Post by kalm »

Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: Welcome To Hell, Elon

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:07 am
But she didn't get her blue check back. Just the one she stuck on as her profile picture. :lol:

Those poor journos and celebrities will survive with or without their much beloved blue checkmark. :nod:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 6:10 am
Well it sure as heck wasn’t the home of free speech before Musk took over..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

What we already knew with the Twitter files..
Judge limits Biden administration contact with social media firms

A federal judge in Louisiana ruled Tuesday that the Biden administration likely violated the First Amendment by censoring unfavorable views on social media over the course of the coronavirus pandemic, calling the efforts “Orwellian.”

U.S. District Court Judge Terry Doughty also issued a sweeping preliminary injunction barring numerous federal officials and agencies — including Surgeon General Vivek Murthy, Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra, White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre and all employees of the Justice Department and FBI — from having any contact with social media firms for the purpose of discouraging or removing First Amendment-protected speech…

…“During the COVID-19 pandemic, a period perhaps best characterized by widespread doubt and uncertainty, the United States Government seems to have assumed a role similar to an Orwellian ‘Ministry of Truth,’” Doughty wrote in his 155-page opinion, which was released as most federal courts were closed for the Independence Day holiday.…

….The judge’s decision cites a wide range of topics that he says “all were suppressed” on social media at the urging of administration officials, including opposition to Covid vaccines, masking, lockdowns and the lab-leak theory; opposition to the validity of the 2020 election; opposition to President Joe Biden’s and other officials’ policies; and statements claiming that the story surrounding a laptop belonging to Biden’s son Hunter Biden was true.

Each topic “suppressed” was a conservative view, which “is quite telling,” Doughty declared.

“This targeted suppression of conservative ideas is a perfect example of viewpoint discrimination of political speech,” he continued. “American citizens have the right to engage in free debate about the significant issues affecting the country … the evidence produced thus far depicts an almost dystopian scenario.”

However, the judge also pointed to past efforts to delete or suppress content from Robert F. Kennedy Jr., an anti-vaccine activist who in April announced he is challenging Biden for the 2024 Democratic presidential nomination.

Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry celebrated the ruling, calling it a “historic injunction” against the Biden administration that prevents it “from censoring the core political speech of ordinary Americans on social media” in a statement Tuesday afternoon.

“The evidence in our case is shocking and offensive,” Landry added.

The Justice Department has argued in the case that federal officials engaging with social media companies were simply encouraging them to police their platforms and that the officials’ speech in doing so was protected by the First Amendment. Federal officials have denied engaging in threats or coercion to force the companies to de-platform certain speech or speakers, although top officials sometimes denounced the companies in stark terms.

“They’re killing people,” Biden said in July 2021, after being asked about the presence of anti-vaccine content on Facebook and other sites. “The only pandemic we have is among the unvaccinated, and they’re killing people.”

Doughty has been overseeing the suit the attorneys general of Missouri and Louisiana filed last year claiming that the administration’s pressure on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube was so intense that it amounted to censorship. In a rebuke to Doughty in January, the 5th Circuit blocked efforts to force former White House press secretary Jen Psaki to testify in the case.
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/07/0 ... s-00104656
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:39 pm What we already knew with the Twitter files..
Judge limits Biden administration contact with social media firms

A federal judge in Louisiana ruled Tuesday that the Biden administration likely violated the First Amendment by censoring unfavorable views on social media over the course of the coronavirus pandemic, calling the efforts “Orwellian.”

U.S. District Court Judge Terry Doughty also issued a sweeping preliminary injunction barring numerous federal officials and agencies — including Surgeon General Vivek Murthy, Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra, White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre and all employees of the Justice Department and FBI — from having any contact with social media firms for the purpose of discouraging or removing First Amendment-protected speech…

…“During the COVID-19 pandemic, a period perhaps best characterized by widespread doubt and uncertainty, the United States Government seems to have assumed a role similar to an Orwellian ‘Ministry of Truth,’” Doughty wrote in his 155-page opinion, which was released as most federal courts were closed for the Independence Day holiday.…

….The judge’s decision cites a wide range of topics that he says “all were suppressed” on social media at the urging of administration officials, including opposition to Covid vaccines, masking, lockdowns and the lab-leak theory; opposition to the validity of the 2020 election; opposition to President Joe Biden’s and other officials’ policies; and statements claiming that the story surrounding a laptop belonging to Biden’s son Hunter Biden was true.

Each topic “suppressed” was a conservative view, which “is quite telling,” Doughty declared.

“This targeted suppression of conservative ideas is a perfect example of viewpoint discrimination of political speech,” he continued. “American citizens have the right to engage in free debate about the significant issues affecting the country … the evidence produced thus far depicts an almost dystopian scenario.”

However, the judge also pointed to past efforts to delete or suppress content from Robert F. Kennedy Jr., an anti-vaccine activist who in April announced he is challenging Biden for the 2024 Democratic presidential nomination.

Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry celebrated the ruling, calling it a “historic injunction” against the Biden administration that prevents it “from censoring the core political speech of ordinary Americans on social media” in a statement Tuesday afternoon.

“The evidence in our case is shocking and offensive,” Landry added.

The Justice Department has argued in the case that federal officials engaging with social media companies were simply encouraging them to police their platforms and that the officials’ speech in doing so was protected by the First Amendment. Federal officials have denied engaging in threats or coercion to force the companies to de-platform certain speech or speakers, although top officials sometimes denounced the companies in stark terms.

“They’re killing people,” Biden said in July 2021, after being asked about the presence of anti-vaccine content on Facebook and other sites. “The only pandemic we have is among the unvaccinated, and they’re killing people.”

Doughty has been overseeing the suit the attorneys general of Missouri and Louisiana filed last year claiming that the administration’s pressure on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube was so intense that it amounted to censorship. In a rebuke to Doughty in January, the 5th Circuit blocked efforts to force former White House press secretary Jen Psaki to testify in the case.
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/07/0 ... s-00104656
Yeah…about those. What did they reveal? Are they as Rick solid as the Tucker tapes?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Govt agencies have no business coordinating with social media.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Elon Musk takes over one of the biggest brands in Tech and decides it needs a rebrand. :lol:

Somewhere out there, Chizzang is saying "damn, Pwns was right about Musk all along". :nod:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Pwns wrote:Elon Musk takes over one of the biggest brands in Tech and decides it needs a rebrand. :lol:

Somewhere out there, Chizzang is ironing his chinos and saying "damn, Pwns was right about Musk all along". :nod:
FYP :D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

What a child… :lol:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

What Ponsin didn’t know was that Tesla employees had been instructed to thwart any customers complaining about poor driving range from bringing their vehicles in for service. Last summer, the company quietly created a “Diversion Team” in Las Vegas to cancel as many range-related appointments as possible.

The Austin, Texas-based electric carmaker deployed the team because its service centers were inundated with appointments from owners who had expected better performance based on the company’s advertised estimates and the projections displayed by the in-dash range meters of the cars themselves, according to several people familiar with the matter.

A Tesla logo shown outside a Beijing showroom. The automaker’s estimates of its electric vehicles’ driving range have been among the most aggressive in the industry. It has faced thousands of complaints from customers disappointed by the vehicles’ real-world performance. REUTERS/Thomas Peter
Inside the Nevada team’s office, some employees celebrated canceling service appointments by putting their phones on mute and striking a metal xylophone, triggering applause from coworkers who sometimes stood on desks. The team often closed hundreds of cases a week and staffers were tracked on their average number of diverted appointments per day.

Managers told the employees that they were saving Tesla about $1,000 for every canceled appointment, the people said. Another goal was to ease the pressure on service centers, some of which had long waits for appointments.

In most cases, the complaining customers’ cars likely did not need repair, according to the people familiar with the matter. Rather, Tesla created the groundswell of complaints another way – by hyping the range of its futuristic electric vehicles, or EVs, raising consumer expectations beyond what the cars can deliver. Teslas often fail to achieve their advertised range estimates and the projections provided by the cars’ own equipment, according to Reuters interviews with three automotive experts who have tested or studied the company’s vehicles.
https://www.reuters.com/investigates/sp ... ies-range/
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:48 pm Image
Valid question. :lol:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:07 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:48 pm Image
I have no clue what you guys are talking about.

:whistle:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:43 pm
Winterborn wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:07 pm

I can give you a link ... :whistle:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:17 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:43 pm

I’ll bet you can you filthy bastard.

(I didn’t know PDX would turn you gay this quickly)

:)
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:02 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:17 pm

The link he sent me shows him to have eclectic tastes
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:00 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:02 pm

That link was personalized to appeal to SG's hidden desires based on his Google search history. Your link would involve farm animals and kalm's BBC.
:o :oops: :coffee: :kisswink:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:13 pm
houndawg wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:00 pm

That link was personalized to appeal to SG's hidden desires based on his Google search history. Your link would involve farm animals and kalm's BBC.
I guess you're more fun than your neighborhood-scold persona suggests! :thumb:

I figured fappin to Dostoyevsky would be more your style than she-male action :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:14 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:13 pm

I figured fappin to Dostoyevsky would be more your style than she-male action :coffee:
Dostoyevsky is not fappin’ material.

From what I’ve heard. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:49 pm
houndawg wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:14 pm

Dostoyevsky is not fappin’ material.

From what I’ve heard. :coffee:
that's true, for most of us
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:28 pm
:notworthy: