Trump's Secret Documents. The World awaits.

Political discussions

What are Trump's secret documents?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:33 pm

It's all about Aliens
No votes
Nuclear Secrets
17%
Implicating Jan 6 documents
8%
Declassified, but unreleased, Spygate documents making FBI look bad.
33%
Proof the Bobcats have really only one real championship
No votes
His special tanning formula
8%
Detailed comb-over instructions
17%
Other (post in thread)
17%

Total votes: 12

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Trump's Secret Documents. The World awaits.

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:14 pm
SDHornet wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:00 pm They impeach Trump again, yet?
Klam has gone from blue checks to ordinary Joe's on Twitter to make his case. He's doing awesome.
His case has been made entirely by Republicans either appointed or hired by Trump. Try as you might you just can't get around that. :coffee:

But its hilarious watching you try. :lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:28 am
Winterborn wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:13 pm

They got him this time! :lol:

Going the civil route shows how weak a case Letitia James has and it is a gamble that may not pay off. Also it is interesting that if it does pay off, what it will do to real estate development in NY.

Making risky bets is what happens when one bases their decisions on emotion and tries to justify them after the fact.
So we should base criminal law on how it potentially affects real estate markets?

And what is the bet here?
But it is not a criminal case but civil (which was stated in my post). And with respect to any law. we should look at what is actually passed (regulation wise) and go from there.

All current and past real estate transactions were based on those regulations, if Trump followed them, then her case is baseless. If he didn't, then it should be easy to convict him, no?

If other real estate developers also didn't follow those regulations, then they should also be convicted. If they are not, then it shows developers that the state is going to play politics when it comes to its own regulations.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:56 pm Image
A revealing, behind-the-scenes examination of how Congress twice fumbled its best chance to hold accountable a president many considered one of the most dangerous in American history. The definitive—and only—insider account of both Trump impeachments, as told by the two reporters on the front lines covering them for The Washington Post and Politico.
I wouldn't mid reading that and keeping what is stated with a grain of salt.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:08 am
kalm wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:28 am

So we should base criminal law on how it potentially affects real estate markets?

And what is the bet here?
But it is not a criminal case but civil (which was stated in my post). And with respect to any law. we should look at what is actually passed (regulation wise) and go from there.

All current and past real estate transactions were based on those regulations, if Trump followed them, then her case is baseless. If he didn't, then it should be easy to convict him, no?

If other real estate developers also didn't follow those regulations, then they should also be convicted. If they are not, then it shows developers that the state is going to play politics when it comes to its own regulations.
Welcome to America where it’s only illegal if you get caught.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:57 am
Winterborn wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:08 am

Still better than the alternative. Don't like the laws? Elect people that will pass better ones.

Still with our flaws, I am happy to live in a place we are innocent until proven guilty.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:16 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:57 am

Still better than the alternative. Don't like the laws? Elect people that will pass better ones.

Still with our flaws, I am happy to live in a place we are innocent until proven guilty.
The alternative could also mean better enforcement. If people continuously get away with violating regulations what’s the point in having any? I get the avalanche potential of over-regulating but some of this stuff is common sense and clearly dirty.

(Never mind…I think I know your answer :)
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:33 pm
Winterborn wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:16 pm

The alternative could also mean better enforcement. If people continuously get away with violating regulations what’s the point in having any? I get the avalanche potential of over-regulating but some of this stuff is common sense and clearly dirty.

(Never mind…I think I know your answer :)
Was that answer better enforcement? :) I have no problem with Trump being charged and if found guilty being convicted. But that standard better be applied evenly because nobody is going to like the answer when people realize that it is an arbitrary rule that is applied based on who is in power. There is a reason that justice has a blindfold on. :thumb:

I am also for closing said loopholes and making things more transparent. But for that to happen one would have to vote multiple people in with some integrity and that is a tall order. Especially in NY.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

He declassified them.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:36 am He declassified them.

They'll get him this time!!!

:lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:31 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:36 am He declassified them.

I think he'll be OK, because Leon Durham is about to straighten this shit out and show us all who the real criminals are - indictments will soon fall like rain. :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:21 am
SDHornet wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:31 pm

I think he'll be OK, because Leon Durham is about to straighten this shit out and show us all who the real criminals are - indictments will soon fall like rain. :thumb:
No shit. His reputation as a "hard hittin' lawyer" sure got destroyed.

Read the Russia thread and see where I called this. I said he wouldn't go after anyone of worth and that came true. I know, I know. We all knew that, but I was saying that in the beginning. "Libs and Cons were going to be pissed because nothing happened to anyone of value".
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:51 am
houndawg wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:21 am

Read the Russia thread and see where I called this. I said he wouldn't go after anyone of worth and that came true. I know, I know. We all knew that, but I was saying that in the beginning. "Libs and Cons were going to be pissed because nothing happened to anyone of value".
and I said he had nothing, which is the reason he wouldn't go after anyone of worth. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:11 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:51 am

and I said he had nothing, which is the reason he wouldn't go after anyone of worth. :coffee:
:lol: No he had some folks dead to rights, then a DC jury let them off. Do better.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:19 pm
houndawg wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:11 am

:lol: No he had some folks dead to rights, then a DC jury let them off. Do better.
:rofl:

he got diddly squat and laughed out of court
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:50 am
Lindsey Graham is a poster child for the idea of putting Party over Country. Just absolutely disgusting.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:55 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:50 am
Lindsey Graham is a poster child for the idea of putting Party over Country. Just absolutely disgusting.
So that makes him like 99.693% of the rest of his peers then.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:27 am
JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:55 pm

Tulsi and Liz Cheney being the outliers.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:41 am
Winterborn wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:27 am

Tulsi and Liz Cheney being the outliers.
Both are factored in my percentage. I will let you guess on which side(s) they land. ;)

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Not sure what the complete article says because it's behind a paywall, but the one quote I have in the article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... ce=twitter

Now that the election is over...
"That review has not found any apparent business advantage to the types of classified information in Trump’s possession, these people said. FBI interviews with witnesses so far, they said, also do not point to any nefarious effort by Trump to leverage, sell or use the government secrets. Instead, the former president seemed motivated by a more basic desire not to give up what he believed was his property, these people said."
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:16 am Not sure what the complete article says because it's behind a paywall, but the one quote I have in the article.

"That review has not found any apparent business advantage to the types of classified information in Trump’s possession, these people said. FBI interviews with witnesses so far, they said, also do not point to any nefarious effort by Trump to leverage, sell or use the government secrets. Instead, the former president seemed motivated by a more basic desire not to give up what he believed was his property, these people said."
So what? Not taking the documents for "nefarious" reasons doesn't absolve trump of taking the documents.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:17 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:16 am Not sure what the complete article says because it's behind a paywall, but the one quote I have in the article.

So what? Not taking the documents for "nefarious" reasons doesn't absolve trump of taking the documents.
Wasn't he going to sell nuke secrets? That's quite a step down by the media. Seems they keep walking back their outrageous claims. Pretty soon it'll all just go away as another nothing burger.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:25 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:17 am
Wasn't he going to sell nuke secrets? That's quite a step down by the media. Seems they keep walking back their outrageous claims. Pretty soon it'll all just go away as another nothing burger.
Fortunately the justice system doesn't rely on the media. If trump did something wrong he should be charged and tried by the courts.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:29 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:25 am

Fortunately the justice system doesn't rely on the media. If trump did something wrong he should be charged and tried by the courts.
I agree, but for some reason he still hasn't been on his multitude of "crimes". It's almost like he's innocent. 8-)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:31 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:29 am
I agree, but for some reason he still hasn't been on his multitude of "crimes". It's almost like he's innocent. 8-)
Or he uses his wealth and influence to bury any prosecution. Another thing he has in common with Hillary.