Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Shipping Migrants Inland

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:10 am
kalm wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:53 am

Let’s do both.
If you didn’t bitch about Biden sending them out via air in the dark of night, you have no standing here.
I'm good with sharing the problem, just make sure that the feds withhold enough monies from the states doing the shipping to cover the costs. Simple as fuck.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:26 am SD being disingenuous as usual. An island like Martha's Vineyard - made up of small seasonal communities - is simply not equipped to humanely house and handle large groups of immigrants. The fact that within hours, people in those areas set-up temporary shelters, medical treatment, and fed the immigrants is a better representation of the communities.

In the end, they were moved to Cape Cod with the help of the NG to facilities where they can be humanely housed and treated per US and international law. They'll probably end up in Boston (and maybe Providence) where they can go through the courts from there.

I'm happy states are sending illegal immigrants to the North. They'll have a better opportunity at building their American dream than in sh*tholes like TX and FL. Immigrants - legal or otherwise - are the backbone of our communities and the nation as a whole.

I hope more begin to cross as they realize they have a free ride to the Northeast corridor, the greatest economic engine in the world.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:36 am

If you didn’t bitch about Biden sending them out via air in the dark of night, you have no standing here.
I'm good with sharing the problem, just make sure that the feds withhold enough monies from the states doing the shipping to cover the costs. Simple as fuck.
Feds aren’t covering any costs. Feds can go fuck themselves.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

:nod:

There really isn’t much to argue about. 1) All states share the issue. 2). We need immigration reform. 3). We need better border security. 4). DeSantis is still a dick.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:26 am SD being disingenuous as usual. An island like Martha's Vineyard - made up of small seasonal communities - is simply not equipped to humanely house and handle large groups of immigrants. The fact that within hours, people in those areas set-up temporary shelters, medical treatment, and fed the immigrants is a better representation of the communities.

In the end, they were moved to Cape Cod with the help of the NG to facilities where they can be humanely housed and treated per US and international law. They'll probably end up in Boston (and maybe Providence) where they can go through the courts from there.

I'm happy states are sending illegal immigrants to the North. They'll have a better opportunity at building their American dream than in sh*tholes like TX and FL. Immigrants - legal or otherwise - are the backbone of our communities and the nation as a whole.

I hope more begin to cross as they realize they have a free ride to the Northeast corridor, the greatest economic engine in the world.
You need to get out of your bubble. You REALLY don’t get it.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:44 am

What’s he not getting? Serious question.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:48 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:44 am

Lamenting poor Martha’s vineyard, and how they’re not “set up to handle” and house large groups of immigrants. Like Del Rio, TX, McAllen, TX, Eagle Pass, TX, Nogales, AZ, Laredo, TX, or Normandy, Quemado, or Comstock or Pumpville or Dryden or any of 100 other small, poor border towns ARE magically set up to handle large influxes of immigrants, apparently simply because of their proximity. These folks have neither the money nor the other resources necessary to handle the overwhelming # of illegals passing through their towns, yet we’re supposed to laud MV because they somehow managed to overcome overwhelming odds and band together to handle 50???? Ohhhh….temporary (VERY temporary, as they shipped them out faster than they came in) housing, medical treatment, and food. Wow. Good for them. But they sure as fuck didn’t want them in their community did they? THEY have the resources to move them on. The people in the communities I mentioned above (and many, many more that go unmentioned) are overrun and do NOT have those resources at their disposal.

And the Feds stand by with their hands in their pockets claiming the border is somehow magically secure.

Edit: And here’s a newsflash: There are so many immigrants coming over, even the LARGE, well-funded communities like Houston, San Antonio, El Paso, Tucson, etc., etc. are being stressed to the hilt trying to figure out how to deal with hundreds of thousands of illegals. So you’ll excuse me when i don’t sing MV’s praises because they bravely handled one planeload of 50.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

It's September in Martha's Vineyard, aren't a number of summer homes vacant? Why can't liberals that own some of those homes put their money where their mouth is and open them up to recently arrived immigrants? That would be even more humane housing than "facilities" in Cape Cod. Are these "facilities" just a detention center?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:58 am

Lamenting poor Martha’s vineyard, and how they’re not “set up to handle” and house large groups of immigrants. Like Del Rio, TX, McAllen, TX, Eagle Pass, TX, Nogales, AZ, Laredo, TX, or Normandy, Quemado, or Comstock or Pumpville or Dryden or any of 100 other small, poor border towns ARE magically set up to handle large influxes of immigrants, apparently simply because of their proximity. These folks have neither the money nor the other resources necessary to handle the overwhelming # of illegals passing through their towns, yet we’re supposed to laud MV because they somehow managed to overcome overwhelming odds and band together to handle 50???? Ohhhh….temporary (VERY temporary, as they shipped them out faster than they came in) housing, medical treatment, and food. Wow. Good for them. But they sure as fuck didn’t want them in their community did they? THEY have the resources to move them on. The people in the communities I mentioned above (and many, many more that go unmentioned) are overrun and do NOT have those resources at their disposal.

And the Feds stand by with their hands in their pockets claiming the border is somehow magically secure.

Edit: And here’s a newsflash: There are so many immigrants coming over, even the LARGE, well-funded communities like Houston, San Antonio, El Paso, Tucson, etc., etc. are being stressed to the hilt trying to figure out how to deal with hundreds of thousands of illegals. So you’ll excuse me when i don’t sing MV’s praises because they bravely handled one planeload of 50.
I think he gets that too.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:36 am

I think he gets that too.
And yet he supports open borders. So I question whether he actually does “get it”.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Yeah…I’m sure this the right way to deal with it.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:12 am Yeah…I’m sure this the right way to deal with it.

It’s 4D-chess level hypocrisy there.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:52 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:12 am Yeah…I’m sure this the right way to deal with it.

Regardless, do you think DeSantis was handling it the right way?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:55 pm

By doing what? Sending them to MV?
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Considering how Biden is handling the border, absolutely.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

I think the dereliction of duty by the Biden Administration put the border state governors in a tight spot where they had to do something. What DeSantis and Abbott did doesn't happen if the federal government does its job in securing the borders. You want to focus on the reaction and ignore the action (or inaction in this case).
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:02 pm

I think the dereliction of duty by the Biden Administration put the border state governors in a tight spot where they had to do something. What DeSantis and Abbott did doesn't happen if the federal government does its job in securing the borders. You want to focus on the reaction and ignore the action (or inaction in this case).
I’ve already acknowledged the problem. Does lying to them they are going to have a job etc where they’re going in Boston, and notifying local government in Martha’s Vineyard the way to go about it? Are you absolved of acting responsibly because Biden…?

Should we start applying that excuse to all things political and administrative?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:43 am

Feds aren’t covering any costs. Feds can go fuck themselves.
Awwwww.....somebody needs a hug... :(
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Baldy wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:01 pm

Considering how Biden is handling the border, absolutely.
Yep.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

In just 6 months there were 78 flights of illegal immigrants dumped into just ONE FL city.

So how many hundreds of flights with illegals were there in all of Florida in Biden’s 20 months in office?

Yet Desantis sends just TWO flights of illegals to a declared sanctuary city and the left loses their collective shit. Cry me a fooking river. Keep sending them Desantis. :nod:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

:crybaby:

Anybody tough enough to walk to the US through desert just so they can mow lawns can live by me anytime. We need more people like that and fewer like your crowd of pansies. :coffee:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

houndawg wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:08 am

Anybody tough enough to walk to the US through desert just so they can mow lawns can live by me anytime. We need more people like that and fewer like your crowd of pansies. :coffee:
:clap:

The few illegal immigrants I know are some of the hardest working people I've met. They do stuff Americans don't want to (the US barely brings people over to do these tough non-agricultural jobs...restaurants, construction, etc). We NEED them for our economy.

Plus they're sweet people, they bring diversity to our communities, and the food is f*cking delicious.

I'm proud to have them as my neighbors and I hope in the future, they have pathways to citizenship. They're the American dream.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:01 am

The few illegal immigrants I know are some of the hardest working people I've met. They do stuff Americans don't want to (the US barely brings people over to do these tough non-agricultural jobs...restaurants, construction, etc). We NEED them for our economy.

Plus they're sweet people, they bring diversity to our communities, and the food is f*cking delicious.

I'm proud to have them as my neighbors and I hope in the future, they have pathways to citizenship. They're the American dream.
I don't disagree Trip. I just don't think we have the capacity to assimilate millions of immigrants per year. We need a plan and process. How many? Of various skills/backgrounds? From where?

How are the services that immigrants need going to be paid for until they're up on their feet? They'll need housing, food, healthcare, etc. Throw in everything else on your wishlist (green new deal, universal healthcare, UBI, etc.), where's the money going to come from? If we just keep printing it we're going to end up like the Weimar Republic.

Our system is going to crash if we continue without a plan. We need to be practical as well as compassionate. Leadership is about making difficult decisions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Illegal immigrants who entered US since Biden took office to cost taxpayers $20+ billion a year: analysis

The study by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), which advocates for lower levels of immigration overall, calculates that the illegal immigrants who have entered the U.S. since Jan. 2021 will add an extra $20.4 billion burden a year, in addition to the $140 billion existing illegal immigrants already cost.

The analysis is based on an estimated 1.3 million released into the U.S. by immigration officials, as well as approximately one million "gotaways" -- or illegal immigrants who have slipped past overwhelmed agents. FAIR calculates that each illegal immigrants costs $9,232 a year to support.[/quote]
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/illega ... r-analysis
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:01 am

They drive down wages for American workers. Why do you hate American workers?

Why would Americans do those jobs for thr wages the illegals do them for when they can get sit on their ass and collect unemployment and/or work welfare bennies (EITC, subsidized health care, subsidized housing, food stamps, subsidized day care, etc, etc) that meet or exceeds what the illegals are willing to do those jobs for.

And how many illegals have you taken into your home?