Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Common Sense Gun Control

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:19 pm
houndawg wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:22 am

The Navy let you hang around with military officers? That looks good on any sailors record. :thumb:

Me - Best Powertrain/Rotor tech that hung a cable :coffee:

Pilots asked for me by name, said their Hueys flew smoother than a widow's kiss when I did the balancing. :coffee:
Bald-faced lies, I’m sure.
You started it. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:26 am
houndawg wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:33 am The death toll in these shootings can be reduced by ordering the BATF to put semi-auto weapons with removable magazines into the same category as machine guns - the owner must be bonded, insured, pass a proctological background check, and cough up for the permit. Mandatory 15 years if you're caught without.

And how about some recognition for the brave chidren out there who lay down their lives on a daily basis to protect second amendment rights of those unfit for militia service?
There’s this thing called the 2nd Amendment. Guess you haven’t heard of it. 80+ million gun owners/400-500 million privately owmed guns in the US. The majority of us who lost our guns in boating accidents would not comply with such an unconstituional meausre, and the majority of law enforcement wouldn’t attempt to enforce it. :nod:
And our well-regulated militias have your weapon in a secure armory, ready to use when needed. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:54 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:26 am
There’s this thing called the 2nd Amendment. Guess you haven’t heard of it. 80+ million gun owners/400-500 million privately owmed guns in the US. The majority of us who lost our guns in boating accidents would not comply with such an unconstituional meausre, and the majority of law enforcement wouldn’t attempt to enforce it. :nod:
And our well-regulated militias have your weapon in a secure armory, ready to use when needed. :coffee:
Hey look, another lefty dumbass who has no idea what ‘well regulated’ means in late 18th century jargon.. :dunce: :lol:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:35 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:19 pm

Bald-faced lies, I’m sure.
Yeah. I’m sure those pilots said “I’ll take that guy peeling spuds over there….I bet he’s a great mechanic.” :rofl:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Is this back and forth the start of bromance?
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote:Is this back and forth the start of bromance?
Start? They've been internet courting for years. ;)

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:23 pm
Winterborn wrote:Is this back and forth the start of bromance?
Start? They've been internet courting for years. ;)

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Spuddawg likes being bottomed. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:09 am Is this back and forth the start of bromance?
You stay away from my bitch :tothehand:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

A prime example of why there should be firearms registration, and govt shouldn’t be allowed to keep personal data of gun owners.
….The California Department of Justice’s 2022 Firearms Dashboard Portal went live on Monday with publicly-accessible files that include identifying information for those who have concealed carry permits. The leaked information includes the person’s full name, race, home address, date of birth, and date their permit was issued. The data also shows the type of permit issued, indicating if the permit holder is a member of law enforcement or a judge…..

…..The leak comes just over a year after California moved to provide detailed personal information of all gun owners in the state to educational institutions across the country despite objections over concerns about data security and individual privacy. It also comes as a similar policy to California’s restrictive gun carry law was invalidated by the Supreme Court, which will likely result in many more Californians being added to the same database the state just leaked…
https://thereload.com/new-california-ag ... formation/
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:23 am A prime example of why there should be firearms registration, and govt shouldn’t be allowed to keep personal data of gun owners.
….The California Department of Justice’s 2022 Firearms Dashboard Portal went live on Monday with publicly-accessible files that include identifying information for those who have concealed carry permits. The leaked information includes the person’s full name, race, home address, date of birth, and date their permit was issued. The data also shows the type of permit issued, indicating if the permit holder is a member of law enforcement or a judge…..

…..The leak comes just over a year after California moved to provide detailed personal information of all gun owners in the state to educational institutions across the country despite objections over concerns about data security and individual privacy. It also comes as a similar policy to California’s restrictive gun carry law was invalidated by the Supreme Court, which will likely result in many more Californians being added to the same database the state just leaked…
Spare us the histrionics, they aren't in any danger - they have guns :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:27 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:23 am A prime example of why there should be firearms registration, and govt shouldn’t be allowed to keep personal data of gun owners.

I'm sure you'd feel differently if your name was on that list. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:53 pm
houndawg wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:27 am

But they have guns...:shock:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:36 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:53 pm

Yes. We all know that now, when it was not supposed to be public knowledge. One of many, many reasons why I am NOT a proponent of gun registries.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:47 pm
houndawg wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:36 pm

Yes. We all know that now, when it was not supposed to be public knowledge. One of many, many reasons why I am NOT a proponent of gun registries.
Regardless, they have guns so they won't ever be victims. Don't believe me ask '93handjob
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

After getting bitch slapped by SCOTUS, NY AG launches frivilous lawsuit against gun manufacturers..
On Wednesday, the recently-smacked-down AG did something, announcing a lawsuit against 10 companies that sell unfinished firearms components, accusing them of being “gun distributors…selling weapons to felons and others without a background check” and blaming them for flooding New York’s streets with “illegal ghost guns that harmed New Yorkers.” New York City Mayor Eric Adams filed his own federal lawsuit against five of the same companies.

Because, as we all know, gang bangers are spending their spare time manufacturing their own guns from frames and receivers. You know, because that takes no specialized skill or equipment.

Just kidding. If they made their own guns, those guns would most likely misfire and be completely dangerous…
https://redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2022/06 ... er-n586851
The businesses named in Attorney General James’ lawsuit are among the nation’s leading gun distributors. They include Brownells, Inc. (Brownells), Blackhawk Manufacturing Group (80 Percent Arms), Salvo Technologies, Inc. (80 P Builder or 80P Freedom Co), G.S. Performance, LLC (Glockstore), Indie Guns, LLC (Indie Guns), Primary Arms, LLC (Primary Arms), Arm or Ally, LLC (Arm or Ally), Rainier Arms, LLC (Rainier Arms), KM Tactical LLC, and Rock Slide USA, LLC (Rock Slide).
https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2022/at ... nce-crisis
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Delaware went full retard today:

AWB
Magazine ban
No purchase under 21
Nuisance law against gun stores
etc

The Governor signed the liberal wet dream package into law. They'd go for full confiscation if we didn't have current SCOTUS.

I'm a remote worker now. I had intended to stay in Delaware to look after my aging parents and my teenage sons, but it may be time for me to get to a free state now.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

93henfan wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:04 pm Delaware went full retard today:

AWB
Magazine ban
No purchase under 21
etc

The Governor signed the liberal wet dream package into law. They'd go for full confiscation if we didn't have current SCOTUS.

I'm a remote worker now. I had intended to stay in Delaware to look after my aging parents and my teenage sons, but it may be time for me to get to a free state now.
They can’t touch your MSR’s and mags you have now I mean lost in a boating accident, right?
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:11 pm

AWB
Magazine ban
No purchase under 21
etc

They can’t touch your MSR’s and mags you have now I mean lost in a boating accident, right?
The MSRs are immediately not allowed to be sold in the state (hence rendered valueless) but can be retained. The burden is on the OWNER to prove they were owned prior to today. All magazines over 17 rounds are illegal with no grandfather provision.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

93henfan wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:13 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:11 pm
The MSRs are immediately not allowed to be sold in the state (hence rendered valueless) but can be retained. The burden is on the OWNER to prove they were owned prior to today. All magazines over 17 rounds are illegal with no grandfather provision.
That sounds legally dubious.

Also may be good news in the near future:
https://redstate.com/streiff/2022/06/30 ... xt-n586869
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AWB
Magazine ban
No purchase under 21
etc

PA is the obvious closest, but that might not be forever.

Next closest WV and NH. I know there’s a whole bunch of different rankings out there, but NH clearly the top choice in the northeast. Of course WV is one if the 2 reddest in the country, bills itself as a 2A sanctuary, and nonsales tax on guns and ammo.
https://www.az-defenders.com/best-state ... un-owners/
https://www.freedominthe50states.org/guns
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AWB
Magazine ban
No purchase under 21
etc

Run Forrest run! :D
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Philadelphia shooting: Dem mayor rips Second Amendment, says only the police should have guns
Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney said the US should be more like Canada

Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney suggested the Second Amendment and the United States Supreme Court were too lenient when it came to gun rights, following a shooting that injured two police officers near a Fourth of July event on Monday night.

Standing outside the hospital where the two police officers were treated for gunshot injuries, Kenney told a group of reporters that only police officers should be allowed to own guns....
https://www.foxnews.com/us/philly-mayor ... uly-fourth

Yet this is the same jackass who's Soros funded, lib, soft on crime DA has overseen the majority of prohibited persons (ie felons) arrested in Philadelphia for illegally possessing a firearm not convicted. Probably almost all of them are black & brown, and something about ending the incarcerel state and social justice, something something..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Hey 93, thought of you when I read this since it happened in Delaware. Figured it wasn’t you though lol.
https://redstate.com/jimthompson/2022/0 ... ns-n598051
https://armedamericannews.org/video-atf ... h-warrant/

I agree with the one poster.
I love and support Cops but, don’t show up in tactical gear on a routine visit wishing to “verify” my weapons. This guy did nothing wrong, and if it was me…you’re going to need a warrant.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:10 pm
houndawg wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:35 pm

Yeah. I’m sure those pilots said “I’ll take that guy peeling spuds over there….I bet he’s a great mechanic.” :rofl:
Golden Torque Wrench :thumb:

The pilots know. If I weren't useful they'd have made me an officer :kisswink: