Violent Rhetoric

Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Violent Rhetoric

Post by UNI88 »

Sen. Paul, conservatives warn of ‘violent consequences’ of Biden rhetoric following death of North Dakota teen
"Words can have violent consequences," Kentucky Republican Rand Paul, who was the victim of political violence along with his wife outside the Republican National Convention in 2020, told Fox News Digital in a statement. "President Biden needs to realize that his vilification of his opponents is inflaming some of his supporters to violence. As a victim of political violence, both sides need to recognize the consequences of heated rhetoric."

"An 18-year-old was executed in cold blood by a Democrat political terrorist because of rhetoric like this," Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., claimed on Twitter along with a video of Biden calling Trump supporters "extreme." "Democrats want Republicans dead, and they’ve already started the killings. Democrat’s political war against patriotic Americans must end!"
I agree with Senator Paul on this one but have to point out the hypocrisy of not also calling out inflammatory rhetoric by Republicans.

Didn't MTG go on a hateful Twitter rant against Muslims? How many inflammatory things has she said, tweeted, etc? Her commenting on this is beyond ironic.

What did Lindsey Graham say about riots in the streets if trump is charged?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Violent Rhetoric

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:59 am Sen. Paul, conservatives warn of ‘violent consequences’ of Biden rhetoric following death of North Dakota teen
"Words can have violent consequences," Kentucky Republican Rand Paul, who was the victim of political violence along with his wife outside the Republican National Convention in 2020, told Fox News Digital in a statement. "President Biden needs to realize that his vilification of his opponents is inflaming some of his supporters to violence. As a victim of political violence, both sides need to recognize the consequences of heated rhetoric."

"An 18-year-old was executed in cold blood by a Democrat political terrorist because of rhetoric like this," Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., claimed on Twitter along with a video of Biden calling Trump supporters "extreme." "Democrats want Republicans dead, and they’ve already started the killings. Democrat’s political war against patriotic Americans must end!"
I agree with Senator Paul on this one but have to point out the hypocrisy of not also calling out inflammatory rhetoric by Republicans.

Didn't MTG go on a hateful Twitter rant against Muslims? How many inflammatory things has she said, tweeted, etc? Her commenting on this is beyond ironic.

Violence is wrong and that transcends ideology.

If Biden’s words regarding fascism hurt people that might call for a little introspection.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:20 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:59 am Sen. Paul, conservatives warn of ‘violent consequences’ of Biden rhetoric following death of North Dakota teen

If Biden’s words regarding fascism hurt people that might call for a little introspection.

Then to paraphrase you:
- If MTG's words regarding Muslims hurt people that might call for a little introspection.
- If Graham's words regarding riots in the streets scared people that might also call for a little introspection.

:coffee:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

I don't think Biden calling people fascist caused any needles to move - Dems have been calling GOP nazis for decades now, starting with the original Hitler, George W himself. Of course, in retrospect, that looks absurd now (hint - it was also absurd then, but hey, go big or go home, right? If you're going to pillory your opponent, might as well go for the home run, no point just laying down a bunt). Poitical vitriol is just what we do anymore, I don't necessarily seeing that change anytime soon, no matter how many people are harmed.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

To paraphrase you:
- If MTG's words regarding Muslims hurt people that might call for a little introspection.
- If Grahams words regarding riots in the streets scared people that might call for a little introspection.

Biden and extremist Democrats' belief in an omnipotent government are just as much of a threat to this country as MAGAt Republicans.

Both extremes are confident in righteousness of their cause and blind to the threat that they pose.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:41 am

To paraphrase you:
- If Grahams words regarding riots in the streets scared people that might call for a little introspection.

Biden and extremist Democrats' belief in an omnipotent government are just as much of a threat to this country as MAGAt Republicans.

Both extremes are confident in righteousness of their cause and blind to the threat that they pose.

You could dare say, we're fighting fascism with even more fascism. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

The idea BLM is responsible for the Dallas police shootings or Tucker Carlson is responsible for the Buffallo shooting is dumb. We're the only country in the civilized world where this happens.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

To paraphrase you:

We should all be against violence, racism, fascism, rioting. I’ll leave your opinion that both sides are equivalent stand.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:55 pm The idea BLM is responsible for the Dallas police shootings or Tucker Carlson is responsible for the Buffallo shooting is dumb. We're the only country in the civilized world where this happens.
We are? :?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:22 pm
To paraphrase you:

We should all be against violence, racism, fascism, rioting. I’ll leave your opinion that both sides are equivalent stand.
To Ganny's point, is it ok to fight fascism with fascism?

Biden and his administration are trying to ostracize those that disagree with them rather than trying to work with them to find compromise and common ground. Granted many of the people that disagree with them are doing the same thing back so it isn't easy but someone needs to be the adult in the room and actually lead. I thought that was part of Biden's appeal/pitch? Unfortunately, he hasn't come close to living up to it.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:50 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:22 pm

Biden and his administration are trying to ostracize those that disagree with them rather than trying to work with them to find compromise and common ground. Granted many of the people that disagree with them are doing the same thing back so it isn't easy but someone needs to be the adult in the room and actually lead. I thought that was part of Biden's appeal/pitch? Unfortunately, he hasn't come close to living up to it.
You fight fascism with Democracy and law and order.

"Each one hopes that if he feeds the crocodile enough, the crocodile will eat him last."

- Churchill

There’s disagreement over policy and then there’s disagreement over democracy, reason, rule of law, and violence.

And despite widespread condemnation of Chamberlin’s appeasement even Churchill tried to play nice for awhile before he realized ‘fuck that, these guys are crazy’.

Just a few of Trump’s truth social posts from two nights ago. Are these the kind of people you work with to find common ground? Should they be appeased?

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:07 am

"Each one hopes that if he feeds the crocodile enough, the crocodile will eat him last."

- Churchill

There’s disagreement over policy and then there’s disagreement over democracy, reason, rule of law, and violence.

And despite widespread condemnation of Chamberlin’s appeasement even Churchill tried to play nice for awhile before he realized ‘fuck that, these guys are crazy’.

Just a few of Trump’s truth social posts from two nights ago. Are these the kind of people you work with to find common ground? Should they be appeased?

That's not what we saw in the summer of 2020.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

- Churchill

Since Biden's speech in front of the devil's grotto calling Conks an exetential threat to the nation, we've had one Donk politician stab a journalist to death and another Donk run over a young Conk because he thought the kid was an "extremist". Yeah, let's find common ground with these people. :roll:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:15 am

- Churchill

Since Biden's speech in front of the devil's grotto calling Conks an exetential threat to the nation, we've had one Donk politician stab a journalist to death and another Donk run over a young Conk because he thought the kid was an "extremist". Yeah, let's find common ground with these people. :roll:
Evil exists on both sides. Still not close to equivalent. And Dark Brandon’s stage set up was unfortunate…I agree.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
Baldy wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:15 am Since Biden's speech in front of the devil's grotto calling Conks an exetential threat to the nation, we've had one Donk politician stab a journalist to death and another Donk run over a young Conk because he thought the kid was an "extremist". Yeah, let's find common ground with these people. :roll:
Evil exists on both sides. Still not close to equivalent. And Dark Brandon’s stage set up was unfortunate…I agree.

I agree, the threat of the Democrats' omnipotent government to our Republic is much more insidious and greater than the threat of a tinpot dictator wannabe and his followers. That makes Biden and Garland a greater evil than trump.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

- Churchill

so sad :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

The bottom line is that Biden was absolutely correct in calling out the danger that is presented by what he calls "MAGA Republicans." People need to realize that the mentality that put Trump in office is dangerous to this country. Trump being elected President is an obvious indicator that we have a serious problem with a critical mass of people in this country. They are not the majority. Thank Goodness. But they are a threat that needs to be defeated.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:30 am
kalm wrote:

I agree, the threat of the Democrats' omnipotent government to our Republic is much more insidious and greater than the threat of a tinpot dictator wannabe and his followers. That makes Biden and Garland a greater evil than trump.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Well duh!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:40 pm

The bottom line is that Biden was absolutely correct in calling out the danger that is presented by what he calls "MAGA Republicans." People need to realize that the mentality that put Trump in office is dangerous to this country. Trump being elected President is an obvious indicator that we have a serious problem with a critical mass of people in this country. They are not the majority. Thank Goodness. But they are a threat that needs to be defeated.
You are such a bridge builder.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

- Churchill

...payback's a bitch. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:21 pm
Not a surprise that a Leftist would condone violent actions against those with opposing ideology.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:53 pm
Not a surprise that a Leftist would condone violent actions against those with opposing ideology.
kalm, how should we respond to Houndy's fascism?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

:roll:

...not condoning anything just an observation on how the universe seems to balance these things out..person from one side gets run over at one event, person from the other side gets run over at another event.

SDHornet...ever the drama queen.. :ohno:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:56 pm

You should clutch your pearls and recoil in horror while SDQueef convulses reflexively and gasps on about forever wars. :coffee:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

houndawg wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:20 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:56 pm

You should clutch your pearls and recoil in horror while SDQueef convulses reflexively and gasps on about forever wars. :coffee:
This is funny coming from the Drama Grandma who balled himself up in the fetal position because he was convinced that a couple hundred unarmed rednecks were trying to overthrow the country. :lol: