UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: #DHSLeaks

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:55 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:28 am

I believe Ivy has already schooled you on Citizens. His absence doesn't make his arguments go away. You can search for them if you feel like it.

I was opposed to the Patriot Act early and railed against it being used against AnTiFa terrorists despite their attempts to destroy our Republic in 2020 (I can use hyperbole too, the difference is that I'm not a sucker who believes the bullsh!t that extremists are spreading).

And no, I don't just agree that "those too threaten the sanctity of the Bill of Rights and on a much higher level than a Twitter employees emails" because it isn't about Twitter employee emails. It's about elected officials and/or government employees who believe that the Bill of Rights isn't absolute. Trying to limit the argument to it's "Twitter employees emails" is an attempt to sweep the shenanigans under a rug and minimize their impact. The sources you believe on this are just as biased as the sources that SG is using for the Ukraine thread.

Does Twitter have a right as a private company to moderate content? It's complicated because it's a public forum but yes. Should Twitter (or Twitter employees) be unduly influenced by members of government or a particular political party? No, they should be neutral and apply the same standards to all parties. They haven't been doing that and that is a YUGE problem.
Nobody is being forced to use Twitter. :coffee:
How colonial of you.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:01 am
kalm wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:04 am

Where did say I liked crony capitalism?

I like creative geniuses too. I even appreciate a little eccentricity (the two often go hand in hand). Musk appears to be more shrewd businessman and egoist than creative genius. What are his political and governance credentials other than announcing “We’ll coup whoever we want”?

And who is accusing who of being a mass murdering Che Guevara type?
You said GM, GM = crony capitalism.

You're the one that inferred that Musk was a creative genius.

Progressive firebrands (like the Squat) revere Che, thus AOChe's nickname.

Back on point, Taibbi's on to something more substantive than "Russia collusion" but you want to pretend it isn't a big deal. Saying the Bill of Rights isn't absolute is just as much an attack on the Constitution as trump's tweets.x
That's the irony of these Leftists. For years klammy played the nuance card, but there's not much he can do on these Twitter dumps other than push narratives. Sad really.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

New Twitter dump, this one by Bari Weiss (personally not a fan) on the blacklisting and dethrottling of certain users. Spin away klambake.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:45 am

I’m highly skeptical, yes.

Did you show this much concern over Citizens United and personhood? Or disregard for the 4th amendment regarding the Patriot Act? I honestly don’t remember. But you’d agree those too threaten the sanctity of the Bill of Rights and on a much higher level than a Twitter employees emails.

So does Twitter, as a company, have a right to moderate content?

Is the employee at Twitter, who neither of have ever heard of running for president? That is sone serious deep state shit right there!
I believe Ivy has already schooled you on Citizens. His absence doesn't make his arguments go away. You can search for them if you feel like it.

I was opposed to the Patriot Act early and railed against it being used against AnTiFa terrorists despite their attempts to destroy our Republic in 2020 (I can use hyperbole too, the difference is that I'm not a sucker who believes the bullsh!t that extremists are spreading).

And no, I don't just agree that "those too threaten the sanctity of the Bill of Rights and on a much higher level than a Twitter employees emails" because it isn't about Twitter employee emails. It's about elected officials and/or government employees who believe that the Bill of Rights isn't absolute. Trying to limit the argument to it's "Twitter employees emails" is an attempt to sweep the shenanigans under a rug and minimize their impact. The sources you believe on this are just as biased as the sources that SG is using for the Ukraine thread.

Does Twitter have a right as a private company to moderate content? It's complicated because it's a public forum but yes. Should Twitter (or Twitter employees) be unduly influenced by members of government or a particular political party? No, they should be neutral and apply the same standards to all parties. They haven't been doing that and that is a YUGE problem.
Exactly. Twitter censoring people and topics at the behest of the gubmint is the underlying issue here. Everything else related to this topic is just noise.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:52 pm

Exactly. Twitter censoring people and topics at the behest of the gubmint is the underlying issue here. Everything else related to this topic is just noise.
Agreed. For this reason we should consider nationalizing it. Public squares shouldn’t be privately owned.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:12 am

Agreed. For this reason we should consider nationalizing it. Public squares shouldn’t be privately owned.
Or just change the regs, it's obvious from these Twitter dumps that the gubmint can't be trusted to control the public square anyone thinking otherwise is a fool.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:39 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:55 pm

Nobody is being forced to use Twitter. :coffee:
How colonial of you.
Me? Isn't that how our free-market system works? :?

Twitter doesn't do what you want, you take your bidniz to Truth Social? No?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Why would you do business with an outfit that acts like that? :?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:37 am
kalm wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:12 am

Or just change the regs, it's obvious from these Twitter dumps that the gubmint can't be trusted to control the public square anyone thinking otherwise is a fool.
But we should trust one guy to do it? Ok.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:39 pm How colonial of you.
Me? Isn't that how our free-market system works? :?

Twitter doesn't do what you want, you take your bidniz to Truth Social? No?
Can’t wait to see AOChe and the other illiberals bitching about Musk’s takeover move to Truth Social.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:42 am

One guy?
Says who?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

ItS a PrIvAtE cOmPaNy JuSt BuIlD YoUrE oWn
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:42 pm

ItS a PrIvAtE cOmPaNy JuSt BuIlD YoUrE oWn
So Elon’s liberty and public square comments are fairly empty.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Deep State is big mad at Elon. :lol:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:02 pm Deep State is big mad at Elon. :lol:

You guys dislike Vindman because he’s of Ukrainian decent.

:lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:34 pm

Huh? :lol:

That does remind me, should he have picked up a gun and went over to help his people? Wonder why he isn't.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

I love how Vindman pulls out the Nazi card and goes right to Goebbels for how Elon is using Twitter now. No comment on how Twitter was used previously (government intervention, stories pulled or buried, individuals algorithmed out of view) and how that compares to Goebbels. I still hold to my position that people have a very cursory and incomplete knowledge of the history they try to reference most of the time.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

This Byron Donalds guy is pretty good. Not even an attorney.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:This Byron Donalds guy is pretty good. Not even an attorney.
kalm told me it’s a nothingburger.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:43 pm
BDKJMU wrote:This Byron Donalds guy is pretty good. Not even an attorney. %7Ctwgr%5Eef4e00e9aec715f78d9c0967c9ff4494443de47c%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fredstate.com%2Fnick-arama%2F2023%2F02%2F08%2Fbyron-donalds-lights-up-twitter-officials-drops-receipts-on-contact-with-biden-team-n700795

Well YOU might really need to see Hunter’s dick pics, but I’m good.

:)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:59 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:43 pm
Well YOU might really need to see Hunter’s dick pics, but I’m good.

:)
The ones that Jill took?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:36 pm

Huh? :lol:

That does remind me, should he have picked up a gun and went over to help his people? Wonder why he isn't.
He's fighting the bigger fight here. Like Dick Cheney during Vietnam.