Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Uvalde School Shooting

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:49 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:41 pm

Thanks for explaining. I said assign because that is all Christians can do in comparison the true redemption God gives Mostly just word choice, nothing deeper.

Do I believe Floyd was redeemed in God's eyes? For sure. Should Christians hold back judgment on Floyd? For sure. Should Christians build a memorial to Floyd? No. Am I a piece of shit Christian? For sure. I will always be a terrible Christian.
Kalm was rejected by the Church of Polson Griz, does he have chance of acceptance into the POS Christian Church of Seattle Griz? :D
For sure!!
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:49 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:07 pm
My point is you’re full of shit implying tbat a .223/5.56 has more penetrating power than a .308. Plenty of info on the interwebs that says the opposite.
My eyes say its you thats full of shit.
Then you obviously need to get your eyes checked :lol:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:11 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:19 pm
Yeah, Floyd was weongly killed/murdered by the police, but that doesn’t change the fact that Floyd was a low life with a rap sheet a mile long, who once did a home invasion and stuck a pistol in the belly of a woman. What kind of sick people would memorialize a guy like that?
Maybe he wasn't a model citizen but then again he never spent 9 minutes slowly suffocating a man whose hands were cuffed behind his back, so I guess its a matter of degree?
Still zero reason to memorialize a career criminal.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Obviously the on scene commander fucked up royally.
Here is the timeline as provided by video and 911 evidence:

11:27 AM – Exterior door where shooter entered was propped open by a teacher.
11:28 AM – Shooter’s vehicle crashes into a ditch.
11:28 AM – Teacher runs to room 132 to retrieve her phone and door remains propped open.
11:30 AM – Teacher calls 911 to report the crash and a man with a gun.
11:31 AM – The suspect reaches last row of vehicles in the school parking lot.
11:31 AM – Shooter approaches school, shooting at the classroom windows as he approaches.
11:31 AM – Patrol vehicles arrive at funeral home.
11:32 AM – Multiple shots fired at the school.
11:33 AM – Shooter enters the school, begins firing into room 111 or 112; at least 100 rounds fired.
11:35 AM – Three Uvalde PD officers enter school through same door shooter entered, quickly followed by three more Uvalde PD and one sheriff’s deputy.
11:36 AM – Three Uvalde PD officers approach the classroom door and two are shot; they fall back.
11:37 AM – Shooter fires 16 rounds.
11:51 AM – Police sergeant arrived.
12:03 PM – Additional officers arrive; “There were as many as 19 officers at that time in that hallway.”
12:03 PM – 911 call from room 112 lasting 1 minute, 23 seconds.
12:10 PM – 911 call from room 112, advised multiple are dead.
12:13 PM – 911 call from room 112.
12:16 PM – 911 call from room 111, caller reporting there are eight to nine students alive.
12:15 PM – Members of BORTAC arrived, along with shields.
12:19 PM – 911 call from room 111, caller hung up when another student told them to.
12:21 PM – Shooter fired again, “It was believed to be at the door.”
12:21 PM – 911 call from room 111.
12:21 PM – Law enforcement moved down the hallway.
12:26 PM – 911 call from student lasting 26 seconds.
12:26 PM – 911 call from the same student, reports that the killer shot the door. Student was told to stay on the line and to be very quiet.
12:46 PM – 911 caller says she can hear police next door.
12:47 PM – Asked 911 to “please send the police now.”
12:50 PM – Officers breached the locked classroom door using keys provided by the janitor.

https://redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2022/05 ... re-n570913
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Last edited by Skjellyfetti on Fri May 27, 2022 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

If this true, the local incident commander ought to be fired on the spot and run out of town.
According to the officials, agents from BORTAC, the Customs and Border Protection tactical unit, and ICE’s Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) arrived on the scene between noon and 12:15 p.m. on Tuesday. Local law enforcement asked them to wait, and then instructed HSI agents to help pull children out of the windows.

The BORTAC team, armed with tactical gear, at first did not move toward the gunman. After approximately 30 minutes passed, however, the federal agents opted of their own volition to lead the “stack” of officers inside the school and take down the shooter.
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/05/27 ... ng-n571192
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:03 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:30 pm
Yeah but that sort of crap wins him points with the hard left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just like Abbott’s comments on gun ownership scores points with the hard right. Beto was engaging in theater no doubt but someone from Texas needs to call out Abbott.
New York has has two mass shootings in the last month. How come the grandstanders clout seekers and press aren't beating down Kathy Hochul's door and calling her out? :suspicious:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:41 pm
kalm wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:03 pm

Just like Abbott’s comments on gun ownership scores points with the hard right. Beto was engaging in theater no doubt but someone from Texas needs to call out Abbott.
New York has has two mass shootings in the last month. How come the grandstanders clout seekers and press aren't beating down Kathy Hochul's door and calling her out? :suspicious:
Is she pro-NRA? Did she grandstand about it?
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:14 pm
Baldy wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:41 pm
When bodies are piling up, why does that matter?

Were these shootings sponsored by the NRA?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:30 pm
kalm wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:14 pm

Well we were discussing political grandstanding by Beto. It was. My point is that Abbot was too. They all do (shocking).

And yes…in a very significant way…these shootings were sponsored by the NRA.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:43 am
Baldy wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:30 pm

Well we were discussing political grandstanding by Beto. It was. My point is that Abbot was too. They all do (shocking).

Grandstanding by politicans comes with the territory and is the least of my concerns. When the media does that's a different story.

When bodies are piling up on your watch, why does being a supporter of the NRA matter.

Did these shooters go all NASCAR and have NRA patches on their body armor or something because that would be very significant. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:19 am
kalm wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:43 am

Grandstanding by politicans comes with the territory and is the least of my concerns. When the media does that's a different story.

When bodies are piling up on your watch, why does being a supporter of the NRA matter.

Did these shooters go all NASCAR and have NRA patches on their body armor or something because that would be very significant. :coffee:
Agreed on grandstanding which is why what Beto is not surprising.

If you can’t see the connection between mass shootings and gun deaths in the US, I can’t help you.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:48 am

If you can’t see the connection between mass shootings and gun deaths in the US, I can’t help you.
Yes, the fuzzy part is attempting to blame it all on the evil NRA.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

This tragedy doesn't seem to stop getting worse.

Reading now that the school was on lockdown due to shots fired in the area and a teacher propped the door open. Assume it was done for ventilation not as an inside job.

From the schools FB page.
11:43 am

Robb Elementary is under a Lockdown Status

Robb Elementary Parents:
Please know at this time Robb Elementary is under a Lockdown Status due to gunshots in the area. The students and staff are safe in the building. The building is secure in a Lockdown Status. Your cooperation is needed at this time by not visiting the campus. As soon as the Lockdown Status is lifted you will be notified.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Anne Marie Espinoza Executive Director of Communications and Marketing Uvalde CISD
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:10 am

Yes, the fuzzy part is attempting to blame it all on the evil NRA.
There’s some truth to this. It’s not just the NRA but the NRA and any politician who takes money from them are a big part of the problem. The hard lines they took during and after the assault weapons ban may have temporarily increased gun access but is st best a bet zero in the longer debate.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Using very progressive Everytown's statistics, approximately 113 people die every year in mass shootings. Just last year alone almost 25,000 people committed suicide with a firearm, and a majority of all gun deaths are by suicide.

Of the roughly 45,000 deaths caused by firearms per year 113 are from mass shootings.

Other than the obvious how are the two connected?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Baldy wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:50 am

Using very progressive Everytown's statistics, approximately 113 people die every year in mass shootings. Just last year alone almost 25,000 people committed suicide with a firearm, and a majority of all gun deaths are by suicide.

Of the roughly 45,000 deaths caused by firearms per year 113 are from mass shootings.

Because “Assault Rifle”.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Surprisingly low but I’ll stand by my premise. There’s a connection between the NRA and mass shootings regardless. We don’t need to see those numbers increase. We can mitigate this through addressing a variety of issues like mental health and school security. And common sense gun control measures help too. They can also allow responsible gun owners to keep their weapons by reducing the threat. The NRA does nothing to help this.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

kalm wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 12:09 pm

Surprisingly low but I’ll stand by my premise. There’s a connection between the NRA and mass shootings regardless. We don’t need to see those numbers increase. We can mitigate this through addressing a variety of issues like mental health and school security. And common sense gun control measures help too. They can also allow responsible gun owners to keep their weapons by reducing the threat. The NRA does nothing to help this.
Name a “common sense gun control measure” that you think will help..,
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Col Hogan wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:19 pm

(Sensing a trap)

Close background check loopholes (I realize that wouldn’t have helped here)

Magazine capacity limits.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:32 am This tragedy doesn't seem to stop getting worse.

Reading now that the school was on lockdown due to shots fired in the area and a teacher propped the door open. Assume it was done for ventilation not as an inside job.

From the schools FB page.
11:43 am

Robb Elementary is under a Lockdown Status

Robb Elementary Parents:
Please know at this time Robb Elementary is under a Lockdown Status due to gunshots in the area. The students and staff are safe in the building. The building is secure in a Lockdown Status. Your cooperation is needed at this time by not visiting the campus. As soon as the Lockdown Status is lifted you will be notified.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Anne Marie Espinoza Executive Director of Communications and Marketing Uvalde CISD
The teacher who propped the door open (assuming it wasn’t one of the ones killed) has blood on his/her hands and should be run out of town…
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

kalm wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:40 pm
Col Hogan wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:19 pm
(Sensing a trap)

Close background check loopholes (I realize that wouldn’t have helped here)

Magazine capacity limits.
What background check loophole?

Can we have standard capacity magazines?

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Col Hogan wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:29 pm What background check loophole?
private sales outside of a commercial shop
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:48 pm
Col Hogan wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:29 pm What background check loophole?
private sales outside of a commercial shop
How do you plan to enforce that alleged loophole?

And if it’s private, how is it a loophole?

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

klammy presented with data...rejects data and sticks with provenly false premise. :lol:

Just like in the China Virus thread. :rofl: