Political discussions
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Required Viewing

Post by 89Hen »

Last edited by 89Hen on Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: Required Viewing

Post by Winterborn »

89 lives! 8-) :clap:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Good video, but nothing shocking. It's been a de facto open border since Jan 2021, and that's been communicated to anyone interested in coming. Again, we don't appear to be willing to solve things that could be things people could run on in future elections so we get what we get.

Oh, and great seeing 89 again. Now we just need CID back.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

Video has already been taken down
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

bobbythekidd wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:52 pm Video has already been taken down
Video was basically that people crossing the border are able to with relative ease, and sometimes with US assistance if there's a chance they'll get hurt. And then they can pretty much proceed to wherever in the US they want to go. I'm sure they have a future court date or something down the road, but pretty much it's show up and tell us where you want to live. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:46 pm
Video was basically that people crossing the border are able to with relative ease, and sometimes with US assistance if there's a chance they'll get hurt. And then they can pretty much proceed to wherever in the US they want to go. I'm sure they have a future court date or something down the road, but pretty much it's show up and tell us where you want to live. :coffee:
And that is why I could care less about what happens in Ukraine or any other country, unless/until the above is put am end to.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:49 pm

And that is why I could care less about what happens in Ukraine or any other country, unless/until the above is put am end to.
Well, not exactly the same kind of "invasion", is it though? Seems like a stretch to compare the two. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:09 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:49 pm
Well, not exactly the same kind of "invasion", is it though? Seems like a stretch to compare the two. :coffee:
End result is the same though- both countries are facing invasions that could destroy it..One would just take longer.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:33 am Good video, but nothing shocking. It's been a de facto open border since Jan 2021, and that's been communicated to anyone interested in coming. Again, we don't appear to be willing to solve things that could be things people could run on in future elections so we get what we get.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Falling for MAGA propaganda, I see.
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:44 pm
GannonFan wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:09 pm

End result is the same though- both countries are facing invasions that could destroy it..One would just take longer.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'll take the border crossers everyday over the anti-American MAGAts. At least the border crossers want to work, not just do meth.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

dbackjon wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:47 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:44 pm

I'll take the border crossers everyday over the anti-American MAGAts. At least the border crossers want to work, not just do meth.
Tens of millions of illegals flooding the US will destroy the country all the same. But by all means continue to Image
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

Thanks for the info
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:49 pm
dbackjon wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:47 pm

Tens of millions of illegals flooding the US will destroy the country all the same. But by all means continue to Image
1) Not 10's of millions.
2) They have contributed greatly to this country in the past, they will in the future.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

dbackjon wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:28 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:49 pm
1) Not 10's of millions.
2) They have contributed greatly to this country in the past, they will in the future.
20 million illegals here before Brandon.
On pace for upwards of 10 million more. #s from calendar 2021 shattered previous records (gotaways + catch and release). Numbers from 2022 on pace to shatter 2021 record.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

I think we should do considerably more to secure our borders and enforce immigration and immigrant worker laws.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:46 pm
GannonFan wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:33 am Good video, but nothing shocking. It's been a de facto open border since Jan 2021, and that's been communicated to anyone interested in coming. Again, we don't appear to be willing to solve things that could be things people could run on in future elections so we get what we get.

On track for 2 million crossings this year. HARDLY “propaganda”, Jon. :roll: :roll:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:49 am

On track for 2 million crossings this year. HARDLY “propaganda”, Jon. :roll: :roll:
Feelings/beliefs are stronger than facts. So very scientific of them. :roll:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Pray tell what propaganda? Are people crossing the borders at levels not seen for decades? Yes. Do we have any system in place to either control these crossings or to ensure that lawful entries are being enforced? No. That's not propaganda. And I'm a guy who wants a fair amount of immigration into this country every year, including from Latin America, I just want it to be organized and controlled, so I'm hardly some MAGA saying no to brown people. You're the diehard partisan in this in that even in the face of a completely uncontrolled policy disaster that's the result of a complete dereliction of duty by our elected leaders, your first instinct is to lash out and label anyone with a contrary opinion.

We can have substantial immigration into this country, including through our southern border, but we should have a system in place where people don't have to risk their lives to get here and we should have a system in place that has concrete plans in place to track what we're doing and how people are mixing into our country. An open border like we're running now puts the safety of immigrants at risk and makes their assimilation into our country needlessly complex and, in many cases, almost impossible to execute. We're setting up too many of these people to live much harder lives than they should be living if we just took the time to have a real immigration policy.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:49 am

Thats released or gotaways. Crossing its more like 3.5 million. Just this past Fri on Clay and Buck had Mark Morgan, former acting head of ICE under Trump give the #s. FY 21’
1.2 to 1.5 million released into US out of 2.5 million
encounters
+ 1 million estimated ‘got aways’
= 2.2 to 2.5 million net illegals into the US interior in 1 yr.

Given that Brandon’s all time record 1st yr numbers were about 1 million less, are on pace in 4 years under Brandon to add 8-9 million illegals..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:25 am

Pray tell what propaganda? Are people crossing the borders at levels not seen for decades? Yes. Do we have any system in place to either control these crossings or to ensure that lawful entries are being enforced? No. That's not propaganda. And I'm a guy who wants a fair amount of immigration into this country every year, including from Latin America, I just want it to be organized and controlled, so I'm hardly some MAGA saying no to brown people. You're the diehard partisan in this in that even in the face of a completely uncontrolled policy disaster that's the result of a complete dereliction of duty by our elected leaders, your first instinct is to lash out and label anyone with a contrary opinion.

We can have substantial immigration into this country, including through our southern border, but we should have a system in place where people don't have to risk their lives to get here and we should have a system in place that has concrete plans in place to track what we're doing and how people are mixing into our country. An open border like we're running now puts the safety of immigrants at risk and makes their assimilation into our country needlessly complex and, in many cases, almost impossible to execute. We're setting up too many of these people to live much harder lives than they should be living if we just took the time to have a real immigration policy.
No. They are crossing at numbers not seen ever. And its not even close…

The previous post is why I’m more concerned about our own borders bs Ukraines..
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:25 am

Let me summarize this for you, Jon: Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12