Team Trump v/s Everyone

Political discussions
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Re: Team Trump v/s Everyone

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:54 pm Bill Maher Defends Trump Voters in Contentious Katie Couric Sit-Down
“Not to defend Trump, but to defend the people who still vote for him,” Maher said. “Because what they see on the other side, to them, is even more dangerous. Because it’s closer to home: ‘My kid is coming home from school and he thinks he’s a racist? He’s five, what have you been telling him? My son thinks maybe he’s not a boy.’ And maybe that’s true, that happens. Those kind of things are what they say. ‘That’s why I’m voting for Trump.’”
For “lots of people,” Maher theorized, it’s not as though they actually like Trump. “But he’s all that stands between us and madness.”
Maher nails this one.

The left is it's own worst enemy.
And it’s what you miss about the so-called MAGA yahoos

It’s really not about Trump. Most people don’t really like Trump.

It’s about the shocking insanity of the over emotional types that can’t seem to think things through and the elitist that love to pat themselves on the back and tell you they know what’s best for you, but live holed up on Twitter and really haven’t been around the block.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:46 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:54 pm Bill Maher Defends Trump Voters in Contentious Katie Couric Sit-Down

Maher nails this one.

It’s about the shocking insanity of the over emotional types that can’t seem to think things through and the elitist that love to pat themselves on the back and tell you they know what’s best for you, but live holed up on Twitter and really haven’t been around the block.
:roll:

You're like watching a kid tryng to hit a pinata. Swing hard blindly and miss widely.... :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Maher nails this one.

People who "don’t really like trump" don't respond to every criticism of him with cries of tDS or "but trump". They would acknowledge that he's a deeply flawed human being and that he's probably guilty of some of the things he's charged with. They think that he's a better option than biden despite those flaws.

I get why people are upset and they are not without reason. Having trump, a corrupt insider who was born on 3rd base and has used the system his entire life, champion the cause is like having a Satanist as Pope.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:09 am

People who "don’t really like trump" don't respond to every criticism of him with cries of tDS or "but trump". They would acknowledge that he's a deeply flawed human being and that he's probably guilty of some of the things he's charged with. They think that he's a better option than biden despite those flaws.

I get why people are upset and they are not without reason. Having trump, a corrupt insider who was born on 3rd base and has used the system his entire life, champion the cause is like having a Satanist as Pope.
Hey when you’re fighting the pure evil national clown, at times you need the devil
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:02 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:09 am

Hey when you’re fighting the pure evil national clown, at times you need the devil
Which one is the devil and which one is the pure evil national clown?

Or we one (or both) parties could step up to the plate and nominate an actual leader so the people wouldn't have to choose between corrupt, narcissistic clowns. biden's best chance at reelection is with trump as his opponent. It was a missed opportunity because too many MAQA yahoos worship trump more than God. The fact that trump is winning the Republican nomination shoots your "most people don’t really like trump" theory to hell. If most people didn't like him, they'd have voted for another candidate in the primaries.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:59 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:02 pm

Which one is the devil and which one is the pure evil national clown?

Or we one (or both) parties could step up to the plate and nominate an actual leader so the people wouldn't have to choose between corrupt, narcissistic clowns. biden's best chance at reelection is with trump as his opponent. It was a missed opportunity because too many MAQA yahoos worship trump more than God. The fact that trump is winning the Republican nomination shoots your "most people don’t really like trump" theory to hell. If most people didn't like him, they'd have voted for another candidate in the primaries.
No, no no you already admitted that people don’t like Biden but voted for him because they don’t like Trump
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:21 am

All his efforts to delay justice until after the election.....if only Weisselberg hadn't taken those notes. :ohno: :lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Column: Trump's hush-money criminal trial could be a cure for 'Trump amnesia'
Before Donald Trump's hush-money trial in New York got underway, pundits predicted that the proceedings could be a media bonanza for the former president. During this year’s Republican primaries, they noted, Trump’s popularity rose every time he was indicted.
More important, the trial might begin to cure voters of the affliction known as “Trump amnesia” — the tendency to forget all the reasons they voted against the presumptive Republican nominee in 2020.

Pollsters and campaign consultants who conduct focus groups, organized discussions with voters, say they run into it all the time.
The reasons for the epidemic of memory loss aren’t mysterious. Trump left office more than three years ago — and for the last two years, voters have been focused on rising prices and mortgage rates, problems they blame on Biden.
A Reuters/Ipsos poll this month reported that 13% of voters who currently favor Trump say they won’t vote for him if he is convicted of a felony.

If even a fraction of those voters carry out their threat, the former president’s apparent lead over Biden could evaporate. In 2020, a vote shift of less than a percentage point in three close-run states would have changed the outcome in the electoral college.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:36 am Column: Trump's hush-money criminal trial could be a cure for 'Trump amnesia'
Before Donald Trump's hush-money trial in New York got underway, pundits predicted that the proceedings could be a media bonanza for the former president. During this year’s Republican primaries, they noted, Trump’s popularity rose every time he was indicted.
More important, the trial might begin to cure voters of the affliction known as “Trump amnesia” — the tendency to forget all the reasons they voted against the presumptive Republican nominee in 2020.

Pollsters and campaign consultants who conduct focus groups, organized discussions with voters, say they run into it all the time.
The reasons for the epidemic of memory loss aren’t mysterious. Trump left office more than three years ago — and for the last two years, voters have been focused on rising prices and mortgage rates, problems they blame on Biden.
A Reuters/Ipsos poll this month reported that 13% of voters who currently favor Trump say they won’t vote for him if he is convicted of a felony.

If even a fraction of those voters carry out their threat, the former president’s apparent lead over Biden could evaporate. In 2020, a vote shift of less than a percentage point in three close-run states would have changed the outcome in the electoral college.
This ain't the case to do that. How is whether Trump was using the National Enquirer to steer news stories in an election 8 years ago going to really elicit reactions from folks? The first reaction I had was "the National Enquirer still exists?".

Get to the good stuff, i.e. letting loose a mob on the Capitol Building and we got something.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Looks similar to Georgia, same cast of characters.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:48 pm Looks similar to Georgia, same cast of characters.

trump is such a sneaky bastard. The whole time he was crying "stop the steal" he was the one actually trying to steal the election. That's some 4D level deception there.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:55 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:48 pm Looks similar to Georgia, same cast of characters.

trump is such a sneaky bastard. The whole time he was crying "stop the steal" he was the one actually trying to steal the election. That's some 4D level deception there.
Orwell called…

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:55 pm

"Accuse your opponent of that which you are guilty..."J. Goebbels
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:24 pm
This ain't the case to do that. How is whether Trump was using the National Enquirer to steer news stories in an election 8 years ago going to really elicit reactions from folks? The first reaction I had was "the National Enquirer still exists?".

Get to the good stuff, i.e. letting loose a mob on the Capitol Building and we got something.
Traditionally an appetizer is served before the entree. Your point about this trial not eliciting much reaction is supported by the single-digit turnout of protesters, but that non-reaction speaks volumes - 85,000 trump supporters in Manhattan and three of them showed up Tuesday. :coffee:

Several reporters have also commented on his flatulence. :shock:

He's losing in the court of public opinion and his desperate demeanor says he knows it. He's toast without some sort of deus ex machina in the electoral college.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:52 am

Traditionally an appetizer is served before the entree. Your point about this trial not eliciting much reaction is supported by the single-digit turnout of protesters, but that non-reaction speaks volumes - 85,000 trump supporters in Manhattan and three of them showed up Tuesday. :coffee:

He's losing in the court of public opinion and his desperate demeanor says he knows it. He's toast without some sort of deus ex machina in the electoral college.
We'll see. This is going to be a super tight election and neither leading candidate is in good shape right now. And really, it just comes down to the 5 or 6 purple states. Easy to see how either side can win this fall.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:41 am

We'll see. This is going to be a super tight election and neither leading candidate is in good shape right now. And really, it just comes down to the 5 or 6 purple states. Easy to see how either side can win this fall.
Trump’s numbers have peaked. He’s hardly campaigning other than tweets. There’s daily news of the increasing extent of the fake voter scheme.

Indies in those purple states decide elections. I don’t see how Trump will appeal to them except for the people who never read the news. But I’m not sure how many there are in that cohort.

I’d be surprised if it’s super tight.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

In a pick em game always go with Dumbocrats …
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:00 am

Trump’s numbers have peaked. He’s hardly campaigning other than tweets. There’s daily news of the increasing extent of the fake voter scheme.

Indies in those purple states decide elections. I don’t see how Trump will appeal to them except for the people who never read the news. But I’m not sure how many there are in that cohort.

Well, remember that Kennedy is going to make PA very troublesome for Biden. And while Trump has to contend with more court cases, that does keep him in the news and riles up his supporters. Biden's also likely to be in the news, but it's for times he slips up by being old, and he also has to contend with potentially bad news or the next few months - how do things in Ukraine go, how does the Israel/Hamas situation go, how does the border go, and maybe even more importantly, how does the economy go? The GDP numbers this morning weren't very good. Remember, real wages are still down overall versus when Biden took office - so people are basically make less today, in terms of buying power, than when he took office.

If Biden was running against anyone other than Trump he'd be screwed with the headwinds he's facing. Trump's abysmal appeal to anyone who isn't already a Trumper is what makes this race tight.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Trump Claimed Trial Interferes With His Campaign, but on His Day Off He Went Golfing
Former president Donald Trump has repeatedly claimed that his ongoing hush money trial constitutes “election interference,” by preventing him from connecting with voters, and so, the Republican presidential nominee spent his one day off from court diligently campaigning.

Just kidding, Trump actually went golfing.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:00 am

...and really surprised if the popular vote difference is less than about 3,000,000. Larger the turnout larger the popular vote difference
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:11 pm Trump Claimed Trial Interferes With His Campaign, but on His Day Off He Went Golfing
Former president Donald Trump has repeatedly claimed that his ongoing hush money trial constitutes “election interference,” by preventing him from connecting with voters, and so, the Republican presidential nominee spent his one day off from court diligently campaigning.

Just kidding, Pele actually went golfing.
FYP
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

...won't happen this year and if he wins it won't happen at all.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Any bets?

But that wouldn’t necessarily delay the trial sufficiently for Trump’s purposes.” So Alito, Thomas, Gorsuch & Kavanaugh would surely reject that path. But if both Barrett and Roberts care more about preserving the Constitution and the Rule of Law than about protecting Trump, they could still save the day and the republic by joining Jackson, Kagan & Sotomayor in deciding NOW the purely legal question of which acts can’t be charged in a slimmed-down indictment and quickly lifting the stay of trial proceedings in Chutkan’s court