Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: Nashville Christian School massacre

Post by Baldy »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:43 am
Baldy wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:25 am
That's beyond both your and my pay grade.

I do know (as do you) that playing along and enabling these children with their mental illnesses certainly isn't the answer.
I don't believe in allowing "underage children to mutilate their bodies" but I also don't think children who question their biological gender are necessarily suffering from a mental illness either. We shouldn't be enabling them to change their bodies but we should be giving them compassion not hatred.

Maybe bigotry and bullying should be considered indicative of mental illnesses.
In most cases they aren't suffering from a mental illness. It is something that lots of kids 'suffer' from, but most children "figure it out" before puberty. For the small percentage who don't, chances are that it could very well be a mental disorder. The main problem in many cases like this are the parents, not the children.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:11 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:41 am

I was replying to this:

"these children" is clearly plural and was a general statement. Not anything specific about the shooter.
Ok…how many of “these children” are shooting up schools? Is it that the topic? Is it a pandemic? You seem to be conflating how a society views transgenderism as an answer to the topic at hand which is school shootings. Just using your words and the context here.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:12 pm Dejavu:
-Mentally ill person: was transgendered, was currently under the care of a doctor for an ‘emotional disorder’.
-Before the bodies were even cold the left was shamelessly expoliting this tragedy for political reasons.
-Laws already in place to prevent a mentally ill individual from purchasing firearms weren’t utilized because signs were missed, and the right hand wasn’t talking to the left hand.
Was the left the only group "shamelessly exploiting this tragedy for political reasons"?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:45 pm
-Mentally ill person: was transgendered, was currently under the care of a doctor for an ‘emotional disorder’.
-Before the bodies were even cold the left was shamelessly expoliting this tragedy for political reasons.
-Laws already in place to prevent a mentally ill individual from purchasing firearms weren’t utilized because signs were missed, and the right hand wasn’t talking to the left hand.
Was the left the only group "shamelessly exploiting this tragedy for political reasons"?
Broadly, yes.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:53 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:45 pm
Broadly, yes.
There you go trying to restrict the discussion so that it favors the point(s) you want to make.

Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:40 pm
Baldy wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:11 pm
"these children" is clearly plural and was a general statement. Not anything specific about the shooter.
Ok…how many of “these children” are shooting up schools? Is it that the topic? Is it a pandemic? You seem to be conflating how a society views transgenderism as an answer to the topic at hand which is school shootings. Just using your words and the context here.
It's not just school shootings, it's mass shootings.
Anderson Aldrich, identifies as Trans/non-binary committed the Club Q mass shooting
Alec McKinney, identifies as Trans committed the STEM School Highlands Ranch mass shooting
Snochia Moseley, identified as Trans committed the Rite Aid distribution center mass shooting

The whole Trans fad is a very recent phenomenon, but this is now at least the 4th mass shooting committed by a Trans identifier in recent years. How's that for context?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Within hours after the shooting:

This is from the admin that gave hundreds of thousaands of real assault rifles to a terrorist supporting government (the Taliban). That have credibility when it comes to gun control.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:34 pm

Anderson Aldrich, identifies as Trans/non-binary committed the Club Q mass shooting
Alec McKinney, identifies as Trans committed the STEM School Highlands Ranch mass shooting
Snochia Moseley, identified as Trans committed the Rite Aid distribution center mass shooting

The whole Trans fad is a very recent phenomenon, but this is now at least the 4th mass shooting committed by a Trans identifier in recent years. How's that for context?
How many mass shootings are there in the US? To what degree did specifically being trans contribute to their mental illness? Or were there other factors? To steal from Skelly, how do these numbers stack up to mass shootings and trans rates in other countries?

More importantly, if your concerns are correct, what are your solutions?

Side note: the fad of keto diets is a recent phenomena. 4 of the mass shootings in the past year were perpetrated by people who favor lower carbs and high protein. Keep your eye on this!
Last edited by kalm on Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Baldy wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:19 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:43 am
I don't believe in allowing "underage children to mutilate their bodies" but I also don't think children who question their biological gender are necessarily suffering from a mental illness either. We shouldn't be enabling them to change their bodies but we should be giving them compassion not hatred.

Maybe bigotry and bullying should be considered indicative of mental illnesses.
In most cases they aren't suffering from a mental illness. It is something that lots of kids 'suffer' from, but most children "figure it out" before puberty. For the small percentage who don't, chances are that it could very well be a mental disorder. The main problem in many cases like this are the parents, not the children.
Sure it could be a mental disorder or it could be that they're psychologically a different gender or gender fluid.

While not yet recognized as a mental disorder, an argument could be made that xenophobia is one. Maybe the people who fear LGBTQ+ should focus on their own mental health issues. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:38 pm Image
Is focusing on the transgender aspect different than focusing on race when the shooter is white?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:20 pm
Wait…you mean the ones who are opposed to funding mental health and gun legislation feeling targeted?
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:47 pm

How many mass shoutings are there in the US? To what degree did specifically being trans contribute to their mental illness? Or were there other factors? To steal from Skelly, how do these numbers stack up to mass shootings and trans rates in other countries?

Side note: the fad of keto diets is a recent phenomena. 4 of the mass shootings in the past year were perpetrated by people who favor lower carbs and high protein. Keep your eye on this!
If you're having to steal material from felchy in a flailing attempt to make a point, you've already lost.

The media tried their best to detach the Club Q shooter's chosen identity from him in an attempt to cast the shooting off as just another angry white male going on a rampage. The people who connect every mass shooting with Republicans, the NRA, "toxic masculinity", etc. can get absolutely fucked with this.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:07 am

So how do we fix the mental illness?

I do know (as do you) that playing along and enabling these children with their mental illnesses certainly isn't the answer.
Weak. :ohno:

Republicans have zero interest in funding anything to do with improving mental health. Period.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Sounds like this is a crowd that you shouldn't piss off. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

How many mass shootings are there in the US? To what degree did specifically being trans contribute to their mental illness? Or were there other factors? To steal from Skelly, how do these numbers stack up to mass shootings and trans rates in other countries?

..keto was in back when the Atkins diet was the flavor of the month, the data may already be out there.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:09 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:53 pm
Broadly, yes.
There you go trying to restrict the discussion so that it favors the point(s) you want to make.

Sounds like your Ukraine debate tactic. :lol: :kisswink:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:18 pm

Weak. :ohno:

Republicans have zero interest in funding anything to do with improving mental health. Period.
Is that why you're messed up? Can't get funding? :kisswink:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:45 pm

How many mass shoutings are there in the US? To what degree did specifically being trans contribute to their mental illness? Or were there other factors? To steal from Skelly, how do these numbers stack up to mass shootings and trans rates in other countries?

If you're having to steal material from felchy in a flailing attempt to make a point, you've already lost.

The media tried their best to detach the Club Q shooter's chosen identity from him in an attempt to cast the shooting off as just another angry white male going on a rampage. The people who connect every mass shooting with Republicans, the NRA, "toxic masculinity", etc. can get absolutely fucked with this.

:lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:11 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:09 pm

Awesome! That means I'm winning the argument. :lol:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:37 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:11 pm

Awesome! That means I'm winning the argument. :lol:
:doh:
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:19 pm
Baldy wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:45 pm

:lol:

:grenade:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

What galls me is the complete lack of sportsmanship involved. Fair play demands that there be a limit on the number of rounds a sporting weapon can hold and the kids should be given every opportunity to provide a moving target for the sportsperson. The way they hunt kids now days is the equivalent of fishing with dynamite; no talent required, anybody can do it. :ohno: