Biden’s mishandling of classified documents.

Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Biden’s mishandling of classified documents.

Post by BDKJMU »

Cache #4? I can't even keep track now...breaking today:

More classified documents found at Biden’s home by lawyers
https://apnews.com/article/biden-united ... 5205df3dc0
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

The best part is where Biden's lawyers are doing the searching, but don't have security clearances to view the documents, once found! Not like I give a shit, just thought that aspect was typical of DC.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:42 pm The House right now needs to begin hearings on Biden’s mishandling of classified docs. Mayve have a select committee with nationally televised hearings like the 1/6 committee.. :coffee:
I'd give Jim Jordan and his crowd of buffoons all the air time they want. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:49 pm Cache #4? I can't even keep track now...breaking today:

More classified documents found at Biden’s home by lawyers
https://apnews.com/article/biden-united ... 5205df3dc0
wow...and still no obstruction of justice? You gotta have that OJ or this whole thing becomes just another failed Benghazi investigation. The one where Trey Gowdy looked soulfully into the camera and said" "..there's nothing there."
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

So, IF Biden gets the boot, how obvious will it be this was orchestrated?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:57 am So, IF Biden gets the boot, how obvious will it be this was orchestrated?
So, IF this is obviously orchestrated why wouldn't he get the boot? :?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:47 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:57 am So, IF Biden gets the boot, how obvious will it be this was orchestrated?
It’s a Fox News rumor. Although it’s plausible.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Because even though I think Biden is a doof, I find it highly unprobable his attorneys just happened to be milling around his old office, or even his home and THEN rat him out instead of just shredding the shit?

Plus add to the fact you've got conservative pundits laughing over the absurdity of it all. They all deal with way over classified shit, but NOW it's a problem?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:07 pm

Because even though I think Biden is a doof, I find it highly unprobable his attorneys just happened to be milling around his old office, or even his home and THEN rat him out instead of just shredding the shit?

Plus add to the fact you've got conservative pundits laughing over the absurdity of it all. They all deal with way over classified shit, but NOW it's a problem?
Yeah, they reportedly found doc classified docs on 11/2, 12/20, 1/5, and 1/12.
On 1/9 (last Mon) the WH reports classified docs found on 11/2.
On 1/11 they report docs found on 12/20.
On 1/12 they report docs found on 1/5.

If this wasn't orchestrated, why wouldn't they have just destroyed the docs? No one would have known.
If this wasn't orchestrated, instead of drip, drip, drip, why wouldn't they report the 1st 3 discoveries all at once?

This has to be 1 of 2 things:
1.Orchestrated by elements within the left/democrat party to get rid of Biden. They've been thinking for the last 3 years there's no way in hell he's going to run next year (next 4 year term, if he lives, he'd be 82 to 86 years old). The dementia is increasing, and there's obviously zero chance he get through another term cognitively. But now he's probably privately told people he's running next year. How do the power players in the democrat party convince him not to run? They have to come up with something by this summer to get him to change his mind and announce he's not running next year. This seems like a logical explanation.
2. Mind blowing incompetence by not only Biden, but by the Biden admin. While they are incompetent, I don't think they are THIS incompetent.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:11 pm

If this wasn't orchestrated, why wouldn't they have just destroyed the docs? No one would have known.
If this wasn't orchestrated, instead of drip, drip, drip, why wouldn't they report the 1st 3 discoveries all at once?

1.Orchestrated by elements within the left/democrat party to get rid of Biden. They've been thinking for the last 3 years there's no way in hell he's going to run next year (next 4 year term, if he lives, he'd be 82 to 86 years old). The dementia is increasing, and there's obviously zero chance he get through another term cognitively. But now he's probably privately told people he's running next year. How do the power players in the democrat party convince him not to run? They have to come up with something by this summer to get him to change his mind and announce he's not running next year. This seems like a logical explanation.
2. Mind blowing incompetence by not only Biden, but by the Biden admin. While they are incompetent, I don't think they are THIS incompetent.
"Do not be too quick to ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by stupidity" - Somebody

So we're on the same page now with mishandling classified documents being a bad thing? As opposed to "just a bookkeeping error"?
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Haven't been reading this thread since I think I made a one post on it early on. Just dropping in that I just have to shake my head at how intellectually dishonest the Republicans are. I mean, it's really bad.

The instance that made me think that this morning was Congressman James Comer said that it's not the classified documents being mishandled that bothers him. Instead, he said, it's the double standard whereby Trump has a warrant served on him, had his place searched, etc.

I mean, that is just SO ridiculous. Trump did not report that he had documents that legally belonged at the National Archives. The National Archives recognized that he had a bunch (hundreds) of them and tried for more than a year to get them back while he jerked them around. He lied about what he had. He claimed the documents actually belong to him. On and on. Just a few days ago he once again claimed the documents belong to him.

Biden's staff have found what, in spite of being identified at multiple points in time, remains a handful of documents that should not have been where they were. They immediately notified the Justice Department and turned the documents over. There has been no jerking around. There has been no resisting turning documents over. There has been no indication of lying about what they have.

In short: There was plenty of reason to request a warrant to search Trump's property. There has been no reason to do so to address the Biden situation. At all. This bogus Republican "double standard" crap should stop. Not only with respect to this situation. With a bunch of other situations where they claim they are being persecuted and Democrats get away with stuff they don't get away with. No. Democrats don't as frequently DO the kinds of stuff they do.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:35 am Haven't been reading this thread since I think I made a one post on it early on. Just dropping in that I just have to shake my head at how intellectually dishonest the Republicans are. I mean, it's really bad.

The instance that made me think that this morning was Congressman James Comer said that it's not the classified documents being mishandled that bothers him. Instead, he said, it's the double standard whereby Trump has a warrant served on him, had his place searched, etc.

I mean, that is just SO ridiculous. Trump did not report that he had documents that legally belonged at the National Archives. The National Archives recognized that he had a bunch (hundreds) of them and tried for more than a year to get them back while he jerked them around. He lied about what he had. He claimed the documents actually belong to him. On and on. Just a few days ago he once again claimed the documents belong to him.

Biden's staff have found what, in spite of being identified at multiple points in time, remains a handful of documents that should not have been where they were. They immediately notified the Justice Department and turned the documents over. There has been no jerking around. There has been no resisting turning documents over. There has been no indication of lying about what they have.

In short: There was plenty of reason to request a warrant to search Trump's property. There has been no reason to do so to address the Biden situation. At all. This bogus Republican "double standard" crap should stop. Not only with respect to this situation. With a bunch of other situations where they claim they are being persecuted and Democrats get away with stuff they don't get away with. No. Democrats don't as frequently DO the kinds of stuff they do.
There wasn't anything else he could say since he's been dismissing Trump's thefts as a "bookkeeping error". :coffee:

Its like watching the coyote try to get the roadrunner - you know its going to blow up in their face but its still hilarious when it happens. They want the Biden investigation to replace the Trump obstruction of justice in the public's mind but every single thing they come up with will be immediately juxtaposed against the Trump files. They'll wind up looking bad again just like every time they try to shut down the gubmint it blows up in their face
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:35 am Haven't been reading this thread since I think I made a one post on it early on. Just dropping in that I just have to shake my head at how intellectually dishonest the Republicans are. I mean, it's really bad.

There wasn't anything else he could say since he's been dismissing Trump's thefts as a "bookkeeping error". :coffee:

Its like watching the coyote try to get the roadrunner - you know its going to blow up in their face but its still hilarious when it happens. They want the Biden investigation to replace the Trump obstruction of justice in the public's mind but every single thing they come up with will be immediately juxtaposed against the Trump files. They'll wind up looking bad again just like every time they try to shut down the gubmint it blows up in their face
Hopefully people will see behind the curtain and realize that both parties are corrupt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:09 am
houndawg wrote:

Hopefully people will see behind the curtain and realize that both parties are corrupt.

Not gonna happen. Average person doesn't pay enough attention to realize the establishment tried to weaponize something that normally happens between an outgoing President and the National archives and now, have to act serious with Biden when this shit should be ignored as well.

If anyone really thinks a former President or VP is going to worry about classified information and how to properly dispose of it, I've got beachfront property in Montana for sale. They have staff for this kind of crap.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

houndawg wrote:

At this time in history, it is not a symmetrical situation. Sure, there are some problems with both major parties. But, at this time in history, one of the two major political parties is WAY more corrupt than the other one is. And it's the Republican Party.

The "both sides are equally bad" fallacy is illustrated by this situation where people are acting like this Biden situation is like the Trump situation. I've hear various "Apples and (insert absurd comparison)" analogies. Like "It's not like apples and oranges. It's like apples and elephants." And such analogies are spot on.

There is no indication, right now, that what happened with Biden is even corrupt. One can argue that there was incompetence on somebody's part. But no indication of corruption. What Trump did is obviously, blatantly corrupt.

Thinking that both major political parties are equally bad right now is a big mistake. They are not. And it is not a close call.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:57 pm

At this time in history, it is not a symmetrical situation. Sure, there are some problems with both major parties. But, at this time in history, one of the two major political parties is WAY more corrupt than the other one is. And it's the Republican Party.

The "both sides are equally bad" fallacy is illustrated by this situation where people are acting like this Biden situation is like the Trump situation. I've hear various "Apples and (insert absurd comparison)" analogies. Like "It's not like apples and oranges. It's like apples and elephants." And such analogies are spot on.

There is no indication, right now, that what happened with Biden is even corrupt. One can argue that there was incompetence on somebody's part. But no indication of corruption. What Trump did is obviously, blatantly corrupt.

Thinking that both major political parties are equally bad right now is a big mistake. They are not. And it is not a close call.
Maybe you should read up on the differences between the Presidential records act and the Federal records act.

One applies to Trump and the other to Biden.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Here’s another thing that makes zero sense. Why would Biden send peraonal lawyers (at probably around $1,000 an hr each) to search for classified documents when those lawyers don’t have security clearances? :suspicious: The govt has plenty of lawyers that have security clearances…Or just use the FBI.
Sauber said in a statement Saturday that Biden's personal lawyers, who did not have security clearances, stopped their search after finding the first page on Wednesday evening. Sauber found the remaining material Thursday, as he was facilitating their retrieval by the Department of Justice.
https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/ar ... idens-home
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:44 pm

Not gonna happen. Average person doesn't pay enough attention to realize the establishment tried to weaponize something that normally happens between an outgoing President and the National archives and now, have to act serious with Biden when this shit should be ignored as well.

If anyone really thinks a former President or VP is going to worry about classified information and how to properly dispose of it, I've got beachfront property in Montana for sale. They have staff for this kind of crap.
It is not the lack of paying attention that is the problem, it is that people do not care enough to get past the surface scum the parties throw up to build up the emotional connections to get people to fall in line like good little sheep.

It is well documented phenomenon that when people become emotional, the thinky, thinky portion of the brain gets shut down. Both parties, media, and multiple other companies/organizations take advantage of this to push an agenda.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:36 pm

Here’s another thing that makes zero sense. Why would Biden send peraonal lawyers (at probably around $1,000 an hr each) to search for classified documents when those lawyers don’t have security clearances? :suspicious: The govt has plenty of lawyers that have security clearances…Or just use the FBI.
Sauber said in a statement Saturday that Biden's personal lawyers, who did not have security clearances, stopped their search after finding the first page on Wednesday evening. Sauber found the remaining material Thursday, as he was facilitating their retrieval by the Department of Justice.
Because the lawyers are retained (controlled) by him and it keeps the chance of something major leaking down. It is all about controlling the flow of information.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:26 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:36 pm

Because the lawyers are retained (controlled) by him and it keeps the chance of something major leaking down. It is all about controlling the flow of information.
Well, that couldn’t have gone any worse lol..

You would think personal attorneys for the POTUS would be allowed to get security clearances. And being in office 2 years now is plenty of time for his personal attorneys to have gotten clearances.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:08 pm
Winterborn wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:26 pm

Well, that couldn’t have gone any worse lol..

You would think personal attorneys for the POTUS would be allowed to get security clearances. And being in office 2 years now is plenty of time for his personal attorneys to have gotten clearances.
The point was not to completely cover it up (as it was always going to get out) but to control what type of information was coming out. It definitely could be much worse. This all could have come out just before the election (when they found the documents) instead of now.

I would have assumed that they would and that there is a process for it. And agree that 2 years is plenty to get a security clearance.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

houndawg wrote:

...same it ever was except for the Republicans finally losing all touch with reality and letting the likes of Gaetz,Green, Santos, and Jordan steer the Party. There is no compromise in that crowd and there won't be diddly-squat accomplished while they run the Party. They hate government and they prove it every time the take power.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:06 pm
...same it ever was except for the Republicans finally losing all touch with reality and letting the likes of Gaetz,Green, Santos, and Jordan steer the Party. There is no compromise in that crowd and there won't be diddly-squat accomplished while they run the Party. They hate government and they prove it every time the take power.
...same it ever was except for the Democrats finally losing all touch with reality and letting the likes of Bernie, Warren, AOChe and Omar steer the Party. There is no compromise in that crowd and there won't be diddly-squat accomplished while they drive the Party. They love government, hate freedom and they prove it with every proposal.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:59 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:57 pm

Maybe you should read up on the differences between the Presidential records act and the Federal records act.

One applies to Trump and the other to Biden.
Just like Obstruction of Justice. :coffee:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:17 pm
houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:06 pm

...same it ever was except for the Democrats finally losing all touch with reality and letting the likes of Bernie, Warren, AOChe and Omar steer the Party. There is no compromise in that crowd and there won't be diddly-squat accomplished while they drive the Party. They love government, hate freedom and they prove it with every proposal.
You forgot they hate independent thinkers who disagree. :thumb: