BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Here we go again- Memphis

Post by BDKJMU »

https://www.mediaite.com/news/breaking- ... e-nichols/

Nevermind. All 5 officers charged and the police chief are black, so can’t be racism.
https://news.yahoo.com/know-5-memphis-p ... 04557.html
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Here we go agaim- Memphis

Post by kalm »

Fucking brutal but sadly neither surprising or isolated.

This is why younger generations hate cops and authority. They’ve been given plenty of reasons to.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Here we go agaim- Memphis

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:02 pm Fucking brutal but sadly neither surprising or isolated.

This is why younger generations hate cops and authority. They’ve been given plenty of reasons to.
:nod:

The only thing new is the videos
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: Here we go again- Memphis

Post by Pwns »

Just going to summarize my thinking with a few points:

1. Police killings are rare and inevitable.
2. If you want more rigorous training for cops you might can lower the deaths somewhat but you're going to have to be willing to increase police salaries. You get what you pay for.
3. Fair or not, blacks are more vulnerable from being more likely to resist arrest, assault officers, brandish weapons, and commit crimes.
4. Increasing police officer diversity isn't going to do jack schit to decrease unjustifiable killings.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Now just imagine the reaction if these 5 cops were white… :coffee:

The nationwide MSM would be wall to wall coverage, and BLANTIFA would be rioting and burning shit down nationwide like in the 2020 summer of riots, if these 5 cops were white. But to BLM, black lives only matter when killed by whites, which means to BLM, aka Buy Large Mansions, the majority of black lives don’t matter..
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:52 am Just going to summarize my thinking with a few points:

2. If you want more rigorous training for cops you might can lower the deaths somewhat but you're going to have to be willing to increase police salaries. You get what you pay for.
3. Fair or not, blacks are more vulnerable from being more likely to resist arrest, assault officers, brandish weapons, and commit crimes.
4. Increasing police officer diversity isn't going to do jack schit to decrease unjustifiable killings.
Mine.

1). This is a very sad incident.

2). It starts with increased training and education. College degree mandatory, greater emphasis on conflict resolution.

3). Increasing diversity is obviously a positive thing.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

In today's hyper woke society, I would think black cops would tend to be harder on black suspects- don't have to worry about being accused of being racist..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

These people have zero reason to be protesting something that happened in a different city, in a different state, in a different part of the country. All they’re interested in is creating mayhem- destroying property and acts if violence, be it themselves, or egging other on to do so. And if course for the cameras.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:07 am Now just imagine the reaction if these 5 cops were white… :coffee:

The nationwide MSM would be wall to wall coverage, and BLANTIFA would be rioting and burning shit down nationwide like in the 2020 summer of riots, if these 5 cops were white. But to BLM, black lives only matter when killed by whites, which means to BLM, aka Buy Large Mansions, the majority of black lives don’t matter..
If they were white they would be on administrative leave with pay until a thorough investigation was performed and the officers were cleared of any wrong doing.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:29 pm These people have zero reason to be protesting something that happened in a different city, in a different state, in a different part of the country. All they’re interested in is creating mayhem- destroying property and acts if violence, be it themselves, or egging other on to do so. And if course for the cameras.

It ain't going nowhere until good cops start calling out bad cops.
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

The rumor is that Tyre was sleeping with one of the cops wife/girlfriend. That's why there was no probable cause for the stop and why it happened in a place he was likely to be... His mom's house.

If true, this was a vendetta and planned murder.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

bobbythekidd wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:14 pm The rumor is that Tyre was sleeping with one of the cops wife/girlfriend. That's why there was no probable cause for the stop and why it happened in a place he was likely to be... His mom's house.

If true it may require an ass-kicking, and a different wife/gf, but it doesn't warrant an execution.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:56 am
bobbythekidd wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:14 pm The rumor is that Tyre was sleeping with one of the cops wife/girlfriend. That's why there was no probable cause for the stop and why it happened in a place he was likely to be... His mom's house.

If true it may require an ass-kicking, and a different wife/gf, but it doesn't warrant an execution.
'hood justice. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:11 pm
houndawg wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:56 am

'hood justice. :coffee:
you do that off duty out of uniform :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:07 pm
Pwns wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:52 am Just going to summarize my thinking with a few points:

Mine.

2). It starts with increased training and education. College degree mandatory, greater emphasis on conflict resolution.

You do know that "increasing diversity" has caused the lowering of standards don't you?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:44 am
kalm wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:07 pm

Mine.

You do know that "increasing diversity" has caused the lowering of standards don't you?
But does it have to?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:45 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:44 am

But does it have to?
It shouldn't, but when the toxic narrative that all cops are turds is allowed to falsely label those cops, you have to lower standards to get anyone to fill the thankless position.

In agreement with your post, I used to work with an Eritrean, Korean, Filipino, Bosnian, Italian/Chinese and two American coworkers when I worked on the data analytics team. We all got along great.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... e-nichols/

Story in Wapo about how due to recruitment problems the Memphis PD are lowering standards and letting in recruits that don't pass exams or pass firearm proficiency tests. Social justice ideology sure seems to lead to lower-quality policing.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Pwns wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:47 pm https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... e-nichols/

Story in Wapo about how due to recruitment problems the Memphis PD are lowering standards and letting in recruits that don't pass exams or pass firearm proficiency tests. Social justice ideology sure seems to lead to lower-quality policing.
I don't know why anyone would want to be a cop. Low pay, tough hours, virtually every second of your job is recorded, you frequently have to engage in high risk scenarios, death on the job is a very real risk, and everyone hates you. Amazing that we can't recruit high quality folks into that type of job. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:45 am
Pwns wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:47 pm https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... e-nichols/

I don't know why anyone would want to be a cop. Low pay, tough hours, virtually every second of your job is recorded, you frequently have to engage in high risk scenarios, death on the job is a very real risk, and everyone hates you. Amazing that we can't recruit high quality folks into that type of job. :coffee:
In blue cities, true for most of the population (minorities and libs). In red areas I think its the opposite for the majority of the population.

And virtually every major city in America (almost all blue) are facing the same thing over the last 3 years:
-a big shortfall in the # of police due to waves of resignations, retirements, and not being able to hire enough.
-skyrocketing crime rates.
-soft on crime policies from lib DAs, city councils & mayors
And the problem is only going to get worse.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:46 pm
GannonFan wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:45 am
In blue cities, true for most of the population (minorities and libs). In red areas I think its the opposite for the majority of the population.

And virtually every major city in America (almost all blue) are facing the same thing over the last 3 years:
-a big shortfall in the # of police due to waves of resignations, retirements, and not being able to hire enough.
How do they feel about Federal law enforcement in red areas?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:29 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:46 pm

That’s irrelevant because that’s not who they’re mostly interacting with. 90 some percent of law enforcement is local & state.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:40 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:29 pm
That’s irrelevant because that’s not who they’re mostly interacting with. 90 some percent of law enforcement is local & state.
It's deflection on your part because you don't want to answer the question.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:49 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:40 pm
No it isn’t. You introduced a red herring that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:52 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:49 pm

No it isn’t. You introduced a red herring that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
You made "How do they feel about Federal law enforcement in red areas?" relevant when you bolded "everyone hates you" in Ganny's post about the con's of being a police officer and posted "In blue cities, true for most of the population (minorities and libs). In red areas I think its the opposite for the majority of the population."

Do you want to answer the question or keep avoiding it because it highlights that MAGAts only care about law & order when they're not the targets of investigations. :coffee: