dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Re: Shipping Migrants Inland

Post by dbackjon »

LOL at this thread.

Full of Right-wing lies and misinformation.
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:44 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:26 am SD being disingenuous as usual. An island like Martha's Vineyard - made up of small seasonal communities - is simply not equipped to humanely house and handle large groups of immigrants. The fact that within hours, people in those areas set-up temporary shelters, medical treatment, and fed the immigrants is a better representation of the communities.

In the end, they were moved to Cape Cod with the help of the NG to facilities where they can be humanely housed and treated per US and international law. They'll probably end up in Boston (and maybe Providence) where they can go through the courts from there.

I'm happy states are sending illegal immigrants to the North. They'll have a better opportunity at building their American dream than in sh*tholes like TX and FL. Immigrants - legal or otherwise - are the backbone of our communities and the nation as a whole.

I hope more begin to cross as they realize they have a free ride to the Northeast corridor, the greatest economic engine in the world.
You need to get out of your bubble. You REALLY don’t get it.
I would give your advise right back to you.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Baldy wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:01 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:55 pm

Regardless, do you think DeSantis was handling it the right way?
Considering how Biden is handling the border, absolutely.
Clueless.

Biden is handling the Border FAR better than your master Trump.

Concentrating on deporting criminals (something Trump ignored).
Increased Drug Seizures at border checkpoints (again, something Trump ignored)
Humanely treating LEGAL Asylum seekers.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Pwns wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:27 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:01 am

:clap:

The few illegal immigrants I know are some of the hardest working people I've met. They do stuff Americans don't want to (the US barely brings people over to do these tough non-agricultural jobs...restaurants, construction, etc). We NEED them for our economy.

Plus they're sweet people, they bring diversity to our communities, and the food is f*cking delicious.

I'm proud to have them as my neighbors and I hope in the future, they have pathways to citizenship. They're the American dream.
Is it jobs Americans won't do, or jobs they won't do for **** wages?

Moreover...if they don't drive down wages why does the Chamber of Commerce love illegal immigration so much?
Both. Even when there was higher unemployment, many jobs like in agriculture went unfilled. Face it, the typical meth-using Red State Welfare user isn't going to haul his ass to the fields every day.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:33 am
GannonFan wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:44 am

Of course the add-on question is how many return for their day in court, and what happens to the ones who are not granted asylum or do not return for their day in court?

Like I said in another post, our immigration policy, or lack thereof, is objectionable in many ways. Our de facto open border (and I struggle to find any argument saying that it is not open to be a sustainable argument) encourages people to risk their safety and their lives to try to reach the US border (and most come from countries several countries removed from the US, so these folks are crossing oceans (in some cases) and many countries to reach here), and then we don't have a system in place to properly deal with these folks once they do get here. We need to fix both those things. We need a good, robust, and legal immigration system to bring in the number of immigrants we do need - right now we don't have that.
Agreed as well. Saw Marco Rubio speak about this subject at length at a conference in San Antonio several years ago. He had a terrific, well thought out, comprehensive plan for finally solving the entire issue, from soup to nuts. Of course, no one in politics wants to hear it because the LAST thing they want to do is solve a problem that brings out the mouth-breather one-issue voters. And that goes for both sides of the aisle.
Link? What happened to his plan? Several years ago the GOP had the house, Senate and the Presidency.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:36 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:33 am

Agreed as well. Saw Marco Rubio speak about this subject at length at a conference in San Antonio several years ago. He had a terrific, well thought out, comprehensive plan for finally solving the entire issue, from soup to nuts. Of course, no one in politics wants to hear it because the LAST thing they want to do is solve a problem that brings out the mouth-breather one-issue voters. And that goes for both sides of the aisle.
Link? What happened to his plan? Several years ago the GOP had the house, Senate and the Presidency.
And as I said, no one in politics wants to actually solve the problem. And that goes for both sides of the aisle.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:22 pm

And as I said, no one in politics wants to actually solve the problem. And that goes for both sides of the aisle.
No, what you said was Marco Rubio had a plan.
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:22 pmSaw Marco Rubio speak about this subject at length at a conference in San Antonio several years ago. He had a terrific, well thought out, comprehensive plan for finally solving the entire issue, from soup to nuts.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

bobbythekidd wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:28 pm

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:22 pmSaw Marco Rubio speak about this subject at length at a conference in San Antonio several years ago. He had a terrific, well thought out, comprehensive plan for finally solving the entire issue, from soup to nuts.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

dbackjon wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:32 pm
Clueless.

Wrong. Deportations are way down under Brandon. FY 21’ #s plummted to the lowest on record. And Amd those #s woukd even be lower if not for the 1st 4 months Trump was still in office.
https://news.yahoo.com/ice-arrests-depo ... 55358.html
Just wait until the FY 2022 #s come out. And the Biden admin has provided zero evidence that deportations of criminal illegals aliens is up since Brandon took office.

Wrong. Drug seizures at the border are way down under Brandon (Only Fentanyl is way up)
https://adnamerica.com/en/united-states ... nder-biden

Wrong. Asylum seekers who cross through Mexico and/or cross the US boder illegally aren’t legal asylum seekers.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Yes, he said Rubio had a plan that he heard him speak about. Now Jon wants a link to the speech that AZ heard. AZ is a pretty sharp dude but he's not a cyborg so I don't think he can provide a link to a memory. :D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Clueless.

You never let us down, jon.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Yes. He articulated AT A LIVE EVENT IN WHICH A TRANSCRIPT WAS NOT PROVIDED a very well thought out approach to systematically solving the border crisis, illegal immigration, including a resolution of how to handle the 11,000,000+ illegals already illegally inside our country. I didn’t say there was a written plan and I sure as fuck didn’t write it down. I also said nobody in DC actually WANTS to solve this problem so no matter how good Rubio’s solutions are, they certainly aren’t going even gain traction because this problem gives each side the one-issue mouthbreathers vote.

is that not clear enough?
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Clueless.

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:01 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:26 am

The entire world's population can comfortably live in the continental United States, probably even Texas itself. If you took just bodies with 0.4 square meters of space for each person, the entire world's population fits inside Rhode Island with 60 square kilometers to spare. So yeah, I think we'd be ok handling 1% of the world's population. This is a ridiculously large nation and a lot of the global population relies on US support anyways.

I think BDK thinks our services/economy wouldn't be scaled up with more people, but scaled growth is exactly what would happen. We've prior grown rapidly because of immigration and it turned out fine. People will build new communities and micro-economies.

Additionally, we're gonna need to bring more people if we want the economy to keep growing as birthrates decline.

Anyways, 1% of the world's population will not show up at our doorstep. Leaving everything you know is hard enough, but then you also need to have the money, means, and plan to do it. In the two centuries where we basically had open borders, we didn't approach close to 1% of the world's population showing up at our doorstep. Even today, the people coming from Central/South America doesn't approach 1% of their population.

We're a beacon to some, but don't over inflate our how much people want to come here. :lol:
Wait a damn minute here. :?

The folks on your side are the ones complaining about overpopulation. How can the world be overpopulated if the entire population of the world can, as you say, comfortably fit inside the state of Texas?
Because about 90% of the world's isn't arable. :coffee:

Until recently the entire population of Earth could stand on Zanzibar without getting their feet wet.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

houndawg wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:58 am
Baldy wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:01 pm
Wait a damn minute here. :?

The folks on your side are the ones complaining about overpopulation. How can the world be overpopulated if the entire population of the world can, as you say, comfortably fit inside the state of Texas?

Until recently the entire population of Earth could stand on Zanzibar without getting their feet wet.
Significantly less than half of the arable land isn't even used for agriculture and that number is shrinking every year..
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:18 pm

Yes, he said Rubio had a plan that he heard him speak about. Now Jon wants a link to the speech that AZ heard. AZ is a pretty sharp dude but he's not a cyborg so I don't think he can provide a link to a memory. :D
Cyborg Z made me giggle.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:03 am
houndawg wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:58 am

Significantly less than half of the arable land isn't even used for agriculture and that number is shrinking every year..
I guess you answered your question. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Bosss! Bosss! Loook! Zee plane ees coming to Fantasy Island!
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

True dat - this whole Martha Vinyard thing is a failed attempt by a few of our biggest scumbags to prove that everybody else is as big a scumbag as they are. When that didn't happen they simply pretend that it did happen. :coffee:
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

houndawg wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:50 am
Baldy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:03 am
It was rhetorical, but you probably don't even know what that means. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:44 am
houndawg wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:50 am

It was rhetorical, but you probably don't even know what that means. :coffee:
I know somebody had to spell it for you. :coffee:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:09 pm

Yes. He articulated AT A LIVE EVENT IN WHICH A TRANSCRIPT WAS NOT PROVIDED a very well thought out approach to systematically solving the border crisis, illegal immigration, including a resolution of how to handle the 11,000,000+ illegals already illegally inside our country. I didn’t say there was a written plan and I sure as fuck didn’t write it down. I also said nobody in DC actually WANTS to solve this problem so no matter how good Rubio’s solutions are, they certainly aren’t going even gain traction because this problem gives each side the one-issue mouthbreathers vote.

So he spouted a plan, but never bothered to introduce a bill?

he used to support Amnesty and a pathway to citizenship for undocumented. Now he opposes both.
He used to support DACA, then vowed to end it if elected President

Rubio USED to be a moderate on immigration, and worked on a bi-partisan bill in 2013 that passed the Senate but died in the GOP led House. Since then, he has become a hardline rightwing anti-immigration.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:34 pm

he used to support Amnesty and a pathway to citizenship for undocumented. Now he opposes both.

Rubio USED to be a moderate on immigration, and worked on a bi-partisan bill in 2013 that passed the Senate but died in the GOP led House. Since then, he has become a hardline rightwing anti-immigration.
Well I liked his plan then. That’s all I’ll say about that.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

And there are no donks who used to be moderate on immigration and have now become hardline leftwing open-borders?

The polarization of this country isn't coming from just one side. Both sides are engaging in the BS while blaming the other side.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:41 pm

And there are no donks who used to be moderate on immigration and have now become hardline leftwing open-borders?

The polarization of this country isn't coming from just one side. Both sides are engaging in the BS while blaming the other side.
Not in the make-believe clown-car world Jon lives in. :lol: