Followers of which political party are more prone to making mountains out of molehills?

Political discussions

Followers of which political party are more prone to making mountains out of molehills?

Republicans
20%
Democrats
27%
Other
13%
Pee In the Butt
40%

Total votes: 15

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Houndy's post on another thread prompted this.

Leave examples in your comments
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: Followers of which political party are more prone to making mountains out of molehills?

Post by Gil Dobie »

I'd say with the addition of Trumpettes to the scene, things have evened up a lot in the drama queen department.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Followers of which political party are more prone to making mountains out of molehills?

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:00 am I'd say with the addition of Trumpettes to the scene, things have evened up a lot in the drama queen department.
Indeed. This used to be just a Dem thing, but the Trumpers have stepped up to the plate impressively. You need to have limited to no knowledge of something to effectively make a mountain out of a mole-hill, hence why Dems did so for years on things they knew little of, like the economy. The Trumpers are pretty good at not knowing anything on anything so their hysteria can be more broad based.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

I can't decide so I say other.

Republicans:
- riot over the election allegedly being stolen
- have the whole Qanon thing
- 99% of what comes out of MTG''s mouth

Democrats:
- Democracy was on the verge of ending on January 6
- Democracy would end if you voted R in 2024
- trump is a fascist

I'm sure there are a lot more examples for both.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Pee in the butt.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:26 am I can't decide so I say other.

Republicans:

Democrats:
- trump is a fascist

Same. There are many of examples in the last few years of both sides using exaggeration, stawman, half-truths and blowing them out of proportion to "win" points with the voters. Dem's used to hold the title in the past, but these days both parties are the same.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Only one side thinks the other is a literal threat to democracy and that a president can over-throw democracy by simply pitching a temper tantrum and refusing to leave the White House.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Pwns wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:01 pm Only one side thinks the other is a literal threat to democracy and that a president can over-throw democracy by simply pitching a temper tantrum and refusing to leave the White House.
The extremists on the other side think that racism doesn't exist and past racism hasn't contributed to the current socio-economic plight of people with darker skins. They also assume that anyone who isn't attracted to the opposite sex or identify as their biological gender is automatically a pedophile or groomer.

Extremists on both sides are self-righteous twats.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:01 pm Only one side thinks the other is a literal threat to democracy and that a president can over-throw democracy by simply pitching a temper tantrum and refusing to leave the White House.
Clearly.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:02 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:26 am I can't decide so I say other.

Republicans:

Democrats:
- trump is a fascist

Same. There are many of examples in the last few years of both sides using exaggeration, stawman, half-truths and blowing them out of proportion to "win" points with the voters. Dem's used to hold the title in the past, but these days both parties are the same.
This. Grandstanding is something both parties do well.