Trump's Secret Documents. The World awaits.

Political discussions

What are Trump's secret documents?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:33 pm

It's all about Aliens
No votes
Nuclear Secrets
17%
Implicating Jan 6 documents
8%
Declassified, but unreleased, Spygate documents making FBI look bad.
33%
Proof the Bobcats have really only one real championship
No votes
His special tanning formula
8%
Detailed comb-over instructions
17%
Other (post in thread)
17%

Total votes: 12

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Trump's Secret Documents. The World awaits.

Post by SeattleGriz »

Nothing to see here. Move along.

FBI sure is afraid the public will finally figure out what Russia collusion was about. Obama used surveillance powers to spy on Trump and got caught.

We can actually thank ourselves for allowing the Patriot act to be passed. Would be shocked if Bush wasn't abusing the system as well, as he's the one who implemented.

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

'Fiction': Top Trump Officials Tell CNN His 'Standing Order' Claim Is Rubbish
John Kelly, who was Trump’s chief of staff from 2017 to 2019, told CNN that “nothing approaching an order that foolish was ever given” during his tenure.
Mick Mulvaney, Kelly’s successor, also said he was not aware of any such order.

Trump’s former national security adviser John Bolton called Trump’s claim “a complete fiction.” Olivia Troye, who was a homeland security adviser to former Vice President Mike Pence, called the idea of a blanket declassification “ludicrous.”
It's the HuffPost so about as reliable as the Conservative Treehouse but Kelly, Bolton and Troye are cited and could deny the statements if they're not true.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:56 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:52 am

Deflection.
TDS.

Hillary had the same declassification authority? Hillary deleted 30,000 subpoena'd emails. Trump didn't set up a bathroom server to circumvent the process. Not even close to the same thing.
You'd think they'd be able to get something on her after 30+ years of trying. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:46 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:56 am

TDS.

Hillary had the same declassification authority? Hillary deleted 30,000 subpoena'd emails. Trump didn't set up a bathroom server to circumvent the process. Not even close to the same thing.
You'd think they'd be able to get something on her after 30+ years of trying. :coffee:
She's in the club, we're not. We did what she has done over her 30+ years, we'd be in jail.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:01 pm

She's in the club, we're not. We did what she has done over her 30+ years, we'd be in jail.
Maybe. Same with Trump.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:22 pm
Maybe. Same with Trump.
WHAT! trump is a champion of the working man who's being persecuted because he's a threat to the establishment :sarcasm:

Seriously, trump was born into the club while Hillary had to fight, scratch and kill people for membership.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Maybe. Same with Trump.
Trump's in the wealthy, I've got big money lawyer club, whereas Hillary is in the political, I use big money lawyers club.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:39 pm

Maybe. Same with Trump.
WHAT! trump is a champion of the working man who's being persecuted because he's a threat to the establishment :sarcasm:

Seriously, trump was born into the club while Hillary had to fight, scratch and kill people for membership.
See, if you read Conservative Treehouse, you'd know it's not so much the establishment, but that trillions are at stake and those feeding at the trough don't want that money diverted.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:47 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:39 pm

See, if you read Conservative Treehouse, you'd know it's not so much the establishment, but that trillions are at stake and those feeding at the trough don't want that money diverted.
I don't need to read Conservative Treehouse to know that. I find it humorous that you and others think that trump is fighting the establishment for you. He isn't. He's fighting because he wants a bigger piece of the grift. The money will be diverted to trump not back to working schlubs like you and me.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

"The Club" is who has been after her for decades.

Everybody knows she's guilty as fuck of something, they just can't prove it. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:42 pm

Maybe. Same with Trump.
Trump's in the wealthy, I've got big money lawyer club, whereas Hillary is in the political, I am big money lawyers club.
FYP
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:10 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:47 pm

I don't need to read Conservative Treehouse to know that. I find it humorous that you and others think that trump is fighting the establishment for you. He isn't. He's fighting because he wants a bigger piece of the grift. The money will be diverted to trump not back to working schlubs like you and me.
How is Trump looking to make money through his "graft"? What is going to happen?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

All these leaks are amazing. It's like we work at the DOJ, there is so much secret case information being leaked. They must be really serious about Hunters investigation though, because we never hear any leaks on that case.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:14 am All these leaks are amazing. It's like we work at the DOJ, there is so much secret case information being leaked. They must be really serious about Hunters investigation though, because we never hear any leaks on that case.
Haven't heard from Durham for a while either - he must be getting ready to drop a boxcar full of subpoenas... :geek:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:13 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:14 am All these leaks are amazing. It's like we work at the DOJ, there is so much secret case information being leaked. They must be really serious about Hunters investigation though, because we never hear any leaks on that case.
Haven't heard from Durham for a while either - he must be getting ready to drop a boxcar full of subpoenas... :geek:
Mueller was the bondo and Durham is the spray paint. Been saying from the very beginning nothing would happen.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:02 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:33 pm
Do we have proof that there were any documents marked classified in those boxes? Have we seen any proof that he didn't declassify any that were classified? Do we have evidence it wasn't legal for Trump to take those documents to MAL (and I'm pretty sure Trump didn't pack them, or drive them in a truck to MAL). Where is the evidence that a POTUS has the ability to reclassify a prior POTUS's papers that have been declassified?
Presidential Records Act (PRA) of 1978
  • Establishes public ownership of all Presidential records and defines the term Presidential records.
  • Allows the incumbent President to dispose of records that no longer have administrative, historical, informational, or evidentiary value, once the views of the Archivist of the United States on the proposed disposal have been obtained in writing.
  • Establishes that Presidential records automatically transfer into the legal custody of the Archivist as soon as the President leaves office.
If they could be declassified them they were official records and owned by the public (through the National Archives). Custody should have transferred to the Archivist upon trump leaving office and they should not have been taken to MAL. trump not personally taking them there doesn't absolve him of responsibility.
The below court ruling appears to refute the above provisons of the PRA as far as ownership of personal presidential records, and declared it a civil, not criminal, procedure.
….Clinton made audio tapes with historian Taylor Branch during his presidency and for a period of time, they were even kept in his sock drawer…..

Judicial Watch sued to have the tapes included in the National Archives.

But U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson ruled there was no provision in the Presidential Records Act to force the National Archives to seize records from a former president. What’s interesting about the case is what it says in regard to a president’s sweeping power over records.
“Under the statutory scheme established by the PRA, the decision to segregate personal materials from Presidential records is made by the President, during the President’s term and in his sole discretion,” Jackson wrote in her March 2012 decision, which was never appealed.

“Since the President is completely entrusted with the management and even the disposal of Presidential records during his time in office, it would be difficult for this Court to conclude that Congress intended that he would have less authority to do what he pleases with what he considers to be his personal records,” she added…

…If the Archives wants to challenge a decision, that agency and the attorney general can initiate an enforcement mechanism under the law, but it is a civil procedure and has no criminal penalty, she noted.
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/08 ... id-n615243
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:34 am
houndawg wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:13 am

Mueller was the bondo and Durham is the spray paint. Been saying from the very beginning nothing would happen.
Really? Must have been your SD/reek2 personality in charge when the "..wait until Durham starts dropping subpoenas..." was going around not so long ago.... :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:44 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:02 pm

Presidential Records Act (PRA) of 1978

If they could be declassified them they were official records and owned by the public (through the National Archives). Custody should have transferred to the Archivist upon trump leaving office and they should not have been taken to MAL. trump not personally taking them there doesn't absolve him of responsibility.
The below court ruling appears to refute the above provisons of the PRA as far as ownership of personal presidential records, and declared it a civil, not criminal, procedure.
….Clinton made audio tapes with historian Taylor Branch during his presidency and for a period of time, they were even kept in his sock drawer…..

Judicial Watch sued to have the tapes included in the National Archives.

But U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson ruled there was no provision in the Presidential Records Act to force the National Archives to seize records from a former president. What’s interesting about the case is what it says in regard to a president’s sweeping power over records.
“Under the statutory scheme established by the PRA, the decision to segregate personal materials from Presidential records is made by the President, during the President’s term and in his sole discretion,” Jackson wrote in her March 2012 decision, which was never appealed.

“Since the President is completely entrusted with the management and even the disposal of Presidential records during his time in office, it would be difficult for this Court to conclude that Congress intended that he would have less authority to do what he pleases with what he considers to be his personal records,” she added…

…If the Archives wants to challenge a decision, that agency and the attorney general can initiate an enforcement mechanism under the law, but it is a civil procedure and has no criminal penalty, she noted.

Nice try but I doubt it flies with Top Secret Code Word material.......BDPSHT... :ohno:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:21 pm

Really? Must have been your SD/reek2 personality in charge when the "..wait until Durham starts dropping subpoenas..." was going around not so long ago.... :coffee:
:lol No. I've always been on the side of jack crap happening.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:24 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:44 am

Nice try but I doubt it flies with Top Secret Code Word material.......BDPSHT... :ohno:
You left out the ‘formerly top secret’ part..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:57 am
You left out the ‘allegedly formerly top secret’ part..
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:57 am

This is an accurate summary…

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:21 pm

Reread the thread. From the very beginning I've said Dems and Reps we're going to come away with nothing. Trump was proven not guilty and nobody from the FBI was going to be held accountable. Seen it too many times to fall for it again.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

August 23, 2022
Heather Cox Richardson
11 hr ago

Early this morning, right-wing journalist John Solomon posted on his website a letter dated May 10 from Debra Steidel Wall, the acting archivist of the United States, to Evan Corcoran, a lawyer for former president Trump. Just why the Trump camp leaked the letter is unclear because it is a damning revelation of the extent of the stolen documents and Trump’s refusal to return them.

Wall was responding to Trump’s request that the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) continue to withhold from the FBI the records NARA had recovered at that point from Mar-a-Lago. She noted that NARA had worked to recover those records throughout 2021 and, when they finally got them, “identified items marked as classified national security information, up to the level of Top Secret and including Sensitive Compartmented Information and Special Access Program materials.”

These are highly secret and sensitive materials, and Trump wanted to delay review of them while he decided if he was going to assert executive privilege over them. Wall rejected that argument, pointing out that he could hardly keep them out of the hands of the current president.

“The question in this case is not a close one,” she wrote. “The Executive Branch here is seeking access to records belonging to, and in the custody of, the Federal Government itself, not only in order to investigate whether those records were handled in an unlawful manner but also, as the National Security Division explained, to ‘conduct an assessment of the potential damage resulting from the apparent manner in which these materials were stored and transported and take any necessary remedial steps.’ These reviews will be conducted by current government personnel who…are sensitive to executive concerns.”

This was no small cache of documents. In the boxes then at issue were more than 100 classified documents. They made up more than 700 pages of classified material. Since then, of course, the FBI has recovered yet more classified documents.

The New York Times reported last night that Trump resisted returning the documents, calling them “mine.”
https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.c ... st-23-2022
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

This has gotten out of control as expected. DOJ leaking like a sieve, but still hiding behind their wall.

Going to say this is a pretty good summary of what's up and up. I'm simply basing this on their experience.
Messrs. Rivkin and Casey practice appellate and constitutional law in Washington. They served at the Justice Department and the White House Counsel’s Office in the Reagan and George H.W. Bush administrations.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-trump- ... 1661170684
The Trump Warrant Had No Legal Basis
A former president’s rights under the Presidential Records Act trump the statutes the FBI cited to justify the Mar-a-Lago raid