Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Team Trump v/s Everyone

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:53 am
houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:07 pm

I don't understand why an innocent person with the facts on their side wouldn't want this trial over yesterday. :ohno:

You'd think somebody who a) has nothing to hide and b) has been a victim all his life, would want that trial ASAP.
Because you haven’t been living in a Banana Republic long enough Blondi … can’t teach an old Dog new tricks
Its going to be hilarious when after all the effort to delay he still loses. He won't have any path to staying out of prison without firing up the mob again - and I bet the Capital Police would love the chance to get some payback......cops beating the fuck out of each other, redux.....surely this is the best of all possible worlds.... :lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:01 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:53 am

Because you haven’t been living in a Banana Republic long enough Blondi … can’t teach an old Dog new tricks
Its going to be hilarious when after all the effort to delay he still loses. He won't have any path to staying out of prison without firing up the mob again - and I bet the Capital Police would love the chance to get some payback......cops beating the fuck out of each other, redux.....surely this is the best of all possible worlds.... :lol:
If Trump goes to jail and Joey is not his cell mate the country will burn
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:04 am
houndawg wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:01 am

If Trump goes to jail and Joey is not his cell mate the country will burn
not really, it will just look that way, from the light cast by 10,000,000 splifs being lit up as the verdict is announced...
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Fact check: Trump, telling a completely fictional story, falsely claims he released ‘the tape’ of his Zelensky call
Speaking at a Saturday campaign rally in Ohio, Trump claimed he let Democrats make “wilder and wilder” claims about what he said to Zelensky, “and then we released the tape.” Trump proceeded to claim that when Democratic Rep. Nancy Pelosi of California, who was then the speaker of the House, “heard” this tape, she was angry that she had been deceived by her allies’ previous “false” descriptions of the call; he claimed that Pelosi said to “her people”: “What the hell did you get me into? You hear this call? He didn’t do any of this stuff!”

Trump claimed that Pelosi was told, “Let’s just pretend he did and keep going forward.” He continued, “After they made up the story and then after that they heard the tape, they died. They didn’t know that phone call was taped. That was one good case of a phone call being taped. And they were taped and they got caught.”

Facts First: Trump’s story is a complete fabrication. No tape of his call with Zelensky was ever released; Pelosi could not possibly have been angry with her allies after hearing a tape of the call because she has never heard a tape of the call. In fact, as of nearly five years after the July 2019 call, there is no known US recording of the conversation. What Trump’s White House actually released in September 2019 was a rough written transcript of the call — which corroborated, rather than contradicted, a government whistleblower’s central allegations about what Trump had said. Pelosi spokesperson Aaron Bennett said Sunday that Trump’s story is “fact-free nonsense.”
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:49 am Fact check: Trump, telling a completely fictional story, falsely claims he released ‘the tape’ of his Zelensky call
Speaking at a Saturday campaign rally in Ohio, Trump claimed he let Democrats make “wilder and wilder” claims about what he said to Zelensky, “and then we released the tape.” Trump proceeded to claim that when Democratic Rep. Nancy Pelosi of California, who was then the speaker of the House, “heard” this tape, she was angry that she had been deceived by her allies’ previous “false” descriptions of the call; he claimed that Pelosi said to “her people”: “What the hell did you get me into? You hear this call? He didn’t do any of this stuff!”

Trump claimed that Pelosi was told, “Let’s just pretend he did and keep going forward.” He continued, “After they made up the story and then after that they heard the tape, they died. They didn’t know that phone call was taped. That was one good case of a phone call being taped. And they were taped and they got caught.”

Facts First: Trump’s story is a complete fabrication. No tape of his call with Zelensky was ever released; Pelosi could not possibly have been angry with her allies after hearing a tape of the call because she has never heard a tape of the call. In fact, as of nearly five years after the July 2019 call, there is no known US recording of the conversation. What Trump’s White House actually released in September 2019 was a rough written transcript of the call — which corroborated, rather than contradicted, a government whistleblower’s central allegations about what Trump had said. Pelosi spokesperson Aaron Bennett said Sunday that Trump’s story is “fact-free nonsense.”
Ganny loses his shit when it gets mentioned but that doctor that suggested Trump's rapidly accelerating deterioration could be due to untreated syphilis should not be dismissed out of hand. His act is fast coming apart and the slope of his decline is increasing in real time as we watch. He has another bond due monday and so far more than 30 companies have refused his overtures. He is a very stressed out guy and Eric"..we have all the funding we need from Russia.." needs to get busy or Daddy gonna lose some buildings. :coffee:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:31 pm
Ganny loses his shit when it gets mentioned but that doctor that suggested Trump's rapidly accelerating deterioration could be due to untreated syphilis should not be dismissed out of hand. His act is fast coming apart and the slope of his decline is increasing in real time as we watch. He has another bond due monday and so far more than 30 companies have refused his overtures. He is a very stressed out guy and Eric"..we have all the funding we need from Russia.." needs to get busy or Daddy gonna lose some buildings. :coffee:
Or, you know, he could just be an old man and like Biden losing his cognitive abilities. You're the one who has this weird fascination to imagine what else it could be and to pin it to an STD. I never thought he was all that with it to begin with, but that's always been his schtick.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

I don't think I've ever seen Ganny lose his shit over that or anything. He's more proper in his criticism and mockery than you or I. Nothing wrong with that.

I like to give trump and his MAQA yahoos a taste of their own crude behavior. I loved it when SG got upset over my criticism of lara trump after it was crickets after years of similar MAQA yahoo insinuations about Democrats. trump can take the low road but no one else is allowed to.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:48 pm

Or, you know, he could just be an old man and like Biden losing his cognitive abilities. You're the one who has this weird fascination to imagine what else it could be and to pin it to an STD. I never thought he was all that with it to begin with, but that's always been his schtick.
He is but its happening in a different way. Joe has been riding into the sunset on a steady slope, Trump has taken a steep dive from his normal stream-of-consciousness jabber to to now describing events that he hallucinated - and yes, I was joking when I first mentioned STD - but then that red spots on the hand thing.. you go google up which diseases present red sores on the hands and tell us what you get - I know what I got when I did it but ymmv... so now I'm only partly joking when I call him a syphilitic gas bag :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:49 pm

I don't think I've ever seen Ganny lose his shit over that or anything. He's more proper in his criticism and mockery than you or I. Nothing wrong with that.

I like to give trump and his MAQA yahoos a taste of their own crude behavior. I loved it when SG got upset over my criticism of lara trump after it was crickets after years of similar MAQA yahoo insinuations about Democrats. trump can take the low road but no one else is allowed to.
Nothing at all wrong with that, but we all lose our shit in different ways so while ganny might seem mild compared to the average here... the average here isn't average
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Hardly. I was pointing out your false equivalency. You said Lara Trump slept her way to her RNC position. That is false, and is in no way close to 29 year old Kamala's affair with a 60 year old Willie Brown who then appointed her to two jobs with the State of California when they were dating.

You've been having trouble telling the truth recently.
California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board and the other was on the Medical Assistance Commission
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:26 pm

Hardly. I was pointing out your false equivalency. You said Lara Trump slept her way to her RNC position. That is false, and is in no way close to 29 year old Kamala's affair with a 60 year old Willie Brown who then appointed her to two jobs with the State of California when they were dating.

California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board and the other was on the Medical Assistance Commission
I don't know if he boned her or even grabbed her by the pussy, but its hard to picture Trump not demanding something for something, if you know what I mean - like his Ukraine deal. . :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:35 pm

I don't know if he boned her or even grabbed her by the pussy, but its hard to picture Trump not demanding something for something, if you know what I mean - like his Ukraine deal. . :coffee:
:lol: His son Eric's wife? Yes, Trump grabbed her pussy.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

A moral (or false) equivalency pissing match is something I’d avoid if I were MAGA.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:06 pm
houndawg wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:35 pm
:lol: His son Eric's wife? Yes, Trump grabbed her pussy.
He did? Probably while she was giving him a golden shower. :coffee:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

In a footnote, the filing laid out a list of "some of" the sureties that had been contacted about the bond by Trump's brokers, but which ultimately declined to back it. The list was as follows:

Applied Underwriters (SiriusPoint),
Allianz,
Amynta,
Arch,
Argo,
Ascot,
AXA XL,
Berkley,
Berkshire Hathaway,
CAP Specialty,
Chubb,
Cincinnati,
CNA Surety,
DUAL/Axis,
Everest Re,
Frankenmuth,
Hartford,
Hudson,
IAT (Harco),
Intact,
Liberty,
Munich Re,
Philadelphia Indemnity,
MainStreet (NGM),
Markel,
Nationwide,
RLI,
Skyward (Great Midwest),
Sompo,
Swiss Re,
Tokyo Marine HCC,
Travelers,
Zurich.
https://www.newsweek.com/full-list-comp ... nd-1880543
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:59 pm
In a footnote, the filing laid out a list of "some of" the sureties that had been contacted about the bond by Trump's brokers, but which ultimately declined to back it. The list was as follows:

Allianz,
Amynta,
Arch,
Argo,
Ascot,
AXA XL,
Berkley,
Berkshire Hathaway,
CAP Specialty,
Chubb,
Cincinnati,
CNA Surety,
DUAL/Axis,
Everest Re,
Frankenmuth,
Hartford,
Hudson,
IAT (Harco),
Intact,
Liberty,
Munich Re,
Philadelphia Indemnity,
MainStreet (NGM),
Markel,
Nationwide,
RLI,
Skyward (Great Midwest),
Sompo,
Swiss Re,
Tokyo Marine HCC,
Travelers,
Zurich.
I wonder how they make the decision as to which properties to seize?

I'd like to see them take Mar a Lago just to rub his nose in it but it isn't worth anywhere near enough money. Maybe Mar a Lago and a couple of golf courses - the course in Scotland comes with an elderly Scottish lady holding a "Trump is a cunt" sign
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

Peter Navarro reports to prison in Miami today. Essentially going to prison for Trump.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:56 am

I'd like to see them take Mar a Lago just to rub his nose in it but it isn't worth anywhere near enough money. Maybe Mar a Lago and a couple of golf courses - the course in Scotland comes with an elderly Scottish lady holding a "Trump is a cunt" sign
As long as they put some thought into this and not create a PR win for Trump. This case was already one that could be defined as a "lawfare" type case rather than the real meaty ones that involve real wrongdoing with damages, so mis-stepping here could just keep helping to feed the beast.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:32 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:56 am

As long as they put some thought into this and not create a PR win for Trump. This case was already one that could be defined as a "lawfare" type case rather than the real meaty ones that involve real wrongdoing with damages, so mis-stepping here could just keep helping to feed the beast.
It’s sad that defrauding the government millions is considered lawfare.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:47 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:32 am

The govt was defrauded $0.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:49 am
kalm wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:47 am

My bad. He defrauded the entire system.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:59 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:49 am
No one was defrauded anything. There were no victims.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:11 am
kalm wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:59 am
No one was defrauded anything. There were no victims.
Lots of crimes have no victims, illegal drug use for one.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:59 pm

Allianz,
Amynta,
Arch,
Argo,
Ascot,
AXA XL,
Berkley,
Berkshire Hathaway,
CAP Specialty,
Chubb,
Cincinnati,
CNA Surety,
DUAL/Axis,
Everest Re,
Frankenmuth,
Hartford,
Hudson,
IAT (Harco),
Intact,
Liberty,
Munich Re,
Philadelphia Indemnity,
MainStreet (NGM),
Markel,
Nationwide,
RLI,
Skyward (Great Midwest),
Sompo,
Swiss Re,
Tokyo Marine HCC,
Travelers,
Zurich.
I'm no expert but I would think that a shrewd negotiator and author of "The Art of the Deal" could get a bond. The problem might be that the sureties don't know if they can trust the value of his properties. Maybe it's a question of how much property he has to put up as collateral.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

It’s amazing watching the entire world fall apart on Joe Bobos watch, yet it’s still all about get Trump … and only because he won