Political discussions
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Tulsi Leaves the Democrat Party

Post by Pwns »

It's so comical that shitlibs increasingly see people like Tulsi, Bill Maher, and Glenn Greenwald are "right wing" because they don't love internet censorship and inane race and gender politics. Oh, and they probably work for Russia too. :lol:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: Tulsi Leaves the Democrat Party

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:27 am

It's so comical that shitlibs increasingly see people like Tulsi, Bill Maher, and Glenn Greenwald are "right wing" because they don't love internet censorship and inane race and gender politics. Oh, and they probably work for Russia too. :lol:
Or…you know…they’ve shifted their own rhetoric and loyalties to the right.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:30 pm

Or Democrats have shifted to the left and taken to calling the people that didn't follow mean names.

Tulsi, Maher, and Greenwald's thoughts and opinions tend to be more accurate and insightful than those of the whackadoodle extremists on either side. :coffee:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:39 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:30 pm

Or Democrats have shifted to the left and taken to calling the people that didn't follow mean names.

Tulsi, Maher, and Greenwald's thoughts and opinions tend to be more accurate and insightful than those of the whackadoodle extremists on either side. :coffee:
Behold! The ever wandering middle!
Last edited by kalm on Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Hillary was right about the Russian Asset...
:thumb:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

You think Tulsi, Maher, and Greenwald are centrists or something?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:38 pm
No, I think they have functioning brainstems, unlike the people that call them names.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:48 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:38 pm

No, I think they have functioning brainstems, unlike the people that call them names.
Did she have a functioning brainstorm when she endorsed Bernie in 2016? Did Bernie have one when he publicly defended her against accusations of being a Russian asset by z Hillary?
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

kalm wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:51 am

Did she have a functioning brainstorm when she endorsed Bernie in 2016? Did Bernie have one when he publicly defended her against accusations of being a Russian asset by z Hillary?
Wait, I thought Tulsi was a right-winger? And I suppose Greenwald who endorsed Bernie Sanders in 2020 and supported Jeremy Corbyn is also a right winger, right?

Face it, a lot of these people who are anti-war and anti-security state are the same people they were in the Bush years, but when they go after Democrats they all of the sudden become Russian assets. Kind of the same way people loved Julian Assange during the Iraq war but hated him when he put Queen Hillary in his cross-hairs. :nod:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:22 am

Wait, I thought Tulsi was a right-winger? And I suppose Greenwald who endorsed Bernie Sanders in 2020 and supported Jeremy Corbyn is also a right winger, right?

Face it, a lot of these people who are anti-war and anti-security state are the same people they were in the Bush years, but when they go after Democrats they all of the sudden become Russian assets. Kind of the same way people loved Julian Assange during the Iraq war but hated him when he put Queen Hillary in his cross-hairs. :nod:
I’m not sure you’re aware of their positions and statements. I’ve liked all three (Maher, Greenwald, Gabbard) at various times. That doesn’t dismiss their shitty stances and allegiances. All three have libertarian streaks in them that are appealing. I’m non partisan like that.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Yes she did. I don't always agree with her (I obviously disagree with any endorsement of Bernie) but she has demonstrated that she can apply logic and reason when forming an opinion and not just follow the groupthink that is expected by the extremes of either party.

The way that Democrats have reacted to Tulsi, Maher and Greenwald is similar to how Republicans have reacted to Cheney, Kinzinger, etc. That haven't been quite as vitriolic but they have ostracized them. You'll rationalize it that it isn't as bad but applying a litmus test isn't indictive of a big tent where differing ideas are welcome.

The Democratic Party would be better if they were truly liberal enough to listen to and respect differing perspectives.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:35 am

Yes she did. I don't always agree with her (I obviously disagree with any endorsement of Bernie) but she has demonstrated that she can apply logic and reason when forming an opinion and not just follow the groupthink that is expected by the extremes of either party.

The way that Democrats have reacted to Tulsi, Maher and Greenwald is similar to how Republicans have reacted to Cheney, Kinzinger, etc. That haven't been quite as vitriolic but they have ostracized them. You'll rationalize it that it isn't as bad but applying a litmus test isn't indictive of a big tent where differing ideas are welcome.

The Democratic Party would be better if they were truly liberal enough to listen to and respect differing perspectives.
Sure. Which is where I’m at with Tulsi and why I’m not a Democrat.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

One problem with her Statement is that, of the two major political parties, the Democratic Party is not the bigger threat to our freedoms..."God Given" or otherwise. The Republican Party is. That's how it is at this time in history at least.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:29 pm

One problem with her Statement is that, of the two major political parties, the Democratic Party is not the bigger threat to our freedoms..."God Given" or otherwise. The Republican Party is. That's how it is at this time in history at least.
Just because you keep saying this doesn't make it true. :coffee:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Thankfully it really doesn't mean much. I just looked it up and the district she represented has not voted for a Republican Presidential candidate since 1988 and has never elected a Republican House representative.

Otherwise: I am astounded that ANYBODY could look at what's going on with the Republican Party right now and not understand that the Republican Party is the greater threat.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:04 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:29 pm

No. What makes it true is that it's true. And it's obvious.
Could I ever be a star?

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:05 pm Thankfully it really doesn't mean much. I just looked it up and the district she represented has not voted for a Republican Presidential candidate since 1988 and has never elected a Republican House representative.

Otherwise: I am astounded that ANYBODY could look at what's going on with the Republican Party right now and not understand that the Republican Party is the greater threat.
Threat to what freedoms? That's a real broad, non-specific phrasing. To reproductive freedoms? Absolutely the GOP is the greater threat. To the freedom of immigrants to enter the country? Sure, again the GOP. I think the perceived threat to election security is way overblown - we had a meglomaniac in the White House who tried everything possible to stay in power, and he never even came close to making that happen. We aren't in the vicinity of a precipice, no matter how much people want to stoke the flames to cast the other side as the embodiment of evil. But what about the freedom of the right to work (i.e. not be required to work under a collective bargaining)? The Dems are shooting past this and now advocating implementing industry-wide collective bargaining. How is that not a threat to freedom? The Dems are clearly way past the GOP when it comes to policing and punishing speech that is deemed (by whom?) to be not covered by the freedom of speech. But in reality, there is no real threat, by either party, to the fundamentals of the Republic or this country. That's just political muckraking by both parties to prey upon easily impressionable voters. Look like they got you. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

The article I read didn't really specify whether she was going GOP, Libertarian, Independent, or just plain dropping out of politics altogether.

And, JSO, you're completely wrong about the GOP (the traditional GOP, anyway). The Trumpers are the main issue there. The national-level (and some state-level) Democrats are a HUGE problem, namely Pelosi and Newsom. Those two incompetents have GOT to go....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:06 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:04 pm

What color is the sky in your world?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:34 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:05 pm Thankfully it really doesn't mean much. I just looked it up and the district she represented has not voted for a Republican Presidential candidate since 1988 and has never elected a Republican House representative.

Threat to what freedoms?
To all of them. That's because the Republicans are engaged in trying to destroy government through the will of the People. The Democrats have never, ever done anything like what the Republicans are doing right now.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:02 am
JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:06 pm

The same as it is in yours. I am astounded that you cannot see that what's going on with the Republican Party and the base it is beholding to is a very serious threat.
Could I ever be a star?

Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:26 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:02 am

The same as it is in yours. I am astounded that you cannot see that what's going on with the Republican Party and the base it is beholding to is a very serious threat.
Obviously not as big of a threat as 9% inflation, record crime rates, unchecked illegal immigration, cheerleading WWIII, etc, etc, etc. :lol:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:25 pm
GannonFan wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:34 pm

Threat to what freedoms?
To all of them. That's because the Republicans are engaged in trying to destroy government through the will of the People. The Democrats have never, ever done anything like what the Republicans are doing right now.
Wasn't the South predominantly Democrat at the beginning of the Civil War?
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Baldy wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:31 am
JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:26 pm

Obviously not as big of a threat as 9% inflation, record crime rates, unchecked illegal immigration, cheerleading WWIII, etc, etc, etc. :lol:
JSO :lol: :lol: :lol: