kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Team Trump v/s Everyone

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:04 am
kalm wrote:Transcripts of phone messages left for Judge Engoron in the NY Supreme Court case.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... r_affirm_9
Why are you lashing out at trump? He didn’t tell those people to leave those messages. It isn’t his fault. He’s just finally standing up and fighting back the way Republicans should have a long time ago.

Stop your weaponized witch hunt and this will stop.

:sarcasm:
More explanation of what this means. From a filed affirmation by a court officer who works as a captain in the Judicial Threats Assessment Unit…

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:04 am Why are you lashing out at trump? He didn’t tell those people to leave those messages. It isn’t his fault. He’s just finally standing up and fighting back the way Republicans should have a long time ago.

More explanation of what this means. From a filed affirmation by a court officer who works as a captain in the Judicial Threats Assessment Unit…

Fake news. The establishment and MSM are making stuff up to get trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:44 pm
kalm wrote:

Fake news. The establishment and MSM are making stuff up to get trump.

While giving Joey Rotten’s crime family a total pass. :ohno:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:24 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:04 am

Why are you lashing out at trump? He didn’t tell those people to leave those messages. It isn’t his fault. He’s just finally standing up and fighting back the way Republicans should have a long time ago.

:rofl: Listen to you old hens go!
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:25 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:24 pm

So you agree with this behavior?

Cool.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
kalm wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:24 pm More explanation of what this means. From a filed affirmation by a court officer who works as a captain in the Judicial Threats Assessment Unit…

We’re just trying to fit in with you MAGAt yahoos. Are we doing it wrong? I tried to use the same words you and BDKKKaren have. Can you coach us? :coffee:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Pence did the right thing. There are members of Congress who should be prosecuted.

At the same time, Trump was privately pressing Pence to reject certain votes at the Jan. 6 proceedings and block certification of the election -- and Trump even suggested to Pence that perhaps he should skip the session altogether, Pence allegedly told Smith's team. But, according to sources, Pence told investigators that he "clearly and repeatedly" emphasized to Trump that rejecting certain votes would violate the Constitution.

MORE: Mike Pence subpoenaed by special counsel overseeing Trump probes: Sources
"I told him I thought there was no idea more un-American than the idea that any one person could decide what electoral votes to count," Pence allegedly told Smith's team, echoing what he has said before in his book and other public forums. "I made it very plain to him that it was inconsistent with our history and tradition."

Pence insisted that in America, under the Constitution establishing three co-equal branches of government, election disputes are resolved by courts and elected lawmakers, sources said.

But, the sources said, with the pressure on Pence mounting, he concluded on Christmas Eve -- just for a moment -- that he would follow Trump's suggestion and let someone else preside over the proceedings on Jan. 6, writing in his notes that doing otherwise would be "too hurtful to my friend."

"Not feeling like I should attend electoral count," Pence wrote in his notes in late December. "Too many questions, too many doubts, too hurtful to my friend. Therefore I'm not going to participate in certification of election."

Then, sitting across the table from his son, a Marine, while on vacation in Colorado, his son said to him, "Dad, you took the same oath I took" -- it was "an oath to support and defend the Constitution," Pence recalled to Smith's investigators, sources said.

That's when Pence decided he would be at the Capitol on Jan. 6 after all, according to the sources.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

This is needed. Rule of law and such.
The indictment alleges Crosby and Judd conspired to delay Cochise county’s vote canvass and knowingly interfered with the secretary of state’s ability to complete a statewide vote canvass on time.

The two supervisors have repeatedly pushed false election claims and sought a hand count of all ballots, later deemed illegal.

Earlier this year Democratic attorney general of Arizona, Kris Mayes, vowed to prosecute over election interference issues in the swing state, which has seen all manner of election denialism since the 2020 election.

“The repeated attempts to undermine our democracy are unacceptable,” Mayes said in a statement. “I took an oath to uphold the rule of law, and my office will continue to enforce Arizona’s elections laws and support our election officials as they carry out the duties and responsibilities of their offices.”
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ction-2022
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Trump's gag order reinstated by court in NY civil fraud case
A New York appellate court on Thursday reinstated a gag order that barred former U.S. President Donald Trump and his lawyers from making public statements about court staff in an ongoing civil fraud trial case, court records showed.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Pro tip for MAGA.

When a state Supreme Court rules against your candidacy based on the 14th amendment, reacting with calls for civil war is not a good look.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Lol a democrat state supreme court interfering in a federal election, convicted of no crime, going to be overturned by SCOTUS.. :nod:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:11 pm Pro tip for MAGA.

When a state Supreme Court rules against your candidacy based on the 14th amendment, reacting with calls for civil war is not a good look.
There you go again. " It isn't a good look". Just can't help yourself moralizing Klam

Have we had a civil war, or are you just being a highly sensitive moralizing butthole?

My money is on the butthole part.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:

There you go again. " It isn't a good look". Just can't help yourself moralizing Klam

Have we had a civil war, or are you just being a highly sensitive moralizing butthole?

Stop fantasizing about kalm’s butthole. ;)

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:Lol a democrat state supreme court interfering in a federal election, convicted of no crime yet, going to be overturned by SCOTUS.. :nod:
FYP

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:36 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:

Stop fantasizing about kalm’s butthole. ;)

Dang it. It's a big butthole. I'll try harder.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:01 pm

The irony…you and BDK are missing it.

Regardless of your desires.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Pro tip for resistlibs

When you claim to be the pro democracy side trying to disqualify someone from running because you think he's a doodoohead is a bad look.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:38 am Pro tip for resistlibs

When you claim to be the pro democracy side trying to disqualify someone from running because you think he's a doodoohead is a bad look.
So you disagree with the 14th Amendment and due process?
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

So you support banana republic tactics. Welcome to Puerto Rico my friend. I’m already here enjoying the palm trees and the Playa because if you’re gonna live in a banana Republic, you need to have a good things that come with it.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:28 am

So you support banana republic tactics. Welcome to Puerto Rico my friend. I’m already here enjoying the palm trees and the Playa because if you’re gonna live in a banana Republic, you need to have a good things that come with it.
Kalm is apparently against free and fair elections..
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:46 am

The irony is that the decision by the Colorado Supreme Court flies in the face of actual due process. There was no due process here - folks used a rather limited Colorado electoral code law and stretched it to get their desired outcome. And even further ironic, they had a state use the 14th amendment to assume a power that had never been ceded by the federal government. Considering the 14th amendment has historically been seen as the amendment that further asserted federal power over the states, having a state turn that on its head is almost the definition of irony.

At this point, it's not a question of if the SCOTUS will overturn this, they most assuredly will. The question is whether they do it with a unanimous court or if there is any judge who'll dissent. Heck, the Colorado court was entirely democrats and they split 4-3 on this. Getting Trump off the ballot would be a fantastic outcome for America (heck, you could argue that once Trump is off the ballot, the Dems would enact plan B and replace Biden with an actual, lucid candidate), but we can't just wish him off the ballot with such a mediocre attempt at a judicial path to do so.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:28 am

The irony is that the decision by the Colorado Supreme Court flies in the face of actual due process. There was no due process here - folks used a rather limited Colorado electoral code law and stretched it to get their desired outcome. And even further ironic, they had a state use the 14th amendment to assume a power that had never been ceded by the federal government. Considering the 14th amendment has historically been seen as the amendment that further asserted federal power over the states, having a state turn that on its head is almost the definition of irony.

At this point, it's not a question of if the SCOTUS will overturn this, they most assuredly will. The question is whether they do it with a unanimous court or if there is any judge who'll dissent. Heck, the Colorado court was entirely democrats and they split 4-3 on this. Getting Trump off the ballot would be a fantastic outcome for America (heck, you could argue that once Trump is off the ballot, the Dems would enact plan B and replace Biden with an actual, lucid candidate), but we can't just wish him off the ballot with such a mediocre attempt at a judicial path to do so.
The 3 dissenting opinions were procedural regarding Colorado Law. SCOTUS won’t consider them. In essence it was a 7-0 decision.

Due process protects the rights of the accused as well as the state.

If Trump wants his insurrection innocence proven in a court of law he shouldn’t be continuously delaying all cases. The fact he’s arguing for immunity is hilarious.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Damn Trump must be pretty old to have been a confederate fighting for the South in the War Between the States.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:45 am
GannonFan wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:28 am

The 3 dissenting opinions were procedural regarding Colorado Law. SCOTUS won’t consider them. In essence it was a 7-0 decision.

If Trump wants his insurrection innocence proven in a court of law he shouldn’t be continuously delaying all cases. The fact he’s arguing for immunity is hilarious.
Newsflash- in America we have this thing called innoncent until proven guilty. Its not guilty until proven innocent.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:14 am
kalm wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:45 am

Newsflash- in America we have this thing called innoncent until proven guilty. Its not guilty until proven innocent.
Exactly. So he should want a speedy trial. Also, does applying the 14th require a criminal prosecution? It will be interesting to see how SCOTUS deals with this.