Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Shipping Migrants Inland

Post by BDKJMU »

Gallup poll out yesterday immigration now #1 issue in America. And now Biden going to the border.

And who the heck eats an ice cream cone in a full suit?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:01 pm Gallup poll out yesterday immigration now #1 issue in America. And now Biden going to the border.

He’ll be doing nothing. The same as Trump or Ted Cruz when he went or any other elected official. It’s just theater.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:01 pm Gallup poll out yesterday immigration now #1 issue in America. And now Biden going to the border.

Me. I'll eat an ice cream in swim trunks, a full suit, ski pants and jacket, etc.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:52 pm

Me. I'll eat an ice cream in swim trunks, a full suit, ski pants and jacket, etc.
You have eaten an ice cream CONE in a full suit, jacket buttoned?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:52 pm Me. I'll eat an ice cream in swim trunks, a full suit, ski pants and jacket, etc.
You have eaten an ice cream CONE in a full suit, jacket buttoned?
Probably, after a funeral or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:05 pm
BDKJMU wrote: You have eaten an ice cream CONE in a full suit, jacket buttoned?

Weird.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:14 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:05 pm

Weird.
Says the dude who throws colored streamers at football games. People in glass houses ...
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:51 pm

He’ll be doing nothing. The same as Trump or Ted Cruz when he went or any other elected official. It’s just theater.
You left out AOC who put on an academy award type performance at the border…
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

“The new president set out in his initial days and weeks in office to destroy what President Donald Trump had built, most consequentially in the Feb. 2 executive order. “

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/ ... 4e6a&ei=37

Who was it that said Biden was not vindictive… a great example how hate comes back on you meaning Biden hates half the country and his blind hate will cost him his job…
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

I keep waiting for someone to tell me, “Yeah, I was a fruit picker until those illegals showed up.”
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:09 am I keep waiting for someone to tell me, “Yeah, I was a fruit picker until those illegals showed up.”
Wait no longer

I picked watermelon and cantaloupe as a teenager, it was hard work and I have some respect for migrants that will work

But JoJos unmitigated disaster is a different
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:09 am I keep waiting for someone to tell me, “Yeah, I was a fruit picker until those illegals showed up.”
That was illegal immigration a decade ago - people coming to fill work that we couldn't find people here to do. But that was millions of people ago. There's nowhere near the amount of fruit to be picked for the swaths of people streaming across the border now. Biden dismissed this as a seasonal surge soon after taking office. That was 3 years and 12 seasons ago. People are coming in in record numbers because they can because we're letting them. No other reason.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:34 am
That was illegal immigration a decade ago - people coming to fill work that we couldn't find people here to do. But that was millions of people ago. There's nowhere near the amount of fruit to be picked for the swaths of people streaming across the border now. Biden dismissed this as a seasonal surge soon after taking office. That was 3 years and 12 seasons ago. People are coming in in record numbers because they can because we're letting them. No other reason.
Biden deserves some blame but not all of the blame is the point. Illegal immigration isn't new and many here benefit from it. Then there’s the current obstruction by the GOP to attempting to fix it.

I’ve been for tighter border security long before either Biden or Trump served. I say tighter because there are external factors and completely shutting it down is impossible.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

“Former Chief of Border Patrol Raul Ortiz said he never spoke to President Joe Biden nor Vice President Kamala Harris, who was named “Border Czar” during the two years he was in charge of security at the southern border“

https://mynbc15.com/amp/news/nation-wor ... raul-ortiz

Wow just unbelievably bad …. This is 100% on Biden

Appoints a fake Border Czar who never picked up the phone
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:25 am

Biden deserves some blame but not all of the blame is the point. Illegal immigration isn't new and many here benefit from it. Then there’s the current obstruction by the GOP to attempting to fix it.

I’ve been for tighter border security long before either Biden or Trump served. I say tighter because there are external factors and completely shutting it down is impossible.
Lol Biden has made no attempt to fix it, and he doesn’t need a bill to do so. If he was serious about fixing it, he would undo all of his disastrous Exec orders amd reinstate all of Trump’s border polices.

Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

In case you didn’t know, this is how Dems win elections…

“The Biden administration has used secretive flights to transport migrants into the U.S., adding to the massive influx at the southern border, a Center for Immigration Studies' Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit discovered.

The center's Todd Bensman first reported that the FOIA suit discovered that Customs and Border Protection (CBP) approved secretive flights that last year alone transported 320,000 illegal immigrants from foreign countries into at least 43 different U.S. airports.

"This administration is both importing voters and creating a national security threat from unvetted illegal immigrants," Elon Musk posted on X while sharing a DailyMail.com story about the secretive flights.”
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Biden deserves quite a lot of blame. Sure, illegal immigration has been a problem pretty much forever. Even after the immigration reform and amnesty back under Reagan we never really got a handle on illegal immigration. To be clear, we need immigration to this country for us to continue to be a world leader, both politically and economically. Immigration is good, it's great for the country and we're better off because of it.

However, neither party has really tried to fix illegal immigration for many reasons, but mainly because it can then be used for campaign fodder come election time. For all of Trump's issues, which were legion, his handling of immigration, at least the illegal part of it, was the case of the broken clock being correct twice a day. He put significant pressure on Mexico to restrict the flow of people from outside of Mexico transiting through that country just to claim asylum here. That was significant and effective. You brought up illegal immigration being used as a source of cheap farm labor because we can't get people here to do that work, but that's a dated issue. The people flying into Mexico from Africa and Asia and other points, just so they can walk up to the US border and claim asylum have nothing to do with farm labor.

Biden made it a signature campaign issue to reverse everything Trump did with regards to immigration and he shouted that to the rooftops. We had multiple posters even on this site go further and question why we even have a border and that it would be great to just let everyone in. The uptick in illegal immigration crossings dovetails exactly with Biden taking office (he erroneously claimed it was just normal seasonal variation) and has continued since. Biden and the Dems, through their campaigning, made it seem like the doors would be open to a swarm of immigration, both legal and illegal, and that's what happened. Sure, the GOP refusing to help tackle the issue in the past month is unfortunate, but it's also what both political parties have done for the past 2-3 decades - kick the can down the road so that they can use it as an election issue.

You'd hope that after this next election that we could start to have a real, serious attempt to restructure immigration to reflect it's importance to this country and to vastly increase the legal means to enter while clamping down on the illegal ones, but given the two dismal candidates likely to be on the ticket and the immediate lame-duckness of either candidate, I'm not optimistic.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:03 am

Biden deserves quite a lot of blame. Sure, illegal immigration has been a problem pretty much forever. Even after the immigration reform and amnesty back under Reagan we never really got a handle on illegal immigration. To be clear, we need immigration to this country for us to continue to be a world leader, both politically and economically. Immigration is good, it's great for the country and we're better off because of it.

However, neither party has really tried to fix illegal immigration for many reasons, but mainly because it can then be used for campaign fodder come election time. For all of Trump's issues, which were legion, his handling of immigration, at least the illegal part of it, was the case of the broken clock being correct twice a day. He put significant pressure on Mexico to restrict the flow of people from outside of Mexico transiting through that country just to claim asylum here. That was significant and effective. You brought up illegal immigration being used as a source of cheap farm labor because we can't get people here to do that work, but that's a dated issue. The people flying into Mexico from Africa and Asia and other points, just so they can walk up to the US border and claim asylum have nothing to do with farm labor.

Biden made it a signature campaign issue to reverse everything Trump did with regards to immigration and he shouted that to the rooftops. We had multiple posters even on this site go further and question why we even have a border and that it would be great to just let everyone in. The uptick in illegal immigration crossings dovetails exactly with Biden taking office (he erroneously claimed it was just normal seasonal variation) and has continued since. Biden and the Dems, through their campaigning, made it seem like the doors would be open to a swarm of immigration, both legal and illegal, and that's what happened. Sure, the GOP refusing to help tackle the issue in the past month is unfortunate, but it's also what both political parties have done for the past 2-3 decades - kick the can down the road so that they can use it as an election issue.

You'd hope that after this next election that we could start to have a real, serious attempt to restructure immigration to reflect it's importance to this country and to vastly increase the legal means to enter while clamping down on the illegal ones, but given the two dismal candidates likely to be on the ticket and the immediate lame-duckness of either candidate, I'm not optimistic.
I don’t disagree.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

They flew 320,000 migrants into the country

That’s a lot of flights and citizens were told nothing

All the mass migrations of the past 45 years started with Dems on watch

Go back 65 years and Cubans starting leaving Cuba in anything that would float to escape Castro
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

“The Dominican Republic, which shares the island of Hispaniola with Haiti, has reinforced its border and closed its airspace with Haiti. On Monday, President Luis Abinader said that if any of the thousands of prison escapees tried to cross, his government would take “drastic” measures to stop them.”

Haiti had gone from complete disaster to hell on earth, the place needs to be completely evacuated, leveled and rebuilt

Media silent

Joey Rotten can’t even find Haiti on a map
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Texas governor predicted donations would pay for busing migrants out of state. He’s collected less than 1% of that cost
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott boasted shortly after he began soliciting private donations for his controversial migrant busing program that there would likely “be no cost to the state” given the outpouring of support from concerned citizens across the country.

But after nearly two years of fundraising to offset the program’s costs, Abbott’s operation has collected less than half of 1% of the roughly $150 million spent on busing migrants to sanctuary cities, according to a review of state records. And CNN found that the largest donation – $900,000 – never made it into the state’s coffers, either because it was a mistake or a prank.

Records show that at most, around $550,000 has been raised to date.
Oops

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:44 pm Texas governor predicted donations would pay for busing migrants out of state. He’s collected less than 1% of that cost
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott boasted shortly after he began soliciting private donations for his controversial migrant busing program that there would likely “be no cost to the state” given the outpouring of support from concerned citizens across the country.

But after nearly two years of fundraising to offset the program’s costs, Abbott’s operation has collected less than half of 1% of the roughly $150 million spent on busing migrants to sanctuary cities, according to a review of state records. And CNN found that the largest donation – $900,000 – never made it into the state’s coffers, either because it was a mistake or a prank.

Records show that at most, around $550,000 has been raised to date.
Oops

So what. The cost of bussing is CHEAP compared to the costs of housing, feeding, health care, public schools, the criminal justice system, etc for these illegals for years on end. Heck NYC alone claims it is costing the city 4 billion a year for these illegals..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »