Biden’s mishandling of classified documents.

Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Biden’s mishandling of classified documents.

Post by BDKJMU »

Did the crackhead son have access to this garage?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:30 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:26 pm i figured someone would start a thread on this but this is obviously a completely different situation than the situation with the Trump thing. Most importantly, there is no evidence that Biden intentionally took the materials nor has Biden resisted returning the materials to the National Archives. Trump OBVIOUSLY took the materials intentionally and OBVIOUSLY resisted returning them. It's unfortunate because it gives Republicans an opportunity to try to deflect from what Trump did. But the two situations are nowhere close to equivalent.
G.F.Y.

Due to Biden's political designation, nothing will come of this, absolutely nothing.

The Hildabeast gets caught with tens of thousands of classified documents on an unsecured private email server in her home - No big deal.

Former National Security Advisor Sandy Berger acting as Bill Clinton's designated representative stole and destroyed classified documents from the National Archives on at least four separate occasions. No big deal. He got slapped on the wrist with a feather. It also needs to be noted that he was the first person ever caught stealing documents from the National Archives who never served federal prison time.

Trump gets caught with classified documents at MAL and our democracy is in such grave danger that the Donks are peeing themselves to keep the idiot from running for office again. :roll:

.:coffee:
Trump is a habitual criminal who has likely already sold top secret material since he's no longer allowed to rip off charities for veterans and kids with cancer.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:52 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:18 am I think with the latest news that more classified documents have been found - whether intentional or not - I'd be ok with President Biden facing impeachment. I know the Senate won't convict him, but we can't have former White House officials keep doing this.

I'd also be ok if he is convicted by the Senate. And if it's found to be intentional, he should face criminal charges.

Trump should definitely face criminal charges, however.
The thing is, I don't really see guys like Trump or Biden getting into the nitty gritty of how these boxes get packed and what's going into the boxes. Sure, I get it that they are ultimately responsible since they're in charge, but these things are happening at a much more granular level and I doubt that we're looking a real nefarious doings by Trump or Biden. Heck, these guys are pretty much doddering old men anymore, I don't think they're even capable of the mental acuity to do what some are accusing them of doing.

But yes, this needs to be cleaned up. I'm sure this has been happening for far longer than just Biden and Trump, and I think you or another poster even made the observation that we classify and print out a whole bunch of stuff that either shouldn't be classified or there shouldn't be hard copied of anyway. Document control at the government level is apparently abysmal. Where's the QA department when you need them?

When trying to discredit Biden is the only way your feeble apologia for Trump has a chance. :ohno:

Better they both do time than both walk :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:22 pm

The thing is, I don't really see guys like Trump or Biden getting into the nitty gritty of how these boxes get packed and what's going into the boxes. Sure, I get it that they are ultimately responsible since they're in charge, but these things are happening at a much more granular level and I doubt that we're looking a real nefarious doings by Trump or Biden. Heck, these guys are pretty much doddering old men anymore, I don't think they're even capable of the mental acuity to do what some are accusing them of doing.

But yes, this needs to be cleaned up. I'm sure this has been happening for far longer than just Biden and Trump, and I think you or another poster even made the observation that we classify and print out a whole bunch of stuff that either shouldn't be classified or there shouldn't be hard copied of anyway. Document control at the government level is apparently abysmal. Where's the QA department when you need them?

When trying to discredit Biden is the only way your feeble apologia for Trump has a chance. :ohno:

Thinking that Ganny is apologizing for trump is :dunce:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:57 pm

Thinking that Ganny is apologizing for trump is :dunce:
Thats exactly what he's doing for both of them. Begs the question, n'est-ce pas?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

You might want to look up the difference between Presidential records vs Federal records acts.

Do you even try anymore? I would bet at this point that you've been wearing the same sweat suit for weeks.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:48 pm

You might want to look up the difference between Presidential records vs Federal records acts.

Do you even try anymore? I would bet at this point that you've been wearing the same sweat suit for weeks.
You got nothing, d'habitude.

The files aren't declassified until the process isfinished.

You lose again, son. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:09 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:48 pm

Even left leaning Politifact admits as mostly true:
The minute the president speaks about it to someone, he has the ability to declassify anything at any time without any process.
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... ything-an/
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:17 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:09 pm

Even left leaning Politifact admits as mostly true:
The minute the president speaks about it to someone, he has the ability to declassify anything at any time without any process.
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... ything-an/
You keep missing it - while he may have the power to declassify he didn't use that power in instances like when he showed Russian intelligence files in the Oval Office. Not even an interpreter present :ohno:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:35 am My tinfoil hat is telling me this is a Dem operation to get Biden off the ticket in 2024.
Thought crossed my mind also.
https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2023/01/12 ... ns-n687770
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Liar liar pants on fire..
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:50 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:35 am My tinfoil hat is telling me this is a Dem operation to get Biden off the ticket in 2024.
Thought crossed my mind also.
https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2023/01/12 ... ns-n687770
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

I'd really wish they would both just walk away. American politics will be far better just from the fact that we aren't saddled with elderly and corrupt politicians such as Trump and Biden. Trump has always been a buffoon, a likely criminal, and a destructive narcissist, and Biden was rejected for the Presidency at least 4 times prior because he was a bumbling career Senator who's claim to fame is breaking the SCOTUS confirmation process. These two are really crappy options and not having either on the ballot in 2024 would be a win for America.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:15 pm
Baldy wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:30 pm
G.F.Y.

Due to Biden's political designation, nothing will come of this, absolutely nothing.

The Hildabeast gets caught with tens of thousands of classified documents on an unsecured private email server in her home - No big deal.

Former National Security Advisor Sandy Berger acting as Bill Clinton's designated representative stole and destroyed classified documents from the National Archives on at least four separate occasions. No big deal. He got slapped on the wrist with a feather. It also needs to be noted that he was the first person ever caught stealing documents from the National Archives who never served federal prison time.

Trump gets caught with classified documents at MAL and our democracy is in such grave danger that the Donks are peeing themselves to keep the idiot from running for office again. :roll:

.:coffee:
Trump is a habitual criminal who has likely already sold top secret material since he's no longer allowed to rip off charities for veterans and kids with cancer.
You really don't have anything left, do you?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:26 pm i figured someone would start a thread on this but this is obviously a completely different situation than the situation with the Trump thing. Most importantly, there is no evidence that Biden intentionally took the materials nor has Biden resisted returning the materials to the National Archives. Trump OBVIOUSLY took the materials intentionally and OBVIOUSLY resisted returning them. It's unfortunate because it gives Republicans an opportunity to try to deflect from what Trump did. But the two situations are nowhere close to equivalent.
No, they just found the docs on Nov 2nd, and covered it up for over 2 months..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:09 am

I agree.

My issue with Trump's situation is that the guy was being asked for months to return the stuff, and he flat out said no (as a private citizen). At least Biden's team is self-reporting, but if it turns the removals were intentional and Biden knew, then pursue charges as well.

edit: I visited the west wing during Obama's last week. It legitimately looked like a normal person moving: boxes everywhere, cluttered hallways, etc. And yeah, obviously it wasn't Obama and Biden personally packing boxes. :lol:
After they sat on it for over 2 months..
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:57 am

I agree.

My issue with Trump's situation is that the guy was being asked for months to return the stuff, and he flat out said no (as a private citizen). At least Biden's team is self-reporting, but if it turns the removals were intentional and Biden knew, then pursue charges as well.

edit: I visited the west wing during Obama's last week. It legitimately looked like a normal person moving: boxes everywhere, cluttered hallways, etc. And yeah, obviously it wasn't Obama and Biden personally packing boxes. :lol:
Where are we at with the Trump investigation. Must be at least two months long now.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I agree.

I thought it was reported as soon as the classified documents were found.

The two months is when the media/public learned about the situation, no?

edit: "The president’s personal attorneys found the documents in November when packing files, the White House has said, and then the counsel’s office notified the National Archives and Records Administration. Biden’s lawyers provided the documents to the National Archives the day after they found..."
https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/10/politics ... index.html
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:08 pm
Where are we at with the Trump investigation. Must be at least two months long now.
Wrong thread.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:26 pm

How convenient.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:29 pm

How convenient.
So you're wrong.

And by the way, it was the mainstream journalists you hate so much which let the public know.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:28 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:08 pm

Wrong thread.
I apologize. How long do these things normally take? Can you provide a timeline?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:30 pm
How convenient.
So you're wrong.

And by the way, it was the mainstream journalists you hate so much which let the public know.
Uh, no. One arm of the Biden admin reported it to another. It was info that was withheld for 2+ months from the public by the Biden admin..
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

How convenient.
Well.... what idiot wouldn't sit on it until after the mid-term? :?

And its not like the FBI had to raid the place...
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Yeah, those look real secure: