Trump's Secret Documents. The World awaits.

Political discussions

What are Trump's secret documents?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:33 pm

It's all about Aliens
No votes
Nuclear Secrets
17%
Implicating Jan 6 documents
8%
Declassified, but unreleased, Spygate documents making FBI look bad.
33%
Proof the Bobcats have really only one real championship
No votes
His special tanning formula
8%
Detailed comb-over instructions
17%
Other (post in thread)
17%

Total votes: 12

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: Trump's Secret Documents. The World awaits.

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:31 pm
Winterborn wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:07 pm

50% of all attorneys graduated in the bottom half of their class. ;)

I have no idea who is on his legal team, but just because one graduated from law school does not make them smart.
If you were an attorney would you want to work for him? He likes to make outlandish statements and then asks his lawyers to litigate like his saying it makes it proof and gets mad at them when they fail.

MAGA = making attorneys get attorneys.
First of all. I would have to sell my soul to the devil, which seems to be a prerequisite to be an attorney. Now some of them seem to have escaped without selling their souls (Ivy, etc.) but how they did that I have no idea. Maybe they read the fine print? :)

If I was attorney, and we already established that I would have no soul, it would justt come down to the money. With Trump I would want to be paid up front, but outside of that it would depend on what role in his team they want me to be. I mean it is already established that I would not have a conscience, so working for him wouldn't be that big of a stretch. I can always tell myself, at least I am not a politician and actually "work" for a living. :D

Now if it was the person trying to teach him what to say and what not to say. It would take more money. Enough to make Charlie Sheen jealous with the amount of hookers and blow I would be going through. 8-)
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:23 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:31 pm
If you were an attorney would you want to work for him? He likes to make outlandish statements and then asks his lawyers to litigate like his saying it makes it proof and gets mad at them when they fail.

MAGA = making attorneys get attorneys.
First of all. I would have to sell my soul to the devil, which seems to be a prerequisite to be an attorney. Now some of them seem to have escaped without selling their souls (Ivy, etc.) but how they did that I have no idea. Maybe they read the fine print? :)

If I was attorney, and we already established that I would have no soul, it would just come down to the money. With Trump I would want to be paid up front, but outside of that it would depend on what role in his team they want me to be. I mean it is already established that I would not have a conscience, so working for him wouldn't be that big of a stretch. I can always tell myself, at least I am not a politician and actually "work" for a living. :D

Now if it was the person trying to teach him what to say and what not to say. It would take more money. Enough to make Charlie Sheen jealous with the amount of hookers and blow I would be going through. 8-)
Could you purchase kalm's soul, sell it and keep your own?

I don't think trump pays, much less up front.
Last edited by UNI88 on Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:57 pm
Winterborn wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:23 pm

If I was attorney, and we already established that I would have no soul, it would just come down to the money. With Trump I would want to be paid up front, but outside of that it would depend on what role in his team they want me to be. I mean it is already established that I would not have a conscience, so working for him wouldn't be that big of a stretch. I can always tell myself, at least I am not a politician and actually "work" for a living. :D

Could you purchase kalm's soul, sell it and keep your own?

I don't think trump pays much less up front.
He’d have to have a soul to keep.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:26 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:24 am

Now why would Trump play his hand now? That's not the way court cases go.

Besides, Trump's team did file the DOJ has not proven the documents were classified. The DOJ/FBI has only leaked and said everyone must accept their judgement, even that special Master who approved the Carter Page FISA. These two are not the same.

I never expected so many people to carry water for the DOJ/FBI after years of malfeasance and being shown to have chased Trump on fabrications and lies.
Hey! That’s my smoking gun! I need it back to defend myself from prosecution!
Been SOP for your crowd since at least Vietnam. :coffee:

Boy did the appeals court ever put the smackdown on Judge Cannon or what?! :shock:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

bobbythekidd wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:48 am
kalm wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:41 pm
Why are his lawyers allowing him to go on TV? He"s only making it worse for himself and these are serious charges.
Because they know that when its all over they're getting stiffed for their fees anyway?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

CBS confirms the DOJ believes Trump still has more documents in his possession. If true, this only strengthens the DOJ's case against Trump.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

bobbythekidd wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:54 am CBS confirms the DOJ believes Trump still has more documents in his possession. If true, this only strengthens the DOJ's case against Trump.
:nod:

And they could make the whole special master litigation go away with indictment. They won’t until after the mid-terms and only once they’ve removed all doubt. We’re still at the foot soldier stage.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ummm…openly admitting it?

(I mean assuming the FBI didn’t actually plant nuclear documents?)

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Sounds like somebody turned when provided with more evidence.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SCOTUS knocks down Trump’s appeal on the special master case.

And then this…

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:49 pm SCOTUS knocks down Trump’s appeal on the special master case.

And then this…

he would spontaneously combust if he had to tell the truth
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:49 pm SCOTUS knocks down Trump’s appeal on the special master case.

And then this…

Well, I don't agree with it. It now means, likely, in less than a year we'll have a Republican House investigative committee issue subpoenas to Biden to testify under oath.

I get it, I surely think Trump was at fault, in a major way, for Jan 6th, and I was supportive of both the impeachment and a removal from office for it. It was that bad. Of course, it might have carried the day if we hadn't already tried the impeachment and removal from office a year or two before that for far lesser transgressions, but the Dems were fixated on trying to overturn the 2016 election, or at the least kick Trump out of office, so they grabbed at whatever they thought might work.

But now we have a largely partisan committee, made up mostly of Congress folks from the other side of the aisle, who's remit was to find out what happened and document it. But they could've done that and finished months ago. Almost everything that happened on Jan 6th was right out in the open. I know what Trump did because he told us, constantly, through Twitter and anything else he could use as a bullhorn. And here we are almost a full two years later, just over 3 weeks away from the midterms, and we still don't have the document from the committee. In just over 3 weeks from now the GOP is going to win majority in the House and this committee will go away. But now we've launched the nuclear option of trying to force Presidents of the opposing party to testify to Congress with a subpoena and under oath, in matters of their own culpability. This is not going to end well as it won't end with Trump. Nothing Trump is going to say (and he won't say anything because the subpoena will never be enforced before the House changes parties and even if he did, he'd just 5th amendment every question like he does in other legal venues) will change what we already know. So if it isn't for fact-finding, then it's for the optics, and that means it's political and will be seen as such.

I think Trump played a huge role in Jan 6th. I felt strongly enough about it that I wanted him impeached and removed. I thought the conduct warranted removal. However, the precedence of Congress investigating and demanding sworn testimony of either sitting or previous executives is a Rubicon I wouldn't have wanted to cross as it just means we'll now see political gamesmanship repeatedly in the future as a result. If Trump deserves a criminal charge and conviction for what he did, charge him in the courts and let the legal system work this. Long term, this actually damages the Republic the legislators are so eager to drape themselves in. Other Republics have failed when the power of the government and politicians to go after previous Executives, sometimes for good reasons but often to break the hold on power by those previous Executives, became too much. We're closer to that now after today than we've ever been. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

And then this…

If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:33 pm

And then this…

Well, I don't agree with it. It now means, likely, in less than a year we'll have a Republican House investigative committee issue subpoenas to Biden to testify under oath.

I get it, I surely think Trump was at fault, in a major way, for Jan 6th, and I was supportive of both the impeachment and a removal from office for it. It was that bad. Of course, it might have carried the day if we hadn't already tried the impeachment and removal from office a year or two before that for far lesser transgressions, but the Dems were fixated on trying to overturn the 2016 election, or at the least kick Trump out of office, so they grabbed at whatever they thought might work.

But now we have a largely partisan committee, made up mostly of Congress folks from the other side of the aisle, who's remit was to find out what happened and document it. But they could've done that and finished months ago. Almost everything that happened on Jan 6th was right out in the open. I know what Trump did because he told us, constantly, through Twitter and anything else he could use as a bullhorn. And here we are almost a full two years later, just over 3 weeks away from the midterms, and we still don't have the document from the committee. In just over 3 weeks from now the GOP is going to win majority in the House and this committee will go away. But now we've launched the nuclear option of trying to force Presidents of the opposing party to testify to Congress with a subpoena and under oath, in matters of their own culpability. This is not going to end well as it won't end with Trump. Nothing Trump is going to say (and he won't say anything because the subpoena will never be enforced before the House changes parties and even if he did, he'd just 5th amendment every question like he does in other legal venues) will change what we already know. So if it isn't for fact-finding, then it's for the optics, and that means it's political and will be seen as such.

I think Trump played a huge role in Jan 6th. I felt strongly enough about it that I wanted him impeached and removed. I thought the conduct warranted removal. However, the precedence of Congress investigating and demanding sworn testimony of either sitting or previous executives is a Rubicon I wouldn't have wanted to cross as it just means we'll now see political gamesmanship repeatedly in the future as a result. If Trump deserves a criminal charge and conviction for what he did, charge him in the courts and let the legal system work this. Long term, this actually damages the Republic the legislators are so eager to drape themselves in. Other Republics have failed when the power of the government and politicians to go after previous Executives, sometimes for good reasons but often to break the hold on power by those previous Executives, became too much. We're closer to that now after today than we've ever been. :coffee:
So if he broke the law, blame the Dems? Nice!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:36 pm

No. Did you read what Ganny posted? He explicitly stated "If Trump deserves a criminal charge and conviction for what he did, charge him in the courts and let the legal system work this."

The Jan 6 Committee isn't about justice, prosecution of illegal behavior or even finding the truth. It's political theater and they've intentionally dragged it out to increase its impact on midterm election. Subpoenaing a former POTUS is crossing the Rubicon and could have a more detrimental effect on our republic than anything trump did. As Ganny also stated "Long term, this actually damages the Republic the legislators are so eager to drape themselves in."

The House will subpoena Biden in 2023 or another Democrat POTUS further in the future and Democrats will only have themselves to blame for setting the precedent. Subpoenaing a POTUS, getting rid of the filibuster, packing the court, etc. might sound good when you're in charge of White House and Congress but they set precedents with long-term consequences.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

The walls are closing in.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

The guy belongs in jail. He has belonged in jail for decades and has managed to avoid it. And the fact that we have a situation in which a substantial minority of the people in this country practically worship him does not bode well for this country. It indicates a serious problem with the quality of the US population. Even now Real Clear Politics average has 41.1% viewing him favorably. What kind of idiot views that guy favorably? It's bad.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:56 pm

The Jan 6 Committee isn't about justice, prosecution of illegal behavior or even finding the truth.
You are completely wrong. It is indeed about finding the truth. That's what they are doing. They got hamstrung because the corrupt Republican leader wanted to put bomb throwers on it and pulled all Republican leadership support when they wouldn't do it. But they are pursing the truth.

Is there anything you think they have presented that is not the truth? Explain your answers.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:42 pm

The Jan 6 Committee isn't about justice, prosecution of illegal behavior or even finding the truth.
You are completely wrong. It is indeed about finding the truth. That's what they are doing. They got hamstrung because the corrupt Republican leader wanted to put bomb throwers on it and pulled all Republican leadership support when they wouldn't do it. But they are pursing the truth.

Is there anything you think they have presented that is not the truth? Explain your answers.
Yeah UNI88! What the hell. Explain or retract.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

And then this…

Mark Meadows sure did fuck up on that one.:coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:32 pm The guy belongs in jail. He has belonged in jail for decades and has managed to avoid it. And the fact that we have a situation in which a substantial minority of the people in this country practically worship him does not bode well for this country. It indicates a serious problem with the quality of the US population. Even now Real Clear Politics average has 41.1% viewing him favorably. What kind of idiot views that guy favorably? It's bad.
You have about as many idiots viewing Biden favorably..

Basically (assuming there aren’t many who view both favorably) 80+% of the country view either Trump or Biden favorably
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

No. Did you read what Ganny posted? He explicitly stated "If Trump deserves a criminal charge and conviction for what he did, charge him in the courts and let the legal system work this."

The Jan 6 Committee isn't about justice, prosecution of illegal behavior or even finding the truth. It's political theater and they've intentionally dragged it out to increase its impact on midterm election. Subpoenaing a former POTUS is crossing the Rubicon and could have a more detrimental effect on our republic than anything trump did. As Ganny also stated "Long term, this actually damages the Republic the legislators are so eager to drape themselves in."

The House will subpoena Biden in 2023 or another Democrat POTUS further in the future and Democrats will only have themselves to blame for setting the precedent. Subpoenaing a POTUS, getting rid of the filibuster, packing the court, etc. might sound good when you're in charge of White House and Congress but they set precedents with long-term consequences.
Wait a second? You’re accusing politicians of political theater?

GTFO! ;)

Should we have avoided forming the Select Committee on Presidential Elections for fear of Republicans doing the same with the next Democratic President when they tried to cheat the system like Nixon?

Btw…Did you see the clip of Pelosi requesting additional LE and the guard? It looked very scripted.

But I still think it’s important for congress to investigate and produce evidence of what happened. And as a reminder, Trump is 100% to blame for all of this. McCarthy is to blame for unbalanced party affiliation in the committee. The vast majority of the testimony is coming from Republicans…administration officials, etc. The list of R’s/former R’s seeking justice or distancing themselves from the party ranges from Congress people to previous editors of The National Review to Elaine fucking Chow.

As for the time frame? Again, that’s on Trump.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Well, I doubt kalmie read the whole post, he's gotten less thorough in his quest for partisan non-partisan standing. The mental gymnastics he puts himself through everyday must be exhausting.

Trump can and should be dragged through the courts for criminal and civil culpability. Having a partisan Congressional committee do this does nothing to hold him accountable (Congress can't punish him anyway, only ultimately passing it on to the courts) and sets up the stage for similar partisan pursuits by future Congresses. I don't care if the GOP only offered up the most incendiary members to be on this committee - the majority party dictating who is or who isn't acceptable from the minority party is not how they've functioned before and itself sets a bad precedent for how things get handled in the future. You lost any chance to have this be a non-partisan committee when that happened and it actually gave cover to the worst elements of the GOP rather than letting them embarrass themselves out in the open. Remember, it was the Dems who pushed the button on the nuclear option for going to simple majorities for approval of judges, and that of course opened the door for the same thing to happen with SCOTUS judges. Every time we justify unprecedented departures from past norms in government processes because we say we can't proceed as normal because the other side is evil we get further and further away from the ability to truly solve problems and issues in the bi-partisan way that big picture issues have to be solved. Congress hasn't worked well for a good decade now, if not longer than that. This isn't the way to fix it.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:16 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:42 pm

Yeah UNI88! What the hell. Explain or retract.
JSO just needs to read Ganny's post.
GannonFan wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:33 pm Well, I don't agree with it. It now means, likely, in less than a year we'll have a Republican House investigative committee issue subpoenas to Biden to testify under oath.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:27 am

Well, I doubt kalmie read the whole post, he's gotten less thorough in his quest for partisan non-partisan standing. The mental gymnastics he puts himself through everyday must be exhausting.

Trump can and should be dragged through the courts for criminal and civil culpability. Having a partisan Congressional committee do this does nothing to hold him accountable (Congress can't punish him anyway, only ultimately passing it on to the courts) and sets up the stage for similar partisan pursuits by future Congresses. I don't care if the GOP only offered up the most incendiary members to be on this committee - the majority party dictating who is or who isn't acceptable from the minority party is not how they've functioned before and itself sets a bad precedent for how things get handled in the future. You lost any chance to have this be a non-partisan committee when that happened and it actually gave cover to the worst elements of the GOP rather than letting them embarrass themselves out in the open. Remember, it was the Dems who pushed the button on the nuclear option for going to simple majorities for approval of judges, and that of course opened the door for the same thing to happen with SCOTUS judges. Every time we justify unprecedented departures from past norms in government processes because we say we can't proceed as normal because the other side is evil we get further and further away from the ability to truly solve problems and issues in the bi-partisan way that big picture issues have to be solved. Congress hasn't worked well for a good decade now, if not longer than that. This isn't the way to fix it.
Jan 6th didn’t just involve Trump and his crime family. It involved past and current employees of the DOJ, DOD, USSS, congressional members, staffers, it’s clearly within the purview of a congressional investigation to bring everything and everyone to the light. Voters can purse the information presented as they wish. Perhaps you think voters aren’t responsible or informed enough to draw their own conclusions? Weird.

Sunlight disinfectant. I’m sorry it makes you uncomfortable and the timing isn’t right. ;)