Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Here we go again- Memphis

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:06 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:52 pm
No it isn’t. You introduced a red herring that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
You made "How do they feel about Federal law enforcement in red areas?" relevant when you bolded "everyone hates you" in Ganny's post about the con's of being a police officer and posted "In blue cities, true for most of the population (minorities and libs). In red areas I think its the opposite for the majority of the population."

Do you want to answer the question or keep avoiding it because it highlights that MAGAts only care about law & order when they're not the targets of investigations. :coffee:
Because we were clearly talking about local/state law enforcement.

I think the majority of red America is supportive of the majority of fed law enforcement agencies (By far the biggest agency is CBP) Most of that current negativity by conks towards fed law enforcement you refer to is focused on the DOJ & FBI the last 6-7 years with their uber politization.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:01 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:06 pm
You made "How do they feel about Federal law enforcement in red areas?" relevant when you bolded "everyone hates you" in Ganny's post about the con's of being a police officer and posted "In blue cities, true for most of the population (minorities and libs). In red areas I think its the opposite for the majority of the population."

Do you want to answer the question or keep avoiding it because it highlights that MAGAts only care about law & order when they're not the targets of investigations. :coffee:
Because I want to limit the discussion to local/state law enforcement.

I think the majority of red America is supportive of the majority of fed law enforcement agencies (By far the biggest agency is CBP) Most of that current negativity by conks towards fed law enforcement you refer to is focused on the DOJ & FBI the last 6-7 years with their uber politization.
FY first sentence.

Your second paragraph is probably accurate.

The juxtaposition on the DoJ/FBI is fun to point out because it brings out BDKaren nitpicking.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:06 pm

FY first sentence.

The juxtaposition on the DoJ/FBI is fun to point out because it brings out BDKaren nitpicking.
No cops.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:29 pm These people have zero reason to be protesting something that happened in a different city, in a different state, in a different part of the country. All they’re interested in is creating mayhem- destroying property and acts if violence, be it themselves, or egging other on to do so. And if course for the cameras.

It's called "saluting the uniform"... :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

FY first sentence.

Its not nitpicking when as you acknowledged its probably accurate. Just a handful of the examples I can think of off the top of my head:
-their dealing with the Clinton private server/classified e-mails.
-their involvement in the Trump/Russia collusion hoax
-sending a full tactical team (100% unecessary) to do an early morning raid on Roger Stone, tipling off CNN in the process so they could get embarrassing photos of Stone in handcuffs in his silk pajamas.
-their handling of the of Hunter’s laptop.
-labeling parents protesting school shutdowns & mask mandates domestic terrorists.
-Mar a Lago raid.
-Appearing to go after abortion protestors more than they go after people who commit extreme vandalism against family planning clinics (ex sending several doz agents in tactical gear to arrest a non violent abortion protestor). See recent hearings where Garland has been grilled about this.
-etc, etc, etc
All of that was DOJ directed or driven by FBI senior leadership. Anecdotal but a JMU buddy of mine’s dad was FBI retired as the ASAC of the Richmond (VA) Field Office in the late 90s. Talking to him last year (he’s in his mid/late 70s) he was railing how the FBI had become extremely politicized, completely unlike back when he was in..
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:27 am

FY first sentence.

Its not nitpicking when as you acknowledged its probably accurate. Just a handful of the examples I can think of off the top of my head:
-sending a full tactical team (100% unecessary) to do an early morning raid on Roger Stone, tipling off CNN in the process so they could get embarrassing photos of Stone in handcuffs in his silk pajamas.
-labeling parents protesting school shutdowns & mask mandates domestic terrorists.
-Mar a Lago raid.
-Appearing to go after abortion protestors more than they go after people who commit extreme vandalism against family planning clinics (ex sending several doz agents in tactical gear to arrest a non violent abortion protestor). See recent hearings where Garland has been grilled about this.
-etc, etc, etc
All of that was DOJ directed or driven by FBI senior leadership. Anecdotal but a JMU buddy of mine’s dad was FBI retired as the ASAC of the Richmond (VA) Field Office in the late 90s. Talking to him last year (he’s in his mid/late 70s) he was railing how the FBI had become extremely politicized, completely unlike back when he was in..
Yeah there wasn't no politics back in J Edgar's day! :rofl: :grizo1:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:48 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:27 am
-Mar a Lago raid.
-etc, etc, etc
Yeah there wasn't no politics back in J Edgar's day! :rofl: :grizo1:
This guy was like mid 70s to late 90s, post Hoover, but pre 9/11, when the FBI went through a major transformation from a traditional law enforcement agency into a counterintelligence agency. Sure the FBI had political influence going back to Hoover, but nothing like now. As a former 33 yr agent pointed out:
The ethics of an intelligence agency is different from a law enforcement agency. In a traditional law enforcement agency, agents live every day for the time to come when they get on the witness stand and say nothing but the truth. But an intelligence agency deals with lies and disruption. It’s a whole different mindset between the two.”…

…He said law enforcement agencies deal with facts, but counterintelligence organizations are more willing to bend the rules or fudge truths to appease political masters.

Mr. Baker said the heavy-handed tactics in politically charged cases stem from Mr. Mueller’s transformation of the FBI into a counterintelligence agency.

In the aftermath of the Sept. 11 attacks, Mr. Mueller dramatically shifted the FBI’s priorities to focus on counterterrorism, counterintelligence and cybersecurity. He reorganized the bureau’s structure to create five branches, including three focused on national security and counterintelligence…

…Mr. Baker said a direct line can be traced from that reorganization to the questions of partisanship that have dogged the bureau for the past six years...
https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2022 ... rmer-agen/
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:06 pm FY first sentence.

-Mar a Lago raid.
-etc, etc, etc
So it is relevant and you don’t want to limit discussion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:48 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Its not nitpicking when as you acknowledged its probably accurate. Just a handful of the examples I can think of off the top of my head:
-Mar a Lago raid.
-etc, etc, etc

Its not relevant to a discussion about local/state law enforcememt.

If we’re talking strictly FCS football, FBS isn’t relevant to the discussion. They’re both football. They’re both college football. But 2 different topics.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:21 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:48 pm

If we’re talking strictly FCS football, FBS isn’t relevant to the discussion. They’re both football. They’re both college football. But 2 different topics.
You want to limit the discussion to local/state law enforcement. I don't and I won't let you restrict what I post about.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:15 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:21 pm

You want to limit the discussion to local/state law enforcement. I don't and I won't let you restrict what I post about.
Well then don’t get in a coniption if I ignore your question like I did at 1st..
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:15 pm You want to limit the discussion to local/state law enforcement. I don't and I won't let you restrict what I post about.
Well then don’t get in a coniption if I ignore your question like I did at 1st..
If you ignored my post we wouldn’t be discussing it.