Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:28 am
kalm wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:53 am

You just need to rally out an older Porsche…

The thought has crossed my mind. :D

There is a '83 944 coupe nearby for sale ($12k) but it has been gutted and turned into a race car. They did a very nice job, but it only has one seat and wouldn't make the best vehicle for the winter. It would be a bit drafty. :lol:
I was guessing it did. 944 and 924 rollers can still be had for cheap. Might consider an optima battery, some new cabin rubber and an aux heater. ;)
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:39 am
Winterborn wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:28 am

The thought has crossed my mind. :D

There is a '83 944 coupe nearby for sale ($12k) but it has been gutted and turned into a race car. They did a very nice job, but it only has one seat and wouldn't make the best vehicle for the winter. It would be a bit drafty. :lol:
I was guessing it did. 944 and 924 rollers can still be had for cheap. Might consider an optima battery, some new cabin rubber and an aux heater. ;)
With the full roll cage in the vehicle and updated racing fuel cell tank, I might need a can of spray foam as well. :lol:

I will find one here sometime. Though I need to decrease the amount of projects I have going on first.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Somebody should open an investigation or something. Call it “Twitter Files”.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:15 am Somebody should open an investigation or something. Call it “Twitter Files”.

Are you really trying to equate the billionaire owner of Twitter manipulating the platform for self aggrandizement to bureaucrats manipulating the platform to manipulate and influence people and elections?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:10 am
kalm wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:15 am Somebody should open an investigation or something. Call it “Twitter Files”.

Are you really trying to equate the billionaire owner of Twitter manipulating the platform for self aggrandizement to bureaucrats manipulating the platform to manipulate and influence people and elections?
They both clearly land. :)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:12 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:10 am

Yeah, almost the same. :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:10 am

1). I’m Elon, here’s my independent journalist who’s confirming everything I and the alt right have been saying.

2). We’re still gathering evidence to blow the lid off the Trump administration’s (you know…the one’s who were actually in charge of the government at the time) pleas to interfere with Twitter content.

You guys do know that no one is taking the Twitter Files seriously at this point, right?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:52 pm

1). I’m Elon, here’s my independent journalist who’s confirming everything I and the alt right have been saying.

2). We’re still gathering evidence to blow the lid off the Trump administration’s (you know…the one’s who were actually in charge of the government at the time) pleas to interfere with Twitter content.

You guys do know that no one who drank the illiberal kool-aid is taking the Twitter Files seriously at this point, right?
FYP

So the twitter files have become a partisan joke kind of like how the January 6 committee became a partisan joke?
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Yup - just like Private Citizen Biden trying to get dick pics removed is the same as the Sitting President at the time pressuring Twitter to quash stories unfavorable to his orangeness are almost the same.
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:33 pm

You guys do know that no one who drank the illiberal kool-aid is taking the Twitter Files seriously at this point, right?
FYP

So the twitter files have become a partisan joke kind of like how the January 6 committee became a partisan joke?
If you think the bipartisan committee that has shown the major conspiracy to overturn an election is a joke, then you are far down the rabbit hole.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:01 pm
FYP

If you think the bipartisan committee that has shown the major conspiracy to overturn an election is a joke, then you are far down the rabbit hole.
It started out with an extremely important purpose but unfortunately turned into a dog & pony show because the leaders were more interested in PR than truth and justice.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

FYP

:suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:04 pm

It started out with an extremely important purpose but unfortunately turned into a dog & pony show because the leaders were more interested in PR than truth and justice.
And you are wrong on that.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:00 pm

:suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Traitor says what?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:04 pm It started out with an extremely important purpose but unfortunately turned into a dog & pony show because the leaders were more interested in PR than truth and justice.
You are entitled to your subjective opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:45 am
dbackjon wrote:

You’re the subjective counter opinion to his subjective opinion.

Both sides do it!

:clap:
:)
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:47 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:45 am

You’re the subjective counter opinion to his subjective opinion.

Both sides do it!

:clap:
:)
Shut up kalm. No need for you to butt in.

:mrgreen:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

You guys do know that no one is taking the Twitter Files seriously at this point, right?
I don't think the Twitter files have uncovered anything people didn't already know. Now if they got more into who in the government was driving a lot of the narrative, they might be a little more interested. I'm not talking individuals either, but the Global Engagement Center of the State Department.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:45 am

I don't think the Twitter files have uncovered anything people didn't already know. Now if they got more into who in the government was driving a lot of the narrative, they might be a little more interested. I'm not talking individuals either, but the Global Engagement Center of the State Department.
Now how did SeatleGriz beat the Twitter Files in regards to the GEC by three weeks?

If you don't know what's going on here, the Government, under Obama, started declaring people they didn't like as foreign actors and thus just like illegal FISA searches, get to look into cyber identities. Illegal searches and then target them.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:00 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:45 am

Now how did SeatleGriz beat the Twitter Files in regards to the GEC by three weeks?

If you don't know what's going on here, the Government, under Obama, started declaring people they didn't like as foreign actors and thus just like illegal FISA searches, get to look into cyber identities. Illegal searches and then target them.
You see the WhatsApp releases?
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:01 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:00 pm

I did. I think those might be more damaging because the reporter got all of them, whereas with Twitter, I believe they are asking to see tweets and don't have unfettered access.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:35 am
Winterborn wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:01 am

I did. I think those might be more damaging because the reporter got all of them, whereas with Twitter, I believe they are asking to see tweets and don't have unfettered access.
They could be, but people will have to a) pay attention, and b) care. Either way it all stinks of elitism.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Taibbi owns lib donk congresswoman..
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:20 am Taibbi owns lib donk congresswoman..
I never thought I'd see the day that BDK would be supporting Taibbi and kalm would be pooh-poohing him but it's happened. I don't think we need to worry about global warming, hell is about to freeze over. :D