Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Here We Go Again (Akron)

Post by BDKJMU »

…..Akron police released video of the shooting of Jayland Walker, 25, who was killed June 27 in a pursuit that had started with an attempted traffic stop…

… It’s not clear how many shots were fired by the eight officers involved, but Walker sustained more than 60 wounds. An attorney for Walker’s family said officers kept firing even after he was on the ground.

Officers attempted to stop Walker’s car around 12:30 a.m. for unspecified traffic and equipment violations, but less than a minute into a pursuit, the sound of a shot was heard from the car, and a transportation department camera captured what appeared to be a muzzle flash coming from the vehicle, Akron Police Chief Steve Mylett said. That changed the nature of the case from “a routine traffic stop to now a public safety issue,” he said.

Police body camera videos show what unfolded after the roughly six-minute pursuit. Several shouting officers with guns drawn approach the slowing car on foot, as it rolls up over a curb and onto a sidewalk. A person wearing a ski mask exits the passenger door and runs toward a parking lot. Police chase him for about 10 seconds before officers fire from multiple directions, in a burst of shots that lasts 6 or 7 seconds.

At least one officer had tried first to use a stun gun, but that was unsuccessful, police said.

Mylett said Walker’s actions are hard to distinguish on the video in real time, but a still photo seems to show him “going down to his waist area” and another appears to show him turning toward an officer. He said a third picture “captures a forward motion of his arm.”

In a statement shared Sunday with reporters, the local police union said the officers thought there was an immediate threat of serious harm, and that it believes their actions and the number of shots will be found justified in line with their training and protocols. The union said the officers are cooperating with the investigation……
https://apnews.com/article/police-shoot ... c3b2e22ca3

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ction.html
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Here We Go Again (Akron)

Post by 93henfan »

I love how CNN prominently repeats “black” and “unarmed” in its coverage. This negro fired at police from his vehicle. Focusing on race is inflaming the situation, and calling him unarmed is completely disingenuous. And they wonder why nobody trusts the MSM.

I’m glad he’s dead. People with such disregard for human life, particularly law enforcement officers, should be imprisoned for life or executed. Nice work, Akron police. They’ll all walk and get their badges back.

I still wish the black community would address its most pressing shortcoming: learn how to conduct yourself during a law enforcement encounter. Shut your mouth and comply with instructions. It’s not hard, really.

Oh, and take off the ski mask (in July no less). That never wins law enforcement hearts and minds.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

I thought this was a thread about Chicago.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

93henfan wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:04 am I love how CNN prominently repeats “black” and “unarmed” in its coverage. This negro fired at police from his vehicle. Focusing on race is inflaming the situation, and calling him unarmed is completely disingenuous. And they wonder why nobody trusts the MSM.

I’m glad he’s dead. People with such disregard for human life, particularly law enforcement officers, should be imprisoned for life or executed. Nice work, Akron police. They’ll all walk and get their badges back.

I still wish the black community would address its most pressing shortcoming: learn how to conduct yourself during a law enforcement encounter. Shut your mouth and comply with instructions. It’s not hard, really.

Oh, and take off the ski mask (in July no less). That never wins law enforcement hearts and minds.
Well said.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

93henfan wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:04 am I love how CNN prominently repeats “black” and “unarmed” in its coverage. This negro fired at police from his vehicle. Focusing on race is inflaming the situation, and calling him unarmed is completely disingenuous. And they wonder why nobody trusts the MSM.

And it’s all about hearts and minds… :lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

The cops fired at least 90 times at him and hit him 60 times, all in the back while he was facing away from them. It's hard not to see that as excessive on the police part. Should the guy not run? Absolutely, Did he fire at least once from his car during the chase? Very possible. Was shooting him 60 times in the back while he was running away excessive? Most likely.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:22 am The cops fired at least 90 times at him and hit him 60 times, all in the back while he was facing away from them. It's hard not to see that as excessive on the police part. Should the guy not run? Absolutely, Did he fire at least once from his car during the chase? Very possible. Was shooting him 60 times in the back while he was running away excessive? Most likely.
Sorry. He fired at them? Game on, bitch. :nod: :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
GannonFan wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:22 am The cops fired at least 90 times at him and hit him 60 times, all in the back while he was facing away from them. It's hard not to see that as excessive on the police part. Should the guy not run? Absolutely, Did he fire at least once from his car during the chase? Very possible. Was shooting him 60 times in the back while he was running away excessive? Most likely.
Aren't the rules of engagement different for LEOs? Unless the suspect was Ace Hanlon and able to aim and fire over his shoulder without looking the officers behind him were not in imminent danger. Losing your cool under pressure is not a good trait in a LEO or anyone carrying a weapon.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:49 am
AZGrizFan wrote:
Aren't the rules of engagement different for LEOs? Unless the suspect was Ace Hanlon and able to aim and fire over his shoulder without looking the officers behind him were not in imminent danger. Losing your cool under pressure is not a good trait in a LEO or anyone carrying a weapon.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
My understanding is once lethal force is used against them, they are able to respond in kind.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Link on that? Everything I can finds says hit up to 60 times, nothing about ‘all 60 times in the back’..