Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Election Day - Predictions & Your State Info

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:46 am
kalm wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:58 pm

It’s Idaho, but good point. I’d thought all the Dems had left the state.
a few stayed behind to handle stuff like reading.
Lol
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:43 pm
SDHornet wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:32 pm Team Brown coming through huge in this election. Remember bois, DeSantis squeaked by in 'the skin of his teeth last election, total rout this time around. :lol: 8-)

:lol: the Red Wave!
FL is dark red, and a Texas that JSO told us was going blue is now also redder. Admittedly I saw the early FL results and thought it would be a bigger thing nationally, but it looks like places are just Balkanizing instead.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:16 pm
houndawg wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:43 pm

:lol: the Red Wave!
FL is dark red, and a Texas that JSO told us was going blue is now also redder. Admittedly I saw the early FL results and thought it would be a bigger thing nationally, but it looks like places are just Balkanizing instead.
Gerrymandered. :coffee:

I think "bloodbath" was the word you used, but that might have been your better half. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:16 pm FL is dark red, and a Texas that JSO told us was going blue is now also redder. Admittedly I saw the early FL results and thought it would be a bigger thing nationally, but it looks like places are just Balkanizing instead.

I think "bloodbath" was the word you used, but that might have been your better half. :coffee:
So Florida is dark red for the same reasons that Illinois is dark blue?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:40 am
houndawg wrote:

So Florida is dark red for the same reasons that Illinois is dark blue?

Exactly. I've always thought you might just be playing dumb sometimes.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

houndawg wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:27 am

About two million more people voted for Conks in Florida because gerrymandering. :lol:

:silly:
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Was Iowa's red wave gerrymandering too?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:10 am

Both parties do it and it has effects from Florida to NY to Cali not to mention congressional control. Federal courts won’t touch it. It probably cost Dems retaining the house this time.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

As was New York's.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:24 am

Both parties do it and it has effects from Florida to NY to Cali not to mention congressional control. Federal courts won’t touch it. It probably cost Dems retaining the house this time.
Or it made the losses they did suffer less. As you said, both sides are experts at gerrymandering now and that plays a huge part in reducing the number of competitive districts. We had maybe 90-100 competitive districts 10 years ago. Now we're lucky to have 30. That just means that any swing is going to be less and less as time goes on. Even if a party did sweep all the competitive districts, it would only be a change of 30 seats. The days of 40, 50, or 60 seats changing hands in a single election are over for the time being.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

I know both parties do it but that has nothing to do with the question I asked.

Was Iowa's red wave from gerrymandering?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:41 am

Or it made the losses they did suffer less. As you said, both sides are experts at gerrymandering now and that plays a huge part in reducing the number of competitive districts. We had maybe 90-100 competitive districts 10 years ago. Now we're lucky to have 30. That just means that any swing is going to be less and less as time goes on. Even if a party did sweep all the competitive districts, it would only be a change of 30 seats. The days of 40, 50, or 60 seats changing hands in a single election are over for the time being.
Good point.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:48 am

I’m guessing not. But was it actually unexpected?
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:01 am
HI54UNI wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:48 am

I’m guessing not. But was it actually unexpected?
You need to read about the Iowa plan for redistricting.

The level was not expected. Iowa has been trending red but two long time Dem statewide elected officials were bounced along with the one Dem US rep. Didn't expect to see expanded R majorities at the statehouse including a super majority in the state senate. Only one statewide elected Dem left and if the Repubs would have supported is candidacy he would have won (state party doesn't like him because he beat the preferred candidate in the primary) as he only lost by 2500 votes.

Best thing was the asshole Republican state senate president got beat in his re-election bid.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

The fact that Republicans did as well as they did in Oregon despite gerrymandering should tell you how fed up moderates here are with progressive policies.

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:40 am The fact that Republicans did as well as they did in Oregon despite gerrymandering should tell you how fed up moderates here are with progressive policies.

Other places they didn't do so well. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

FL was a bloodbath, hell, so was NY. And gerrymandering is the game, I don't like it either but it is what it is.

Also on the Cali front, Conks seemed to have done a decent job with the ballot harvesting and flipped some seats here. Pretty mixed bag on election results when you take a higher look at it.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:14 am

FL was a bloodbath, hell, so was NY. And gerrymandering is the game, I don't like it either but it is what it is.

Also on the Cali front, Conks seemed to have done a decent job with the ballot harvesting and flipped some seats here. Pretty mixed bag on election results when you take a higher look at it.
...not at all what every body but Michael Moore was expecting.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:14 am

Sammy "the Weasel" Alito came through big for the donks! :thumb:

And all of the baker's dozen of wackadoodle SoS candisates endorsed by Trump lost - that was big :nod: