice Pan wrote in the majority opinion that Nichols used a “cramped, document-focused” reading of the statute….

…. In a dissenting opinion, Judge Gregory Katsas argued that the statute should be limited to conduct “intended to hinder the flow of truthful evidence to a proceeding.”

As the Supreme Court hears arguments on Tuesday, the debate centers on whether the statute should be interpreted narrowly or broadly while the outcome has far-reaching ramifications for hundreds of defendants and Trump…
https://redstate.com/brutalbrittany/202 ... r-n2172845
This chick sounds like a nerd who talks WAY too fast.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:24 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:52 pm

FAKE NEWS!!!

1) So, hhmmmm, what's a new topic? Hunter Biden thread ...
Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:00 pm Wrong

If you want an erroneous narrative, take a look at this

Senior NPR business editor Uri Berliner admitted in an explosive op-ed published Tuesday that the public radio station’s RussiaGate reporting was a bust, and that it did not fess up to that after no “Russian collusion” was found between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Furthermore, Berliner admitted that then-California Senate candidate Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) became the news outlet’s “guiding hand” in this fruitless endeavor, and expressed regret in hitching its wagon to him. Schiff was the main pusher of the Russia collusion hoax in Congress and had repeatedly insisted there was “circumstantial evidence” of collusion.
2) Biden’s Scorecard thread ...
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:54 pm Well, one of the little foot soldiers of the fourth of state is starting to tell the truth…..

“Berliner made waves on Tuesday for calling out the liberal groupthink that has plagued NPR's newsroom, pointing to their mishandling of Russiagate, the Hunter Biden laptop, the COVID lab leak theory and the ongoing Israel-Hamas war as examples of its left-wing bias while prioritizing racial diversity over ideological diversity. “
3) Team Trump v/s Everyone thread ...

Question is why?

4) Not you but BDKKKaren had your back in the Culture Wars thread but he was wrong about the number of threads ...
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:26 am Edit: I see Caribe mentioned this on another thread, but below is the link amd more description. Removes any doubt to the left wing bias of NPR. Lot of examples given: Trump Russia collusion, Hunter laptop was Russiam disinfo, lab leak theory was a hoax/garbage, etc. 2 biggest drivers he listed- 2016 election of Trump and 2020 Floyd killing (hyper focus on race & DEI)..

https://www.thefp.com/p/npr-editor-how- ... icas-trust
:-P
Nice work

But still no answers
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Always hyper-vigilant on the important things…always rising above the fray….

…how bad a job he was doing that night, right before he stumbled through announcing the biggest award of all, “Picture of the Year.” It was a CLASSIC CHOKE, one of the biggest ever in show business, and to top it off, he forgot to say the famous and mandatory line, “AND THE WINNER IS.” Instead he stammered around as he opened the envelope. Supposedly his wife, and even management, begged him not to do it, “DON’T READ HIS TRUTH, JIMMY, PLEASE DON’T DO THIS,” they said. He was made to look like a FOOL, which he is, and at the same time go down in Television History as the WORST HOST EVER OF THE ONCE VAUNTED ACADEMY AWARDS!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:46 am

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:58 pm
Also Stephen A ...
I might not be a supporter of Donald Trump, but I want him to lose the right way.

I want him to lose because you have better ideas and you make your case to the American people better than he does. That’s why I want him to lose
Stephen A. Smith slams Trump hush money trial: ‘I want him to lose the right way’

As Ganny has said, this case is the closest to lawfare of all of them. It's unfortunate that it's the most advanced and that Cannon appears to be carrying his water and slowing down the documents case.