Political discussions
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Uvalde School Shooting

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:51 am Last 3 mass shootings:
-Buffalo: Multiple warnings signs that should have triggered NY red flag laws but didn't due to incompetent state govt bureaucracy.
-Uvalde: Incompetent local law enforcement, starting with before the shooter even entered the school (officer had the shooter in his sites from 140+ yds but didn't shoot).
-Highland Park: Multiple warnings signs that should have triggered IL red flag laws but didn't due to incompetent state govt bureaucracy. Police called multiple times to house, he threatened to kill his family, police confiscated knives/sword/machete, but still didn't trigger IL red flag laws and was allowed to purchase firearms.

We don't need more gun control laws. We just need to get incompetence out of some local law enforcement, and get incompetent bureaucracy out of govt.
No, wrong. A couple more gun control laws ought to do it. :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Bobcat wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:32 am It's not sad it's common sense
if you insist on living in a dangerous neighborhood, you should probably arm up unless you're pretty tough.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:42 am Image
That apparently was the officer who's wife was shot (and eventually died enroute to the hospital), and he was getting a text from her right before he was stopped by other officers from attempting to go into the classroom...
Uvalde bodycam video shows police holding back officer whose wife was in room with gunman
The officer was previously criticized for appearing to check his phone during the shooting
https://www.foxnews.com/us/uvalde-bodyc ... ck-officer
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:15 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:42 am Image
That apparently was the officer who's wife was shot (and eventually died enroute to the hospital), and he was getting a text from her right before he was stopped by other officers from attempting to go into the classroom...
Uvalde bodycam video shows police holding back officer whose wife was in room with gunman
The officer was previously criticized for appearing to check his phone during the shooting
https://www.foxnews.com/us/uvalde-bodyc ... ck-officer
Texas. :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky