Trump's Secret Documents. The World awaits.

Political discussions

What are Trump's secret documents?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:33 pm

It's all about Aliens
No votes
Nuclear Secrets
17%
Implicating Jan 6 documents
8%
Declassified, but unreleased, Spygate documents making FBI look bad.
33%
Proof the Bobcats have really only one real championship
No votes
His special tanning formula
8%
Detailed comb-over instructions
17%
Other (post in thread)
17%

Total votes: 12

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Trump's Secret Documents. The World awaits.

Post by houndawg »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:23 pm
Prosecutors have urged a federal judge to hold Donald Trump’s office in contempt of court for failing to fully comply with a May subpoena to return all classified documents in his possession, according to people familiar with the matter — a sign of how contentious the private talks have become over whether the former president still holds any secret papers.

In recent days, Justice Department lawyers have asked U.S. District Court Judge Beryl A. Howell to hold Trump’s office in contempt, according to the people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe sealed court proceedings. But the judge has not yet held a hearing or ruled on the request, they said.

The request came after months of mounting frustration from the Justice Department with Trump’s team — frustration that spiked in June after the former president’s lawyers provided assurances that a diligent search had been conducted for classified documents at his Mar-a-Lago Club and residence. But the FBI amassed evidence suggesting — and later confirmed through a court-authorized search — that many more remained.

One of the key areas of disagreement centers on the Trump legal team’s repeated refusal to designate a custodian of records to sign a document attesting that all classified materials have been returned to the federal government, according to two of these people. The Justice Department has repeatedly sought an unequivocal sworn written assurance from Trump’s team that all such documents have been returned, and Trump’s team has been unwilling to designate a custodian of records to sign such a statement while also giving assurances that they have handed documents back.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... reddit.com
:lol: What happened to taking a bullet for the Big Guy?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:45 pm
:lol: What happened to taking a bullet for the Big Guy?
It's a WaPo article. What do you expect? Another Pulitzer awarded for a bullshit story?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

What's taking so long? It's like the story was fabricated just in time for the mid terms.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:46 pm What's taking so long? It's like the story was fabricated just in time for the mid terms.
I’m guessing because you have one shot at this and it’s a massive investigation in which they’re still processing information. Also possibly holding out for additional witnesses to turn. Garland could have announced there wasn’t enough evidence to prosecute a long time ago. Instead he appointed a special prosecutor. Would you prefer a haphazard quick prosecution that opens up room for dissent among casual observers or those who want it to just all go away?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:53 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:46 pm What's taking so long? It's like the story was fabricated just in time for the mid terms.
I’m guessing because you have one shot at this and it’s a massive investigation in which they’re still processing information. Also possibly holding out for additional witnesses to turn. Garland could have announced there wasn’t enough evidence to prosecute a long time ago. Instead he appointed a special prosecutor. Would you prefer a haphazard quick prosecution that open us room for dissent?
I would expect the "experts" to understand this and rule within a reasonable time frame.

You can darn well bet the classified documents they just found on Biden will be cleared up in no time.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

I’m guessing because you have one shot at this and it’s a massive investigation in which they’re still processing information. Also possibly holding out for additional witnesses to turn. Garland could have announced there wasn’t enough evidence to prosecute a long time ago. Instead he appointed a special prosecutor. Would you prefer a haphazard quick prosecution that opens up room for dissent among casual observers or those who want it to just all go away?
He appointed a political hack, Jack Smith, as ‘special prosecutor’. In 2010 Smith, while at the DOJ, pressured the IRS (remember Lois Lerner) into the targeting of conservative groups.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... rs-scandal

Smith 2014 got a conviction against the former conk gov of VA Bob McDonnell which was UNANIMOUSLY overturned by SCOTUS. If SCOTUS votes 9-0 to overturn, you know it was a rogue prosecution.

And his wife is a big time lefty also.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Disclosed yesterday…Jack Smith subpoenaed pretty much everyone back in December.

Trump mad!
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:21 pm

He appointed a political hack, Jack Smith, as ‘special prosecutor’. In 2010 Smith, while at the DOJ, pressured the IRS (remember Lois Lerner) into the targeting of conservative groups.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... rs-scandal

Smith 2014 got a conviction against the former conk gov of VA Bob McDonnell which was UNANIMOUSLY overturned by SCOTUS. If SCOTUS votes 9-0 to overturn, you know it was a rogue prosecution.

And his wife is a big time lefty also.
And he appointed one of Trumps picks to investigate Biden's situation - you OK with that?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

NYT is reporting that according to three sources ,Corcoran will not invoke the 5th when he testifies.

He might be turning.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:06 pm NYT is reporting that according to three sources ,Corcoran will not invoke the 5th when he testifies.

He might be turning.
Careful, Skelly had post after post in the Russian thread about witnesses being turned and look how that monstrosity of a thread turned out.

The odd thing is, probably the best case anyone would have against Trump would be inciting a riot for Jan 6th. These other cases all seem like reaches. The hush money to Stormy Daniels seems like mental gymnastics to make it a campaign finance felony, we haven't heard anything in the calls to Georgia yet that pinpoint anytime Trump personally threatened anyone or specifically said to break a law, and the documents just look like a bureaucratic train wreck especially considering the number of documents other folks seem to have that they shouldn't when they leave office. Staying away from the Jan 6th stuff to go after these much less significant things just seems to be weird politics to me.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:57 am
kalm wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:06 pm NYT is reporting that according to three sources ,Corcoran will not invoke the 5th when he testifies.

He might be turning.
Careful, Skelly had post after post in the Russian thread about witnesses being turned and look how that monstrosity of a thread turned out.

The odd thing is, probably the best case anyone would have against Trump would be inciting a riot for Jan 6th. These other cases all seem like reaches. The hush money to Stormy Daniels seems like mental gymnastics to make it a campaign finance felony, we haven't heard anything in the calls to Georgia yet that pinpoint anytime Trump personally threatened anyone or specifically said to break a law, and the documents just look like a bureaucratic train wreck especially considering the number of documents other folks seem to have that they shouldn't when they leave office. Staying away from the Jan 6th stuff to go after these much less significant things just seems to be weird politics to me.
If the Daniels story had broke, it’s highly likely Trump would have lost. You don’t strike me as a laws don’t matter type.

We’ve been through the Georgia phone call before. If you don’t recognize what Trump was trying to get them to do, I can’t help you. But like with Jan 6th, there is much speculation as to how deep the conspiracy runs and who it involves. It’s just speculation right now but it’s juicy. We’ll see.

Regarding the Russia thread…I gave up on it once the pile on started. But a reminder…there were crimes as mentioned in the Mueller report and continued evidence of ties to Russian manipulation of our politics since. Despite the enthusiastic gotcha Skelly supposedly deserves.

So thanks for the warning. Im not too worried about being wrong or something in this case. :thumb:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:39 am

If the Daniels story had broke, it’s highly likely Trump would have lost. You don’t strike me as a laws don’t matter type.

We’ve been through the Georgia phone call before. If you don’t recognize what Trump was trying to get them to do, I can’t help you. But like with Jan 6th, there is much speculation as to how deep the conspiracy runs and who it involves. It’s just speculation right now but it’s juicy. We’ll see.

Regarding the Russia thread…I gave up on it once the pile on started. But a reminder…there were crimes as mentioned in the Mueller report and continued evidence of ties to Russian manipulation of our politics since. Despite the enthusiastic gotcha Skelly supposedly deserves.

So thanks for the warning. Im not too worried about being wrong or something in this case. :thumb:
I'm sure you don't. You have a track record of pretty much never admitting you're wrong, it's your schtick. I would love to be that sure of everything I think, but I'm still tethered in reality so I understand I'm fallible.

As for the Daniels thing being exposed and that "likely" costing Trump the election, come on, you can't really believe that, can you? He had numerous, credible people accusing him of affairs and even assaults prior to the election, and we had the whole Hollywood Reporter video with the "grabbing them by the..." and he still won. How much more tarnished would he have been by paying Daniels to not speak out? It's not like it's shocking given his prior behavior.

Yeah, you can't help me with the Georgia thing because you still don't have anything tangible to point too other than the "juicy" conspiracies you seem to speculate about *seriously, you went with "juicy" to describe it?).

I look forward to your continued self-professed perfection for many posts to come.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:57 am The hush money to Stormy Daniels seems like mental gymnastics to make it a campaign finance felony
If you ignore the fact that someone has already been convicted and jailed for felony campaign finance violations for the exact same $130k payment to silence Stormy Daniels, of course.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:44 am

I'm sure you don't. You have a track record of pretty much never admitting you're wrong, it's your schtick. I would love to be that sure of everything I think, but I'm still tethered in reality so I understand I'm fallible.

As for the Daniels thing being exposed and that "likely" costing Trump the election, come on, you can't really believe that, can you? He had numerous, credible people accusing him of affairs and even assaults prior to the election, and we had the whole Hollywood Reporter video with the "grabbing them by the..." and he still won. How much more tarnished would he have been by paying Daniels to not speak out? It's not like it's shocking given his prior behavior.

Yeah, you can't help me with the Georgia thing because you still don't have anything tangible to point too other than the "juicy" conspiracies you seem to speculate about *seriously, you went with "juicy" to describe it?).

I look forward to your continued self-professed perfection for many posts to come.
Holy crap. :rofl:

I stopped after the first paragraph. That’s massive projection on your part. We’re all guilty of it to various degrees and I have admitted many times to being wrong. It’s ok that you too can be wrong Ganny. It’s ok.

:)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:05 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:44 am

I stopped after the first paragraph. That’s massive projection on your part. We’re all guilty of it to various degrees and I have admitted many times to being wrong. It’s ok that you too can be wrong Ganny. It’s ok.

Your perfect streak is still intact, just so long as you don't read anything to the contrary. :rofl:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:52 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:57 am The hush money to Stormy Daniels seems like mental gymnastics to make it a campaign finance felony
If you ignore the fact that someone has already been convicted and jailed for felony campaign finance violations for the exact same $130k payment to silence Stormy Daniels, of course.
Well, Cohen also was convicted on many other things. And probably the main reason they haven't charged Trump yet for the same stuff is most of it is reliant on Cohen's testimony and I can't imagine that he'd be a great star witness in court, otherwise they would've done this a while ago.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:09 am
Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:52 am

Well, Cohen also was convicted on many other things. And probably the main reason they haven't charged Trump yet for the same stuff is most of it is reliant on Cohen's testimony and I can't imagine that he'd be a great star witness in court, otherwise they would've done this a while ago.
But, the payments were a felony campaign finance violation. You now agree without needing any mental gymnastics?

Whether Trump can be directly tied to them with enough evidence to indict and convict remains to be seen. But, they were pretty clearly campaign finance violations and if he is tied to them he should be charged.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:17 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:09 am

But, the payments were a felony campaign finance violation. You now agree without needing any mental gymnastics?

Whether Trump can be directly tied to them with enough evidence to indict and convict remains to be seen. But, they were pretty clearly campaign finance violations and if he is tied to them he should be charged.
For Cohen, yes, for Trump possibly not. For him, there is the argument for personal discretion, i.e. not wanting something personally degrading to be released, and that can be entirely separate from the campaign. Just because you are a candidate for office doesn't make every action you partake from them on to be a campaign-related decision. I'm not trying to exonerate Trump in this, sure, he could be guilty as sin. But if we're going to nail him on something it has to be air-tight, and this doesn't look like it. It probably isn't since we're basically 7 years into this particular one and still nothing.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:07 am
kalm wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:05 am

Your perfect streak is still intact, just so long as you don't read anything to the contrary. :rofl:

:lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Did you really just post this? The guy that dismisses the potential impact of the Hunter laptop on the 2020 election thinks the Stormy Daniels payoff could have impacted the 2016 election? Really?

You consistently dismiss Biden's shenanigans with a "let them investigate it" attitude but want trump found guilty of his shenanigans without a trial or hard evidence. Your double standard is not indicative of a post-partisan.

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:25 am

Did you really just post this? The guy that dismisses the potential impact of the Hunter laptop on the 2020 election thinks the Stormy Daniels payoff could have impacted the 2016 election? Really?

You consistently dismiss Biden's shenanigans with a "let them investigate it" attitude but want trump found guilty of his shenanigans without a trial or hard evidence. Your double standard is not indicative of a post-partisan.

Oh…I’m sorry. Is Hunter under criminal investigation yet?

He should probably lay low and not do things like file suit against the lap top store owner.

These are clearly the same.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:22 am

Oh…I’m sorry. Is Hunter under criminal investigation yet?

He should probably lay low and not do things like file suit against the lap top store owner.

These are clearly the same.

OK BDkalm, I'm sorry that they're only similar and not exactly the same. Does that mean that your double standard is nitpicking and not hypocrisy? Maybe it's both. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Clearly a false flag. :coffee:

Who would be dumb enough, beside Rudy G., to build a case on a laptop that was obviously planted? :ohno:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:50 am

Who would be dumb enough, beside Rudy G., to build a case on a laptop that was obviously planted? :ohno:
Who would be :dunce: enough to believe the laptop was planted? I guess you think all those pics and video of Hunter with hookers and blow are deep fakes.. :lol:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:50 am

Houndy and kalmie are in there somewhere.

Inquiring minds want to know, can they communicate with each other while their heads are stuck in the sand?