GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Election Day - Predictions & Your State Info

Post by GannonFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:56 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:24 am WTF AZ and NV? The last 6 hrs or so tbey quit updating.
There are some states (Nevada being one, IDK about Arizona) where poll workers don't work through the night.

They just go home and get back to it in the morning.
They must have just one shift working this. I don't think it's been updated yet today (as of 2PM EST) so it must be that 2PM-10PM shift we're waiting on.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:06 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:56 am

There are some states (Nevada being one, IDK about Arizona) where poll workers don't work through the night.

They just go home and get back to it in the morning.
They must have just one shift working this. I don't think it's been updated yet today (as of 2PM EST) so it must be that 2PM-10PM shift we're waiting on.
Its pushing 12 hours with no updatea. Its 3rd world not to have this mostly done within a few hours after the polls close. Whem most 1st world countries and most states can be 95-99% a few hours after the polls close no reason all states can’t be. NV 80% and AZ still 69% (going by NBC website) is a joke. Have 2-3 shifts going 24 hrs. This is 2 elections in a row for AZ.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:11 pm
Its pushing 12 hours with no updatea. Its 3rd world not to have this mostly done within a few hours after the polls close. Whem most 1st world countries and most states can be 95-99% a few hours after the polls close no reason all states can’t be. NV 80% and AZ still 69% (going by NBC website) is a joke. Have 2-3 shifts going 24 hrs. This is 2 elections in a row for AZ.
2-3 shifts costs money, maybe they're being frugal with tax dollars. Maybe they were hampered by rules preventing them from beginning tabulation of mail-in ballots before Nov 8.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Not my state but just across the border.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:11 pm Not my state but just across the border.

Without context I can't tell if that's a bad thing or not. Just the candidate running as a Democrat doesn't tell me anything - it's Oregon, that person could be even crazier than the Bundy guy!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:02 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:11 pm Not my state but just across the border.

Without context I can't tell if that's a bad thing or not. Just the candidate running as a Democrat doesn't tell me anything - it's Oregon, that person could be even crazier than the Bundy guy!
It’s Idaho, but good point. I’d thought all the Dems had left the state.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:58 pm

Eh, something west of the Mississippi. If it's not California it's all the same to us East Coast folks. How close is it to Disneyland? :rofl:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:19 am

Eh, something west of the Mississippi. If it's not California it's all the same to us East Coast folks. How close is it to Disneyland? :rofl:
Gotcha.

It’s not as close as Oregon.

Idaho is famous for potatoes, Hells Canyon, militant Mormon transplants from Nevada, and neo-Nazis.

Oregon is famous
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:38 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:19 am

Gotcha.

It’s not as close as Oregon.

Idaho is famous for potatoes, Hells Canyon, militant Mormon transplants from Nevada, and neo-Nazis.

Oregon is famous
Yes. Phil Knight owns the state of Oregon. I've heard of that. :thumb:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:07 pm
2-3 shifts costs money, maybe they're being frugal with tax dollars. Maybe they were hampered by rules preventing them from beginning tabulation of mail-in ballots before Nov 8.
THREE DAYS after an election and going by NBC’s election tracker (their’s seems simple on a smartphone) AZ is only 76% reported, and NV only 84%. No excuse for that when you have other states in the 90s percent reprted within a few hours of the pollls closing. Shouldn’t take 3 days to count mail in ballots.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:42 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:07 pm

THREE DAYS after an election and going by NBC’s election tracker (their’s seems simple on a smartphone) AZ is only 76% reported, and NV only 84%. No excuse for that when you have other states in the 90s percent reprted within a few hours of the pollls closing. Shouldn’t take 3 days to count mail in ballots.
I don't think either NV or AZ are very good at this election counting thing. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:54 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:42 pm
I don't think either NV or AZ are very good at this election counting thing. :coffee:
Maybe it's not a counting problem. Reportedly, Nevada state law allows ballots to come in as late as Saturday, November 12 as long they're postmarked on or before election day.

Maybe some snowflakes are getting their panties in a bunch about nothing.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:52 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:54 pm

Maybe it's not a counting problem. Reportedly, Nevada state law allows ballots to come in as late as Saturday, November 12 as long they're postmarked on or before election day.

I guess one of the most respected pollsters in the country is just another snowflake then.
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy ... be-counted
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:11 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:52 pm

I guess one of the most respected pollsters in the country is just another snowflake then.
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy ... be-counted
Wouldn't that be an imposition on states' rights?

I don't disagree that they should be counted by the end of election day but that would require changing state laws. Mail-in ballots would need to be received by election day and it would make sense to allow states to start counting mail-in ballots earlier than election day.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:48 am How are trump-endorsed candidates doing in critical races?
- Masters (AZ) - losing
- Oz (PA) - lost
- Walker (GA) - losing

Could trump's endorsement of poor candidates cost the Republicans the Senate? If it does will he be held accountable or will the MAGAts buy it when he calls them losers and makes excuses?

the latter
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:35 pm
Marco "Tatoo" Rubio :ohno:

How to deny the results of the election without saying you deny the results of the election. :lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Why are your panties in a twist over small shit? :?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:32 pm Team Brown coming through huge in this election. Remember bois, DeSantis squeaked by in 'the skin of his teeth last election, total rout this time around. :lol: 8-)

:lol: the Red Wave!
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:44 am Senate 53 conk, 47 donk (hold everything, including PA), flip GA, NV, and one other, probably AZ. We won’t know by midnight ECB. Even tomorrow morning it could be about 50-47 conk with probably waiting on PA, GA, and AZ..

House Conks gain 30, so 242 total.

Gov conks hold all R seats and flip 3 Gov (WI, NV, OR). (which would make 31 conk gov, 18 donk, 1 lib Indy. Conks are long shots to pull upsets in NY, MI, and MN.

PA nothing flips (gov, senate, Congressional) (alrhough I haven’t followed the Congressional throughout the state).

Overall red tsunami. :nod:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This is Hall of Fame material right here :notworthy:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:44 am Senate 53 conk, 47 donk (hold everything, including PA), flip GA, NV, and one other, probably AZ. We won’t know by midnight ECB. Even tomorrow morning it could be about 50-47 conk with probably waiting on PA, GA, and AZ..

House Conks gain 30, so 242 total.

Gov conks hold all R seats and flip 3 Gov (WI, NV, OR). (which would make 31 conk gov, 18 donk, 1 lib Indy. Conks are long shots to pull upsets in NY, MI, and MN.

PA nothing flips (gov, senate, Congressional) (alrhough I haven’t followed the Congressional throughout the state).

Overall red tsunami. :nod:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This is Hall of Fame material right here :notworthy:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:50 am Reps gain control of House and Senate.

Outside of that, living in WA, I would be shocked if dipshit Patty Murray loses, but sure hope she does just to send a message to our Governor.
The red wave struck with the fury of a Leon Durham indictment. Poor donks never knew what hit them. :coffee:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Planning retirement in Texas, after seeing this election results..
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:06 am Planning retirement in Texas, after seeing this election results..
I don't blame you. Minnesota is going to get expensive.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

a few stayed behind to handle stuff like reading.