bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Team Trump v/s Everyone

Post by bobbythekidd »

Round 1

Dominion Voting Systems and Fox News have reached a deal to resolve the $1.6 billion defamation case the electronic voting company brought against the cable news giant over unfounded accusations broadcast on its air that Dominion helped rig the 2020 presidential election against former President Donald Trump.

Dominion attorneys told reporters that Fox would pay $787.5 million to settle the lawsuit soon after Delaware Superior Court Judge Eric Davis announced that the "case has been resolved."

"Fox has admitted to telling lies (to their viewers (sic)) about Dominion that caused enormous damage to my Company, our employees, and our customers. Nothing can ever make up for that," Poulos said. "Throughout this process, we have sought accountability and believe the evidence brought to light through this case underscores the consequences of spreading and endorsing lies. Truthful reporting in the media is essential to our democracy."

Up next is the E. Jean Carrol defamation civil suit for defamation. (unless any of the other ones jump ahead in line.)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Team Trump v/s Everyone

Post by BDKJMU »

bobbythekidd wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:20 pm Round 1

Dominion Voting Systems and Fox News have reached a deal to resolve the $1.6 billion defamation case the electronic voting company brought against the cable news giant over unfounded accusations broadcast on its air that Dominion helped rig the 2020 presidential election against former President Donald Trump.

Dominion attorneys told reporters that Fox would pay $787.5 million to settle the lawsuit soon after Delaware Superior Court Judge Eric Davis announced that the "case has been resolved."

"Fox has admitted to telling lies (to their viewers (sic)) about Dominion that caused enormous damage to my Company, our employees, and our customers. Nothing can ever make up for that," Poulos said. "Throughout this process, we have sought accountability and believe the evidence brought to light through this case underscores the consequences of spreading and endorsing lies. Truthful reporting in the media is essential to our democracy."

Up next is the E. Jean Carrol defamation civil suit for defamation. (unless any of the other ones jump ahead in line.)
They didn’t admit to telling lies, and CNN is none to happy.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/04/18 ... rt-n733201
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:46 pm
bobbythekidd wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:20 pm Round 1

This was far from a victory for Fox. They paid and they didn't get a gag order.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Doesn't make much difference. People in the conservative media misinformation bubble would never hear that Fox people lied regardless. People outside of the conservative media misinformation bubble know they lied.

Well, I guess one could say maybe Fox could've been made to have its people go on the air and say ''we lied'' to their audiences. But I don't think there is any way that was going to happen.

Their text messages are a matter of public record. They clearly knew they were featuring BS.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:43 pm Doesn't make much difference. People in the conservative media misinformation bubble would never hear that Fox people lied regardless. People outside of the conservative media misinformation bubble know they lied.

Well, I guess one could say maybe Fox could've been made to have its people go on the air and say ''we lied'' to their audiences. But I don't think there is any way that was going to happen.

Their text messages are a matter of public record. They clearly knew they were featuring BS.
Even IF they did lie, they are only following in the footsteps of CNN, MSDNC, et al.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:53 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:43 pm Doesn't make much difference. People in the conservative media misinformation bubble would never hear that Fox people lied regardless. People outside of the conservative media misinformation bubble know they lied.

Even IF they did lie, they are only following in the footsteps of CNN, MSDNC, et al.
Like clockwork…. :lol:
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by bobbythekidd »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:46 pmThey didn’t admit to telling lies, and CNN is none to happy.
Rupert Murdoch absolutely stated that his network told lies about the election being stolen to their viewers, under oath, in his deposition.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

bobbythekidd wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:44 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:46 pmThey didn’t admit to telling lies, and CNN is none to happy.
Rupert Murdoch absolutely stated that his network told lies about the election being stolen to their viewers, under oath, in his deposition.
In the actual settlememt language FNC didn’t admit to any lies. The whiny CNN anchor in the tweet above is right about that.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
bobbythekidd wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:44 pm Rupert Murdoch absolutely stated that his network told lies about the election being stolen to their viewers, under oath, in his deposition.
In the actual settlememt language FNC didn’t admit to any lies. The whiny CNN anchor in the tweet above is right about that.
The owner stating it outweighs the lack of language in the settlement agreement.

You and JSO sure like to try to limit the scope of the debate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:53 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:46 pm

This was far from a victory for Fox. They paid and they didn't get a gag order.
And didn't put their anchors on the stand.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:01 pm
BDKJMU wrote: In the actual settlememt language FNC didn’t admit to any lies. The whiny CNN anchor in the tweet above is right about that.

The owner stating it outweighs the lack of language in the settlement agreement.

You and JSO sure like to try to limit the scope of the debate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:nod:

But hey now we have confirmation that FOX is just like CNN and MSNBC with their

“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by bobbythekidd »

Round 2

Mypillow lunatic, Mike Lindell, a purveyor of election conspiracies, vowed to award the multimillion-dollar sum to any cyber security expert who could disprove his data. An arbitration panel awarded Robert Zeidman, who has decades in software development experience, a $5 million payout on Wednesday after he sued Lindell over the sum.
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by bobbythekidd »

A decorated U.S. Air Force veteran who was an associate of Donald Trump's former adviser Steve Bannon was sentenced on Wednesday to 4-1/4 years in prison after admitting helping defraud donors to a campaign to build the wall along the U.S.-Mexican border pursued by the former president.
OL FU
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Furman

Post by OL FU »

To sum up what a friend of mine said.
If don't read or watch the news you are ill informed.
On the other hand if you read or watch the news you are mis-informed.

it is a sad place to be.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

bobbythekidd wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:44 pm
Between having to suffer the indignity of being deposed by pissant lawyers and losing a cool billion and a quarter, so far, in fines and lost share value behind Tucker's act, Rupert is getting a pretty good kick in the nuts while Mercury is retrograde
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Trump’s team fired off an angry letter.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:52 am Trump’s team fired off an angry letter.

She is very believable - I doubt she can prove it happened but everybody knows it did and it will be in their minds next year. I'm thinking Asa Hutchison is nicely positioned for blowing by Mushroomdick and Ronald Duck in the home stretch. :nod:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by bobbythekidd »

Former President Trump's lawsuit against The New York Times was dismissed by a New York Supreme Court judge on Wednesday.

Driving the news: Trump filed a $100 million lawsuit against the NYT and Mary Trump in 2021 over the news outlet's 2018 Pulitzer Prize-winning reporting on his tax records, alleging "an insidious plot to obtain confidential and highly-sensitive records."

However, New York Supreme Court Justice Robert Reed said Trump's claims "fail as a matter of constitutional law."
Courts have "long recognized that reporters are entitled to engage in legal and ordinary news gathering activities without fear of tort liability" due to First Amendment protections, Reed said.
In dismissing the complaint against the NYT, Reed ordered Trump to pay all legal fees associated with their case.

What's next: The judge has yet to rule on the case against Mary Trump.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

bobbythekidd wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 5:48 pm Former President Trump's lawsuit against The New York Times was dismissed by a New York Supreme Court judge on Wednesday.

Driving the news: Trump filed a $100 million lawsuit against the NYT and Mary Trump in 2021 over the news outlet's 2018 Pulitzer Prize-winning reporting on his tax records, alleging "an insidious plot to obtain confidential and highly-sensitive records."

However, New York Supreme Court Justice Robert Reed said Trump's claims "fail as a matter of constitutional law."
Courts have "long recognized that reporters are entitled to engage in legal and ordinary news gathering activities without fear of tort liability" due to First Amendment protections, Reed said.
In dismissing the complaint against the NYT, Reed ordered Trump to pay all legal fees associated with their case.

What's next: The judge has yet to rule on the case against Mary Trump.
:lol: ....time to start a charity for children with cancer just across the state line...your donation will help save the little children
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by bobbythekidd »

A jury on Thursday convicted Enrique Tarrio, the former leader of the Proud Boys, and three allies of a seditious conspiracy to derail the transfer of power from Donald Trump to Joe Biden, a historic verdict following the most significant trial to emerge from the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

Jurors also convicted the four men — who also include Ethan Nordean, Joseph Biggs and Zachary Rehl — of conspiring to obstruct Congress’ proceedings on Jan. 6 and destroying government property. The jury deadlocked on seditious conspiracy against a fifth defendant, Dominic Pezzola, but convicted him of obstructing Congress’ Jan. 6 proceedings as well as several other felony charges.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

bobbythekidd wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:33 am A jury on Thursday convicted Enrique Tarrio, the former leader of the Proud Boys, and three allies of a seditious conspiracy to derail the transfer of power from Donald Trump to Joe Biden, a historic verdict following the most significant trial to emerge from the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

Jurors also convicted the four men — who also include Ethan Nordean, Joseph Biggs and Zachary Rehl — of conspiring to obstruct Congress’ proceedings on Jan. 6 and destroying government property. The jury deadlocked on seditious conspiracy against a fifth defendant, Dominic Pezzola, but convicted him of obstructing Congress’ Jan. 6 proceedings as well as several other felony charges.
Is it just a Proud Boys masterminded seditious conspiracy or are there others involved? Asking for a friend.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 7:14 am
bobbythekidd wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:33 am A jury on Thursday convicted Enrique Tarrio, the former leader of the Proud Boys, and three allies of a seditious conspiracy to derail the transfer of power from Donald Trump to Joe Biden, a historic verdict following the most significant trial to emerge from the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

Is it just a Proud Boys masterminded seditious conspiracy or are there others involved? Asking for a friend.
some of them are very nice people
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

So Trump says he didn’t rape her but she admitted she loved being sexually assaulted? And that celebrity power of pussy grabbing has been going on for millions of years unfortunately or “fortunately”?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

So NY just happens to pass a one time special law opening a 1 year window for adult victims of alleged sexual assault to file civil cases after the statute of limitations has expired. What the the name of the law? The Get Trump While He’s Running For POTUS’ law?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:42 am So NY just happens to pass a one time special law opening a 1 year window for adult victims of alleged sexual assault to file civil cases after the statute of limitations has expired. What the the name of the law? The Get Trump While He’s Running For POTUS’ law?
But if he raped her, you’d still want justice regardless. Right?