Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: Ron DeSantis Declares War on Voter Fraud

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:23 am
UNI88 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:45 am

Before Obama weaponized the DoJ to go after trump I would have agreed with you. Now I don't know if such an investigation would be intended to serve justice or achieve political goals.

My lack of faith in the DoJ is a problem. I'm not a MAGAt. My lack of faith is based on reason not emotion. I don't like trump and I want him gone but it has to be done the right way and for the right reasons. I don't have faith that the J6 investigation has been done the right way or for the right reasons.
Skepticism is a healthy thing. :thumb:

The sheer magnitude of indicting a FPOTUS is daunting as well as the political ramifications. I still think the DOJ is months ahead of us on this. They know (through tips, CI’s, turned witnesses) what they’re looking for and are building an airtight case. They have to.
You just mentioned airtight, the DOJ, and Politicians all in the same sentence. Whatever you are smoking has to be good. :lol:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:54 am

The sheer magnitude of indicting a FPOTUS is daunting as well as the political ramifications. I still think the DOJ is months ahead of us on this. They know (through tips, CI’s, turned witnesses) what they’re looking for and are building an airtight case. I have to hope they do.
You just mentioned airtight, the DOJ, and Politicians all in the same sentence. Whatever you are smoking has to be good. :lol:
I fixed kalm's post.

I'm guessing something hallucinogenic, LSD or maybe some good shrooms.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

The sheer magnitude of indicting a FPOTUS is daunting as well as the political ramifications. I still think the DOJ is months ahead of us on this. They know (through tips, CI’s, turned witnesses) what they’re looking for and are building an airtight case. They have to.
1) it was three sentences.

2). Are you suggesting skepticism is not healthy? I was supporting UNI’s thoughts here.

Weird.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:30 am

I fixed kalm's post.

I kinda of want some. :nod: Could use a good outer body experience.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:20 am

2). Are you suggesting skepticism is not healthy? I was supporting UNI’s thoughts here.

Weird.
1) Three sentences with one topic. :coffee:

2) Odd wording used if you were supporting UNI's thoughts because it did not read that way. :twocents:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:04 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:20 am

Weird.

2) Odd wording used if you were supporting UNI's thoughts because it did not read that way. :twocents:
I apologize for the wording.

Skepticism is healthy including toward the government, different administrations, LE, news sources, etc. Full stop.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:58 am
UNI88 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:30 am

I fixed kalm's post.

I kinda of want some. :nod: Could use a good outer body experience.
Do the even make good LSD any more?

We used to get it from the Deads's lab in Palo Alto. A tiny drop in the tear duct and its time for some Jefferson Airplane :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:38 pm
Winterborn wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:04 pm

I apologize for the wording.

Skepticism is healthy including toward the government, different administrations, LE, news sources, etc. Full stop.
Feel free to return the favor. :thumb:

Agree. Some people need to practice more of it. :twocents:

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:51 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:50 pm

Hopefully the serious investigation is going on behind the scenes because what the J6 Committee is doing is a circus.
Well I’ll go out on a limb here and suggest direct criminal investigations by the DOJ of a FPOTUS and his fundraising Pac, with grand juries, are indeed more serious than a congressional commission.
Not more serious. More banana republic. The POTUS’s chief law enforcement official shouldn’t be investigating & raiding his chief political rival..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
kalm wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:51 am

Well I’ll go out on a limb here and suggest direct criminal investigations by the DOJ of a FPOTUS and his fundraising Pac, with grand juries, are indeed more serious than a congressional commission.
Not more serious. More banana republic. The POTUS’s chief law enforcement official shouldn’t be investigating & raiding his chief political rival..
Yep. We're at five and a half years and counting of banana republic level BS from the White House.

The AG probably shouldn't be directly involved but activity that is illegal and/or puts US interests or assets at risk should be investigated in a timely manner.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:48 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Not more serious. More banana republic. The POTUS’s chief law enforcement official shouldn’t be investigating & raiding his chief political rival..
Yep. We're at five and a half years and counting of banana republic level BS from the White House.

The AG probably shouldn't be directly involved but activity that is illegal and/or puts US interests or assets at risk should be investigated in a timely manner.

Understatement of the year. But he hasn’t recused himself, nor has an independent counsel been appointed..Heck, Trump was the one who officially nixed Garland’s SCOTUS nomination..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:01 am

Understatement of the year. But he hasn’t recused himself, nor has an independent counsel been appointed..Heck, Trump was the one who officially nixed Garland’s SCOTUS nomination..
Welcome to a two party system. Should Clarence Thomas resign due to his wife’s involvement in J6? Should all Christian SCOTUS judges recuse themselves from abortion cases? Our legal system isn’t based on Christian law. Who should be in charge of the DOJ’s criminal prosecution of Trump?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:46 am
Welcome to a two party system. Should Clarence Thomas resign due to his wife’s involvement in J6? Should all Christian SCOTUS judges recuse themselves from abortion cases? Our legal system isn’t based on Christian law. Who should be in charge of the DOJ’s criminal prosecution of Trump?
Bill Barr. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:03 am
kalm wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:46 am

:)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:33 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:03 am
Seriously:

Should Clarence Thomas resign due to his wife’s involvement in J6? No. Is it possible that he should recuse himself from cases dealing with J6? Yes.

Should all Christian SCOTUS judges recuse themselves from abortion cases? Should pro-choice judges recuse themselves from abortion cases? Personal opinions shouldn't influence a judge's rulings but they probably do and it happens to both conservative and liberal justices.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Selling Top Secret files to the Saudis is clearly an exception and gets treated differently :coffee:
Last edited by houndawg on Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:02 am
kalm wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:33 am

Seriously:

Should Clarence Thomas resign due to his wife’s involvement in J6? No. Is it possible that he should recuse himself from cases dealing with J6? Yes.

Should all Christian SCOTUS judges recuse themselves from abortion cases? Should pro-choice judges recuse themselves from abortion cases? Personal opinions shouldn't influence a judge's rulings but they probably do and it happens to both conservative and liberal justices.
I’m not sure the Barr comment is aging well but you’re kind of agreeing with my original point.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:39 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:02 am
Seriously:

I’m not sure the Barr comment is aging well but you’re kind of agreeing with my original point.
The Barr comment was a joke.

What was your original point? I clearly stated that Clarence Thomas shouldn't resign due to his wife’s involvement in J6 but it is possible that he should recuse himself from cases dealing with J6. I don't think Christian SCOTUS judges should recuse themselves from abortion cases any more than pro-choice judges should. If beliefs should disqualify a judge from hearing a case then it shouldn't matter if those beliefs are based on religion or not.