UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Violent Rhetoric

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:13 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:54 am
Yep, my kids are in HS or beyond so I dodged that bullet. I'm grateful they're not in elementary or middle school where I might have to deal with that indoctrination like some parents.
You still wouldn’t have to teach them applying CRT.
:suspicious: I'm not sure what you're trying to communicate.

If you're trying to say that CRT hasn't been taught then I think it's pretty clear that you're wrong. It has been taught in some schools and unfortunately, it's been taught as if it is history not a theory.

Primary and secondary schools should focus on teaching actual history, not theories. Theories might be appropriate for Honors/AP classes but should be clearly taught as theories not fact.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:19 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:13 pm

You still wouldn’t have to teach them applying CRT.

If you're trying to say that CRT hasn't been taught then I think it's pretty clear that you're wrong. It has been taught in some schools and unfortunately, it's been taught as if it is history not a theory.

Primary and secondary schools should focus on teaching actual history, not theories. Theories might be appropriate for Honors/AP classes but should be clearly taught as theories not fact.
YOU would not be required to teach it. If the school included it in its curriculum you could offer a dissenting version of history at home. Same could be said for the theory of evolution.

I refused to accept the new math my kids were taught. I was prepared to start a Revolution over it too. :ohno:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:21 pm

YOU would not be required to teach it. If the school included it in its curriculum you could offer a dissenting version of history at home. Same could be said for the theory of evolution.

I refused to accept the new math my kids were taught. I was prepared to start a Revolution over it too. :ohno:
It should not be included in ANY curriculum. It’s a byproduct of the recent “woke” era and agenda and nothing more. It’s a gross misrepresentation of “history” and should be weeded out and sent to the dust bin. I shouldn’t have to spend time in my home counteracting the bullshit being put into my kids’ heads at school.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Teach a dissenting opinion at home ... :rofl: I've already addressed that fallacious argument.
UNI88 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:45 am Supplement my child's education at home? Really? I agree that slavery and racism have played a major role in our country's history. I disagree with CRT in that I don't think they are the foundation upon which the country was built. If CRT is being taught, it's being taught as fact, not theory and I have a major problem with that. How do you think it would go if my child were being taught CRT as history and I supplemented their education at home? Do you really think that the teacher is going to give my child credit for independent thinking? No, they're going to get bad grades because their answers and papers will contradict what is being taught in class.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:33 pm

Teach a dissenting opinion at home ... :rofl: I've already addressed that fallacious argument.
UNI88 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:45 am Supplement my child's education at home? Really? I agree that slavery and racism have played a major role in our country's history. I disagree with CRT in that I don't think they are the foundation upon which the country was built. If CRT is being taught, it's being taught as fact, not theory and I have a major problem with that. How do you think it would go if my child were being taught CRT as history and I supplemented their education at home? Do you really think that the teacher is going to give my child credit for independent thinking? No, they're going to get bad grades because their answers and papers will contradict what is being taught in class.
I’d say that’s a tremendous opportunity for a discussion of critical thinking skills. :)

I’d honestly like to see a breakdown of what’s actually being taught, at what age, and its prevalence rather than just anecdotal evidence and opinion.

Here’s a brief primer from an admittedly likely biased source.
Critical race theory is an academic concept that is more than 40 years old. The core idea is that race is a social construct, and that racism is not merely the product of individual bias or prejudice, but also something embedded in legal systems and policies.

The basic tenets of critical race theory, or CRT, emerged out of a framework for legal analysis in the late 1970s and early 1980s created by legal scholars Derrick Bell, Kimberlé Crenshaw, and Richard Delgado, among others.

A good example is when, in the 1930s, government officials literally drew lines around areas deemed poor financial risks, often explicitly due to the racial composition of inhabitants. Banks subsequently refused to offer mortgages to Black people in those areas.

Today, those same patterns of discrimination live on through facially race-blind policies, like single-family zoning that prevents the building of affordable housing in advantaged, majority-white neighborhoods and, thus, stymies racial desegregation efforts.

CRT also has ties to other intellectual currents, including the work of sociologists and literary theorists who studied links between political power, social organization, and language. And its ideas have since informed other fields, like the humanities, the social sciences, and teacher education.
This academic understanding of critical race theory differs from representation in recent popular books and, especially, from its portrayal by critics—often, though not exclusively, conservative Republicans. Critics charge that the theory leads to negative dynamics, such as a focus on group identity over universal, shared traits; divides people into “oppressed” and “oppressor” groups; and urges intolerance.

Thus, there is a good deal of confusion over what CRT means, as well as its relationship to other terms, like “anti-racism” and “social justice,” with which it is often conflated.
To an extent, the term “critical race theory” is now cited as the basis of all diversity and inclusion efforts regardless of how much it’s actually informed those programs.
https://www.edweek.org/leadership/what- ... ck/2021/05

Your turn.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:54 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:24 am

As a parent, if my child was clearly uncomfortable in their body and it was obvious that they would be happier as another gender then I would support them. How that support would manifest would depend on their age and my certainty of what would make them happy. No way in hell would I want a 10 y/o's breasts to be removed. But I would consider hormone therapy before they became an adult and possibly before puberty if I was certain that they would be happier as the opposite gender. Call me a child abuser, I don't care. I'm the parent and I will support what I think is best for my child and their happiness. The decision like so many others is the responsibility of the parents, not the government.
I tried to allude to that in my post, but yes, there are a bunch of different things that come into play and no way am I trying to advocate for more government interference. I am trying to work around a line that both respects the child, the parent and the health of society as a whole. Honestly I would love the medical community to police itself and say in these cases, outside opinion is needed. I am not naive enough to think it will work in all cases but at least get it started and start the conversation.

I do not have kids, but if I did, I would want the best for them while balancing out the fact that some decisions are permanent and the fact all of our ideas/thoughts/wishes changed as we mature.
Problem is now the gubmint can step in and take those "transitioning" kids that are "questioning their gender" away from parents because the gubmint know better...and a child (who can't legally get a tattoo) can somehow now request surgery to "change their gender" because reasons.

It's utter madness and a losing position for leftists, but a serious issue that anyone who values human life should pay attention to.

Abigail Shrier's "Irreversible Damage" is a good read on this issue. The book is a few years old now but it was ahead of the curve on studying/investigating this child transgender/mutilation craze.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:09 am

Good thing is you don’t have to.
Yep, my kids are in HS or beyond so I dodged that bullet. I'm grateful they're not in elementary or middle school where I might have to deal with that indoctrination like some parents.
Exactly one of the reasons we sent the kid to private school. The government schools have your kid for 8+ hours a day, parents just can compete with that from an indoctrination standpoint.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:38 pm
Winterborn wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:54 am

I tried to allude to that in my post, but yes, there are a bunch of different things that come into play and no way am I trying to advocate for more government interference. I am trying to work around a line that both respects the child, the parent and the health of society as a whole. Honestly I would love the medical community to police itself and say in these cases, outside opinion is needed. I am not naive enough to think it will work in all cases but at least get it started and start the conversation.

I do not have kids, but if I did, I would want the best for them while balancing out the fact that some decisions are permanent and the fact all of our ideas/thoughts/wishes changed as we mature.
Problem is now the gubmint can step in and take those "transitioning" kids that are "questioning their gender" away from parents because the gubmint know better...and a child (who can't legally get a tattoo) can somehow now request surgery to "change their gender" because reasons.
They can? :suspicious:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:40 pm

Exactly one of the reasons we sent the kid to private school. The government schools have your kid for 8+ hours a day, parents just can compete with that from an indoctrination standpoint.
They aren't listening to you anyway - other than to figure out what pisses you off. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:21 am
SDHornet wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:38 pm

California just passed a law - SB107 - that appears to allow that but I'm not a lawyer so I might be reading it wrong.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:25 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:21 am

California just passed a law - SB107 - that appears to allow that but I'm not a lawyer so I might be reading it wrong.
I'm no expert and frankly didn't even know about this bill until you mentioned it, but it appears to still require a parent to be involved. Now, if two parents disagree then yes, this bill would appear to get in the way of that, but it doesn't sound like a kid on their own without any parent is impacted by this bill.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:40 pm

... at least send him to a Jesuit one.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

The Rolling Stone piece is a worthwhile read. Interesting what’s happened to him since. Here’s the cliff notes from the Guardian:
Of Hawley, the Missouri senator, Fanone said: “He comes down there, flashes the sign of solidarity, [and] riles up this fucking crowd.”

Hawley was famously pictured raising a fist to protesters – a picture he has used for fundraising purposes.

Fanone continued: “I would’ve had more respect for him if he said, ‘Charge,’ and fucking rushed the first fucking group of police officers that he could possibly fucking find. But he didn’t. He ran like a bitch as fast as he fucking could to the closest safe room in the fucking Capitol building.”

Among other startling footage from the Capitol on January 6, the House committee has shown security video in which Hawley is seen running through the Capitol as the mob breaks in.

Fanone, now an analyst for CNN, said his new mission in life was to “wag[e] a one-man war against Donald Trump and the fucking people that refuse to accept reality”.

Of Republicans under McCarthy and as high in the party as Trump who have sought to downplay the Capitol attack, he said: “You call [January 6] a ‘tourist day’, You say it was ‘hugs and kisses’. I’m going to be that fucking inconvenient motherfucker that pops his head up every time you say some stupid shit like that.”

He also said he does not want to be thought of as an American hero, in part because “Motherfuckers think [former vice-president] Mike Pence is a goddamn hero” for resisting Trump’s scheme to stay in power, and “don’t lump me in with that fucking pathetic coward”.

Discussing his work for CNN, Fanone described how he has had to moderate his language on air – and how he “did get in a lot of trouble for saying I thought history was going to shit on Mike Pence’s head”.

“They thought that it was inciteful language,” Fanone also remarked. “I said, ‘Listen’ – this is an actual conversation I had – ‘if a person named History takes a shit on Mike Pence’s head, I will apologise for having incited that behavior. But until a person named History literally takes a shit on Mike Pence’s head, I’m not saying shit, nor do I regret what I said, because history is going to shit on Mike Pence’s head.’”

He added: “History is going to be busy.”

Fanone said he thought most of those who physically attacked the Capitol might eventually be brought to account but doubted that those who incited the riot, from Trump down, would face the consequences of their actions.

“To me,” he said, “every last one of them should have been charged with sedition. These guys love 1776” – the year of the American revolution – “so much. They should be damned glad we’re not in 1776 because I’m pretty sure they would all end up on the fucking business end of a musket or the gallows.”
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2022/ ... NR9BCbPUSA
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:44 am The Rolling Stone piece is a worthwhile read. Interesting what’s happened to him since. Here’s the cliff notes from the Guardian:
Of Hawley, the Missouri senator, Fanone said: “He comes down there, flashes the sign of solidarity, [and] riles up this fucking crowd.”

Hawley was famously pictured raising a fist to protesters – a picture he has used for fundraising purposes.

Fanone continued: “I would’ve had more respect for him if he said, ‘Charge,’ and fucking rushed the first fucking group of police officers that he could possibly fucking find. But he didn’t. He ran like a bitch as fast as he fucking could to the closest safe room in the fucking Capitol building.”

Among other startling footage from the Capitol on January 6, the House committee has shown security video in which Hawley is seen running through the Capitol as the mob breaks in.

Fanone, now an analyst for CNN, said his new mission in life was to “wag[e] a one-man war against Donald Trump and the fucking people that refuse to accept reality”.

Of Republicans under McCarthy and as high in the party as Trump who have sought to downplay the Capitol attack, he said: “You call [January 6] a ‘tourist day’, You say it was ‘hugs and kisses’. I’m going to be that fucking inconvenient motherfucker that pops his head up every time you say some stupid shit like that.”

He also said he does not want to be thought of as an American hero, in part because “Motherfuckers think [former vice-president] Mike Pence is a goddamn hero” for resisting Trump’s scheme to stay in power, and “don’t lump me in with that fucking pathetic coward”.

Discussing his work for CNN, Fanone described how he has had to moderate his language on air – and how he “did get in a lot of trouble for saying I thought history was going to shit on Mike Pence’s head”.

“They thought that it was inciteful language,” Fanone also remarked. “I said, ‘Listen’ – this is an actual conversation I had – ‘if a person named History takes a shit on Mike Pence’s head, I will apologise for having incited that behavior. But until a person named History literally takes a shit on Mike Pence’s head, I’m not saying shit, nor do I regret what I said, because history is going to shit on Mike Pence’s head.’”

He added: “History is going to be busy.”

Fanone said he thought most of those who physically attacked the Capitol might eventually be brought to account but doubted that those who incited the riot, from Trump down, would face the consequences of their actions.

“To me,” he said, “every last one of them should have been charged with sedition. These guys love 1776” – the year of the American revolution – “so much. They should be damned glad we’re not in 1776 because I’m pretty sure they would all end up on the fucking business end of a musket or the gallows.”
Finally. Somebody calling the gutless conk fuck cunts out for the chickenshits they are. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:12 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:25 pm

I'm no expert and frankly didn't even know about this bill until you mentioned it, but it appears to still require a parent to be involved. Now, if two parents disagree then yes, this bill would appear to get in the way of that, but it doesn't sound like a kid on their own without any parent is impacted by this bill.
For now...
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Paul Pelosi attacked at his home.

Personally, I blame the Young Turks for pointing out how the Pelosi's use their position of influence to enrich themselves as a congressional family. We shouldn't be talking about how members of congress essentially can do insider trading. It just encourages violence.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:26 am
kalm wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:44 am The Rolling Stone piece is a worthwhile read. Interesting what’s happened to him since. Here’s the cliff notes from the Guardian:

Finally. Somebody calling the gutless conk fuck cunts out for the chickenshits they are. :coffee:
He asked the judge at one of the assailants sentencing hearing to show the same amount of mercy shown him at J6. The convict received the maximum sentence.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:08 am Paul Pelosi attacked at his home.

Personally, I blame the Young Turks for pointing out how the Pelosi's use their position of influence to enrich themselves as a congressional family. We shouldn't be talking about how members of congress essentially can do insider trading. It just encourages violence.
Truth!

:)
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

What's funny is that this is a liberal enclave where crime is out of control and people will assume it's a Maga nut and not just a garden-variety POS.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:46 am What's funny is that this is a liberal enclave where crime is out of control and people will assume it's a Maga nut and not just a garden-variety POS.
Why would they assume that?
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

The Pelosis are worth around $120 million. And she is 2nd in line for the presidential succession. How do they not have their own security, let alone SS protection, that allows someone to get in their house? Did Paul come home drunk and forget to turn on the alarm system? :suspicious:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:59 am

The Pelosis are worth around $120 million. And she is 2nd in line for the presidential succession. How do they not have their own security, let alone SS protection, that allows someone to get in their house? Did Paul come home drunk and forget to turn on the alarm system? :suspicious:
Good question. And how did it end or who intervened?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Pwns wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:46 am What's funny is that this is a liberal enclave where crime is out of control and people will assume it's a Maga nut and not just a garden-variety POS.
MAGAt, garden-variety POS or is this an early example of AnTiFa types turning against the Democratic establishment?

It's bound to happen eventually. It will be interesting to see who calls them mostly-peaceful protesters when it does.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

The guy that was reposting MyPillow guy conspiracies is a MAGA nut.

And from all reports mentally Ill.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:55 am
MAGAt, garden-variety POS or is this an early example of AnTiFa types turning against the Democratic establishment?

It's bound to happen eventually. It will be interesting to see who calls them mostly-peaceful protesters when it does.
very peaceful compared to the Jan.6 crowd :coffee: