Biden’s mishandling of classified documents.

Political discussions
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Re: Biden’s mishandling of classified documents.

Post by HI54UNI »

My tinfoil hat is telling me this is a Dem operation to get Biden off the ticket in 2024.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:35 am My tinfoil hat is telling me this is a Dem operation to get Biden off the ticket in 2024.
Ha! I read this was a brush back pitch to remind Biden who really got him into office. :lol:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:18 am I think with the latest news that more classified documents have been found - whether intentional or not - I'd be ok with President Biden facing impeachment. I know the Senate won't convict him, but we can't have former White House officials keep doing this.

I'd also be ok if he is convicted by the Senate. And if it's found to be intentional, he should face criminal charges.

Trump should definitely face criminal charges, however.
The thing is, I don't really see guys like Trump or Biden getting into the nitty gritty of how these boxes get packed and what's going into the boxes. Sure, I get it that they are ultimately responsible since they're in charge, but these things are happening at a much more granular level and I doubt that we're looking a real nefarious doings by Trump or Biden. Heck, these guys are pretty much doddering old men anymore, I don't think they're even capable of the mental acuity to do what some are accusing them of doing.

But yes, this needs to be cleaned up. I'm sure this has been happening for far longer than just Biden and Trump, and I think you or another poster even made the observation that we classify and print out a whole bunch of stuff that either shouldn't be classified or there shouldn't be hard copied of anyway. Document control at the government level is apparently abysmal. Where's the QA department when you need them?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:52 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:18 am I think with the latest news that more classified documents have been found - whether intentional or not - I'd be ok with President Biden facing impeachment. I know the Senate won't convict him, but we can't have former White House officials keep doing this.

I'd also be ok if he is convicted by the Senate. And if it's found to be intentional, he should face criminal charges.

Trump should definitely face criminal charges, however.
The thing is, I don't really see guys like Trump or Biden getting into the nitty gritty of how these boxes get packed and what's going into the boxes. Sure, I get it that they are ultimately responsible since they're in charge, but these things are happening at a much more granular level and I doubt that we're looking a real nefarious doings by Trump or Biden. Heck, these guys are pretty much doddering old men anymore, I don't think they're even capable of the mental acuity to do what some are accusing them of doing.

But yes, this needs to be cleaned up. I'm sure this has been happening for far longer than just Biden and Trump, and I think you or another poster even made the observation that we classify and print out a whole bunch of stuff that either shouldn't be classified or there shouldn't be hard copied of anyway. Document control at the government level is apparently abysmal. Where's the QA department when you need them?
I agree.

My issue with Trump's situation is that the guy was being asked for months to return the stuff, and he flat out said no (as a private citizen). At least Biden's team is self-reporting, but if it turns the removals were intentional and Biden knew, then pursue charges as well.

edit: I visited the west wing during Obama's last week. It legitimately looked like a normal person moving: boxes everywhere, cluttered hallways, etc. And yeah, obviously it wasn't Obama and Biden personally packing boxes. :lol:
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Oh. It's okay then. :lol:

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:09 amedit: I visited the west wing during Obama's last week. It legitimately looked like a normal person moving: boxes everywhere, cluttered hallways, etc. And yeah, obviously it wasn't Obama and Biden personally packing boxes. :lol:
BTW, I took a menu from the White House that day. It was on some boxes so I just put it in my jacket. It's framed in my kitchen now:

Hopefully it's not classified. :lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:26 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:09 amedit: I visited the west wing during Obama's last week. It legitimately looked like a normal person moving: boxes everywhere, cluttered hallways, etc. And yeah, obviously it wasn't Obama and Biden personally packing boxes. :lol:
BTW, I took a menu from the White House that day. It was on some boxes so I just put it in my jacket. It's framed in my kitchen now:

I've always said, that would be one of the best parts of being President - the access they have to high quality food, whenever they want it, would be incredible. Heck, having my own pastry chef on call whenever I'd want would be incredible. That and the ability to get quality seats at any athletic event I want. It's not a bad job. :thumb:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:09 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:52 am

I agree.

My issue with Trump's situation is that the guy was being asked for months to return the stuff, and he flat out said no (as a private citizen). At least Biden's team is self-reporting, but if it turns the removals were intentional and Biden knew, then pursue charges as well.

edit: I visited the west wing during Obama's last week. It legitimately looked like a normal person moving: boxes everywhere, cluttered hallways, etc. And yeah, obviously it wasn't Obama and Biden personally packing boxes. :lol:
Again, I doubt Trump even knew what he had and what he didn't. His people and his lawyers certainly knew more than he did. Again, he's in charge and ultimately responsible, but I doubt he was personally sifting through all those cardboard boxes with a checklist to see what he had and didn't have.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:49 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:09 am

I agree.

Again, I doubt Trump even knew what he had and what he didn't. His people and his lawyers certainly knew more than he did. Again, he's in charge and ultimately responsible, but I doubt he was personally sifting through all those cardboard boxes with a checklist to see what he had and didn't have.
I'm with you there, BUT even if he didn't know what the docs were, he knew the Archives were asking for them. He could have easily directed his team to figure it out, but instead he double-downed and said no. Again, as a private citizen.

Remember, there was enough evidence for a grand jury to give the FBI permission to seize the documents.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:53 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:49 am
I'm with you there, BUT even if he didn't know what the docs were, he knew the Archives were asking for them. He could have easily directed his team to figure it out, but instead he double-downed and said no. Again, as a private citizen.

Remember, there was enough evidence for a grand jury to give the FBI permission to seize the documents.
One, while I agree that trump didn't personally pack the boxes, I do believe that he gave instructions to pack things he knew were classified because he wanted them. Either as proof of a conspiracy against him or just as collector's items.

Two, whoever did pack those documents up should have either known that they were classified and shouldn't be packed or they didn't have clearance to see the documents and the reality that they had access to them shows a disregard for security which also falls on the POTUS.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:26 am

As you framed the menu, I'll let you in on a little information. All of my kids received official Whitehouse correspondence welcoming their birth and have the cards framed in their rooms.

It is one of the items you can request to commemorate special moments and my dad requested them. Really unique gift to request for the birth of your friends or family's children.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Garland has appointed a special counsel. Probably the right thing to do.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:51 am Garland has appointed a special counsel. Probably the right thing to do.
I don't think he really had a choice. He has to proceed with this in the same manner as they have with the Trump missing files. Of course there are differences, but in the end, there are classified documents sitting unprotected in places where they aren't supposed to be. Again, the document control system at the government is pretty ineffective. Obama, Bush, and Clinton must be doing everything possible now to make sure they don't have random boxes sitting around with the Christmas decorations. I think Carter's in the clear, likely anything confidential that long ago has already been declassified.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:25 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:53 am

One, while I agree that trump didn't personally pack the boxes, I do believe that he gave instructions to pack things he knew were classified because he wanted them. Either as proof of a conspiracy against him or just as collector's items.

Two, whoever did pack those documents up should have either known that they were classified and shouldn't be packed or they didn't have clearance to see the documents and the reality that they had access to them shows a disregard for security which also falls on the POTUS.
Aren’t a lot ot of those docs at Mar-A-Lago allegedly have to do with the fake Russian collusion CrossFire Hurricane get Trump scandal that the left was doing everything in its power to keep hidden?
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/p ... r-n1396930
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

So now we're up to a 3rd set of classified docs that Biden had.

Also seeing stuff that this is "worse" because he was VP when he took the docs and as VP didn't have the authority to take stuff like the President would have. Anyone know if that is true?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:19 pm So now we're up to a 3rd set of classified docs that Biden had.

Also seeing stuff that this is "worse" because he was VP when he took the docs and as VP didn't have the authority to take stuff like the President would have. Anyone know if that is true?
Well, there are no VP libraries so it's not like with Presidents where they are taking things to store in their libraries once they get built. And VP's of course can't declassify anything so there's that difference as well.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:03 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:51 am Garland has appointed a special counsel. Probably the right thing to do.
I don't think he really had a choice. He has to proceed with this in the same manner as they have with the Trump missing files. Of course there are differences, but in the end, there are classified documents sitting unprotected in places where they aren't supposed to be. Again, the document control system at the government is pretty ineffective. Obama, Bush, and Clinton must be doing everything possible now to make sure they don't have random boxes sitting around with the Christmas decorations. I think Carter's in the clear, likely anything confidential that long ago has already been declassified.
Yes. But as reminder, Jack Smith was appointed investigate more than just missing documents.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:31 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:03 pm

Yes. But as reminder, Jack Smith was appointed investigate more than just missing documents.
Sure, the cooperation angle is the difference between the two, but as the other poster said, another difference is a Vice President with no declassifying powers and a President who did have them while in office. From either side of the partisan aisle, this just doesn't look great for anyone. And they need to rein in Biden talking about it, that Corvette comment is going to be material for years now.

Reading on the BBC, the one thing they haven't really talked much about yet is the timing of when they knew and what they've done since. Apparently this was reported to the National Archives the Friday before the mid-term elections. So you have the obvious squashing of the story until after the elections. But even now, there doesn't appear to be a good handle on what documents are even there, two months after the fact. Like I said before, out document control system just flat out sucks.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:36 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:31 pm

Sure, the cooperation angle is the difference between the two, but as the other poster said, another difference is a Vice President with no declassifying powers and a President who did have them while in office. From either side of the partisan aisle, this just doesn't look great for anyone. And they need to rein in Biden talking about it, that Corvette comment is going to be material for years now.

Reading on the BBC, the one thing they haven't really talked much about yet is the timing of when they knew and what they've done since. Apparently this was reported to the National Archives the Friday before the mid-term elections. So you have the obvious squashing of the story until after the elections. But even now, there doesn't appear to be a good handle on what documents are even there, two months after the fact. Like I said before, out document control system just flat out sucks.
And the DoJ went silent for 60 days leading up to the mid-terms thus squashing further details of the Jan 6th story.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:19 pm So now we're up to a 3rd set of classified docs that Biden had.

I didn't hear 3, just the clarification that there were files in the garage next to the Corvette, and then another file in an adjacent room. Not sure if that means 3 locations since it's still the same house.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:39 pm

And the DoJ went silent for 60 days leading up to the mid-terms thus squashing further details of the Jan 6th story.
Apples and oranges. It's not like the Jan 6th story was unknown in the lead-up to the midterms. It was one of the largest issues.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

Deflecting much?

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:52 pm

Deflecting much?
Not at all. I said it was a good idea. Just providing facts.

Also…post partisan. :)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Well the left’s defense over the last 72 hrs has been ‘But Trump’s is worse’ which doesn’t look to be the case:
1. What you said above.
2. Bidens are in multiple locations.
3. Biden has been illegally keeping/storing these for presumably SIX YEARS since he left the WH in Jan 2017. Trump’s were what, 1.5 years. And where have these docs been over the last 6 years?
4. Biden’s were far less secure (a professor’s office and in a garage) versus locked in a locked storage room in one of the most secure compounds in the world in Mar A Lago.
5. Wasn’t there just one Trump document marked TS/SCI? In Biden’s 1st cache there were apparently multiple. Who knows how many more from cache #2 amd #3 and however many more caches are discovered.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:13 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:52 pm

Deflecting much?
Not at all. I said it was a good idea. Just providing facts.

Also…partisan posting. :)
FYP
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm