Election Day - Predictions & Your State Info

Political discussions
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Election Day - Predictions & Your State Info

Post by SDHornet »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:35 pm Guam tips over. Elects a Republican rep for the first time since 1990.
:lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Pwns wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:05 pm Republicans will conquer the house. Senate will be close and there will be lawsuits and run-offs before everything is settled.

Brian Kemp defeats Steecee Eebrams by 4.
DeSantis wins by 6.
O'Rourke gets draxed.

Donks have a good day in Arizona and Pennsylvania but bad days in Texas, GA, and Florida.

The $15 MW will prevail in Nebraska and marijuana wins in all 5 states with referendums.
Reps taking the House was a given, the Senate gets more tricky as those late night shenanigans will come into play in AZ, PA and GA.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Team Brown coming through huge in this election. Remember bois, DeSantis squeaked by in 'the skin of his teeth last election, total rout this time around. :lol: 8-)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BREAKING:

Country is still divided.

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Still too early to establish as fact, but it's looking like a large youth turnout (+28 D) may have been a deciding factor staving off a red wave.

If so, great job Gen Z! :clap:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:42 pm
Pwns wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:05 pm Republicans will conquer the house. Senate will be close and there will be lawsuits and run-offs before everything is settled.

Brian Kemp defeats Steecee Eebrams by 4.
DeSantis wins by 6.
O'Rourke gets draxed.

Donks have a good day in Arizona and Pennsylvania but bad days in Texas, GA, and Florida.

The $15 MW will prevail in Nebraska and marijuana wins in all 5 states with referendums.
We have the Devils Lettuce on the ballot here in ND but I am not sure it prevails. The constitutional amendment (which is how it is being put forth) was written a bit lax (or maybe odd is a better choice of words). We rejected recreational usage back in 2018 by a 59% to 40% margin. The 2018 measure was a free for all measure, this one has a bit more control. Will it be enough, I am not sure. It will be close that I know.

Personally I am still not happy with the verbiage but then I am extremely picky when it comes to these topics, as I have seen first hand what a poorly written bill becomes (and it ain't pretty).
On the local election front (State), the expected happen (R-sweep).

The interesting news is that Measure 1 passed (term limits and the margin was 63.4% to 36.6%), which was opposed by basically all the legislature and lobbyists. The measure was initially denied due to the signatures by the Secretary of State but the State Supreme Court overruled the Secretary of State and said the signatures were legal. This is the first time since 2000 that some type of term limit has been passed by the states.

Measure 2 was also voted down (legalize recreational marijuana) by a 54.9% to 45.1% margin (which is pretty close to what it was back in 2018).
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:44 am Senate 53 conk, 47 donk (hold everything, including PA), flip GA, NV, and one other, probably AZ. We won’t know by midnight ECB. Even tomorrow morning it could be about 50-47 conk with probably waiting on PA, GA, and AZ..

House Conks gain 30, so 242 total.

Gov conks hold all R seats and flip 3 Gov (WI, NV, OR). (which would make 31 conk gov, 18 donk, 1 lib Indy. Conks are long shots to pull upsets in NY, MI, and MN.

PA nothing flips (gov, senate, Congressional) (alrhough I haven’t followed the Congressional throughout the state).

Overall red tsunami. :nod:
:rofl:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:12 pm Still too early to establish as fact, but it's looking like a large youth turnout (+28 D) may have been a deciding factor staving off a red wave.

Seems significant. They view the Republican Party and religious right in the same way they view dad jokes. Dems are terrible at elections but the R’s branding problem isn’t going to age well.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:12 pm Still too early to establish as fact, but it's looking like a large youth turnout (+28 D) may have been a deciding factor staving off a red wave.

Fetterman's win is being credited to suburban housewives who weren't that high on him but voted for him based on the SCOTUS decision
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:34 am

Seems significant. They view the Republican Party and religious right in the same way they view dad jokes. Dems are terrible at elections but the R’s branding problem isn’t going to age well.

Evangelicals will take a white communist over a brown christian any day :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:40 am

Evangelicals will take a white communist over a brown christian any day :coffee:
Lol
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

The red wave in Iowa got at least two of the statewide Dems. The 3rd has a 3,100 vote lead with a couple of precincts left so he will likely squeak it out. The 3 incumbent R US reps won easily and the only D Rep appears to have lost by about 2,000 votes.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

The $15 MW won by 17 points in pinko, commie Nebraska. Said it many times before but if the GOP became the anti-woke populists they'd be unstoppable.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:29 pm
Baldy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:47 pm In a clear threat to democracy, the Donks are starting to already claim the elections in GA will be stolen.

Think about the will and determination of the people who have overcome the suppression to vote in record numbers.
FYP
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Pwns wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:06 am The $15 MW won by 17 points in pinko, commie Nebraska. Said it many times before but if the GOP became the anti-woke populists they'd be unstoppable.
the GOP isn't interested in that, thats not their mission.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:38 am

Fetterman's win is being credited to suburban housewives who weren't that high on him but voted for him based on the SCOTUS decision
Fetterman had been the favorite in this election for months. It was only in the last couple of weeks that the extent of his limitations from the stroke came to light. He had ducked the normal debates and the one that he did participate in wasn't a pretty picture. With that said, Oz was never liked and was always seen as an outsider, which is what the Fetterman campaign spent most of the year drilling home in attack ads. And, at the end of the day, Oz was tied to Trump. That's always been the big anchor holding him back and it came to roost last night.

Fetterman was a bad candidate, especially with the health problems that he's suffered, but Oz was an even worse candidate. I said it earlier, show me a state that has two worse Senators than what PA was going to end up with after this election - the do nothing, run on his daddy's name Bob Casey Jr, and then either someone like Fetterman who's done really nothing in his career or an Oz who's main calling card is being a celebrity. We haven't really had a lot of good candidates on either side of the aisle stepping up in PA lately. On the bright side, Shapiro easily won and you could see him be a good Senate candidate in 2028 once his two terms as governor are up. I think that would be Casey's election so that would be a welcome shift from brain-dead to intelligent. :thumb:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

WTF AZ and NV? The last 6 hrs or so tbey quit updating.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Female, small business owner (auto repair shop), multi-racial, ran on populism in a red district against a MAGA candidate. She leads by 6 pts with 80,000 votes still to count.

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/08/11344221 ... house-race
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:40 am

They'd vote for Bernie Sanders over Tim Scott? :dunce:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

How are trump-endorsed candidates doing in critical races?
- Masters (AZ) - losing
- Oz (PA) - lost
- Walker (GA) - losing

Could trump's endorsement of poor candidates cost the Republicans the Senate? If it does will he be held accountable or will the MAGAts buy it when he calls them losers and makes excuses?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:48 am How are trump-endorsed candidates doing in critical races?
- Masters (AZ) - losing
- Oz (PA) - lost
- Walker (GA) - losing

Could trump's endorsement of poor candidates cost the Republicans the Senate? If it does will he be held accountable or will the MAGAts buy it when he calls them losers and makes excuses?
His support/endorsement is what cost the GOP the Senate in 2020 as well, and yet he still held sway. For the Dems, it's a two-edge sword - the Dems NEED Trump to be the candidate in 2024 - he can't win a national election and it would assure the Dems another 4 years of the White House. Considering their strategy of crossing the aisle to help Trump back candidates win GOP primaries (i.e. in NH and PA for Senate for instance), the Dems have to think they have a winning strategy going forward. But at the same time, propping up Trump and his supporters mean we're closer to the supposed end times that those candidates represent.

For the GOP, they clearly need to be done with Trump if they're going to win in '24. It's all there for the GOP to clean sweep - the Senate races are in their favor in '24 and worst case they are looking at a 50/50 Senate again after this election (or they're up 1 - all going to depend on GA runoff), and they'll have the House after this year as they continue the slow build they started in the House in 2020. If they run the right candidate, the Dems will have to decide if they throw Biden out there, dementia and all, in an election where he needs to be visible and active, or if they roll the dice with a thinner bench than the GOP has. Crazy, we haven't even finished counting in '22 and the '24 election is already shaping up.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:48 am How are trump-endorsed candidates doing in critical races?
- Masters (AZ) - losing
- Oz (PA) - lost
- Walker (GA) - losing

1. The Trumptards will never be able to look in the mirror. They will hang their hat on conspiracy theories.
2. This election was really strange. The Conks did unexpectedly well in some areas, but got absolutely crushed by independents in blue states where there were Trumpy candidates on the ballot.

Following the money over the last few months...DeSantis has been able to accumulate almost $200 Million in his war chest. He still has close to $100 million left after this election cycle. Lots of Trumps biggest donors have already jumped ship. Last night's results will probably accelerate the shift...hopefully.
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

Money matters. The Dems had and spent more.

Candidate quality matters. Although I would not say either side had as many statesmen vs politicians as I would like, Republicans had several glaring weaknesses in winnable elections that hurt them.

Trump matters. His presence helps D’s and hurts R’s. He needs to go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:24 am WTF AZ and NV? The last 6 hrs or so tbey quit updating.
There are some states (Nevada being one, IDK about Arizona) where poll workers don't work through the night.

They just go home and get back to it in the morning.